Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow 6.86" Mini dash display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do have one of the last 2022 models with the USS, and the screen works well with that. I’d assume that the Tesla vision control would activate the camera in newer models, but obviously cannot test it to confirm.

The scroll wheel does not (as far as I can tell) allow you to scroll between apps in CarPlay. I’d love to be able to do this using the Tesla scroll wheel or even a third party offering (hint, Hansshow).

The Waze audio can be routed to the car, as is the case with Spotify etc. I’ve just realized that I prefer to keep the audio separate.

Install wasn’t too bad. Popping apart the dash is pretty quick, even the center console (though it does require a bit of a tug). Getting the cable through the firewall was the toughest part for me, even though the location is pretty accessible and instructions clear. It’s just tricky and I tried to keep the pass through hole small, which made the cable difficult to move through.

I’d recommend having a bag of zip ties and electrical tape on hand to secure the cables.

I have installed this display too. I agree with @5465736c614d6f , it works great and this is exactly what I was looking for. Minor disadventages like resetting PSI/Bar settings doesn't make a difference. I agree with brightness task but for me it's not as annoying. I just set it to minimum (not auto).

I don't have USS (TMY '2023) and the only way to switch to camera view is right scroll button or touching the screen. I like that there are no other controls via scoll wheels because the settings don't mix with the car's functions. That's why I didn't buy H6 screen. As you can see on Youtube, changing settings in that screen interfere with i.e. voice commands.

Negative. There was no fix. Hansshow and I tried to fix it, even removed the PCB to try and flash it, but nothing worked.

I had to remove the display, unfortunately. I went back to the 10.25” screen.
hey. I flashed the firmware with the tool CS provide and it worked. removed the PCB and flash but you have to select "format" and flash not just flash.
also use the firmware file that they gave you not download from website.

Reactions: PauliePucks
Was posting to see if anyone has had the chance yet to demo or test the hansshow CarPlay with front camera and radar retrofit.

Install looks fairly daunting - wondering if it’s worth it, the actual panel looks minimalist and the integration and front bumper camera are really enticing

Was posting to see if anyone has had the chance yet to demo or test the hansshow CarPlay with front camera and radar retrofit.

Install looks fairly daunting - wondering if it’s worth it, the actual panel looks minimalist and the integration and front bumper camera are really enticing

I moved your new thread into this active one on this topic. There are also other threads on this topic, if this one does not have a discussion you are looking for.

I have installed this display. The instalation wasn't difficult, the hardest part was to remove the central console. There are videos on YouTube with detailed explanation. You can do it ;-) I think it's worth installing this screen. The front camera works well, CarPlay too. The displayed parameters (like current speed, state of battery, range) are presented in a minimalist way and correspond well with the original display.

I have installed this display. The instalation wasn't difficult, the hardest part was to remove the central console. There are videos on YouTube with detailed explanation. You can do it ;-) I think it's worth installing this screen. The front camera works well, CarPlay too. The displayed parameters (like current speed, state of battery, range) are presented in a minimalist way and correspond well with the original display.
The front camera sensor is pretty good so like when you are approaching a garage, the front camera will automatically activate?

does your car have USS? my MY RWD does not. It seems like it wont turn on.

Did anyone try updating the latest software from TMA for

T6' CarPlay/Android Auto Steering Wheel Touch Screen Display?
I saw latest software update description from TMA

Software update 231106

the software to solve the issues of :

1. Add the night mode on the Parking mode.
  2. Optimize tire pressure information
  3. Optimize the Airbag icon
  4. Add Carplay full screen and split screen function
  5. Add front camera full screen and split screen function
  6. Modify the default phone sound from the instrument microphone and speaker to the Tesla microphone and speaker-- (Bluetooth connected method: click the "Carplay/ Android Auto" icon to enter the "Carplay/ Android Auto, search the device Bluetooth "Carkit***" on your smartphone and connect it, the passcode is "0000" and click "Use Carplay" when it turns to the Carplay Pop-ups. it will auto-connect.
  7. Add the select sound comes out method on the settings page.
  8. Modify the setting page data.

Wondering whether it is worth updating to the latest version if anyone has tried it. Thanks.

T6' CarPlay/Android Auto Steering Wheel Touch Screen Display?​

Software update 231106

6. Modify the default phone sound from the instrument microphone and speaker to the Tesla microphone and speaker-- (Bluetooth connected method: click the "Carplay/ Android Auto" icon to enter the "Carplay/ Android Auto, search the device Bluetooth "Carkit***" on your smartphone and connect it, the passcode is "0000" and click "Use Carplay" when it turns to the Carplay Pop-ups. it will auto-connect.

Wondering whether it is worth updating to the latest version if anyone has tried it. Thanks.
Hi,
Do you actually own the screen?
I have some questions if you do?

does your car have USS? my MY RWD does not. It seems like it wont turn on.
No, I have TMY '2023 without USS. The camera don't activate automatically but I can turn it on via right-wheel-button or via touch screen. It's not a big deal to press the right-wheel-button to the right ;-) Personally I preffer this way - I can decide whether I need a camera at this moment or not.

So update on the latest Hansshow model F68: the brightness of the screen really started to annoy me at night. It really is pretty bright and distracting. It's possible that this gets updated by the manufacturer, but I'm not holding my breath.

So as an interim fix, I got some 20% window tint from the automotive section at Walmart for ~$10. The hardest part of applying it was cutting the film to the correct size, but in the end it took less than 30 mins to apply. The screen (at its lowest setting) remains ever so slightly brighter than the main screen in the pitch black, but it's much much closer and now not annoying. The tint didn't change how the touch screen operates at all. In the daytime the screen is now a bit dimmer vs the main screen, but it's not that far off and it seems like a small price to pay for what amounts to a fix at night. I'd considered going with a 35% film, but having tried the 20% I don't think that the 35% would block out enough light at night to even things up. So if others try this, I'd recommend going for the 20% which seems to hit the sweet spot. And the 20% also warms the temperature up a bit, so it's closer to the main screen. If others are annoyed by this, I'd recommend going this route - it's inexpensive and fast and a noticeable improvement.

So update on the latest Hansshow model F68: the brightness of the screen really started to annoy me at night. It really is pretty bright and distracting. It's possible that this gets updated by the manufacturer, but I'm not holding my breath.

So as an interim fix, I got some 20% window tint from the automotive section at Walmart for ~$10. The hardest part of applying it was cutting the film to the correct size, but in the end it took less than 30 mins to apply. The screen (at its lowest setting) remains ever so slightly brighter than the main screen in the pitch black, but it's much much closer and now not annoying. The tint didn't change how the touch screen operates at all. In the daytime the screen is now a bit dimmer vs the main screen, but it's not that far off and it seems like a small price to pay for what amounts to a fix at night. I'd considered going with a 35% film, but having tried the 20% I don't think that the 35% would block out enough light at night to even things up. So if others try this, I'd recommend going for the 20% which seems to hit the sweet spot. And the 20% also warms the temperature up a bit, so it's closer to the main screen. If others are annoyed by this, I'd recommend going this route - it's inexpensive and fast and a noticeable improvement.
I have the 10" version and it's absurd that you can't adjust the brightness or even turn it completely off. Thought this might have it. Other than the front camera feature I don't really think these are that useful anymore.

T6' CarPlay/Android Auto Steering Wheel Touch Screen Display?​

Software update 231106

Have you done the update? If yes, was the update just that one file? And did you use the USB to update?