Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would you say having sound coming out from those 4 front speakers now is worth it? Does it sound somewhat better or a lot better?
Maybe it's just me but I find the sound is be a bit degraded. The 4 speakers give the sound a nice higher sound stage, but there seems to be significant loss of bass from the front door speakers. I hardly notice the sound from the rear speakers.

There are many customers who want the audio upgrade without rear speakers.
I would like to give some of our suggestions here.

Why I suggest you choose our rear speakers? Especially for Version E
1. Our speakers were made base on Ranger Rover speakers to adjust. It's excellent to keep sound reproduction and improve the midrange sound effect.
2. The rear surround speakers is made by the famous speaker's brand " bose " OEM factory, to achieve the diamond level upgrade.
3. Only cost a few dozen dollars more will bring your upgrade to a new level. It's worth the price.

All in all, our rear speakers quality is much better than the original car. Anyway, it's up to your choice.
You do know that "bose" speakers are garbage, right? They're hardly "diamond level" speakers. Consumer level Infinity are better with Focal being the "diamond level" upgrade. Don't believe the hype.

Has anyone who has installed the DIY harness in their SR+ Notice they are getting vocals from the tweeters? I plugged everything in and it just did not sound good and i could hear muted vocals coming from the tweeters. I ended up unplugging the two wire’s on each front side (not sure which speakers these actually go to). After doing that it sounded much better with just the rear speakers activated.
I noticed that too. The signal path seems really strange. The front door speakers aren't powered on until you hookup the plug in the back. There's also a noticeable loss in bass from the front door speakers. Can you give it a listen and tell me if that's in your case? Maybe my unit is defective... I prefer the stock sound since it has a fuller range with more bass.

Would you say having sound coming out from those 4 front speakers now is worth it? Does it sound somewhat better or a lot better?

Before I installed the kit I thought it wasn't worth it if you were missing the rear deck speakers. But I can hear an improvement with just the front speakers. The extra front speakers are really noticeable to me. I don't know if the lower impedance is throwing off the levels and they are louder than they would be with the full factory system. I used the fader to move the sound back a bit to balance out the system. It helped a lot to make them less noticeable.

What the system really needs is a sub. That alone would be the biggest improvement.

Reactions: Mr X
Maybe it's just me but I find the sound is be a bit degraded. The 4 speakers give the sound a nice higher sound stage, but there seems to be significant loss of bass from the front door speakers. I hardly notice the sound from the rear speakers.

I noticed that too. The signal path seems really strange. The front door speakers aren't powered on until you hookup the plug in the back. There's also a noticeable loss in bass from the front door speakers. Can you give it a listen and tell me if that's in your case? Maybe my unit is defective... I prefer the stock sound since it has a fuller range with more bass.

I didn't notice any reduction in bass. There isn't a whole lot to begin with and I would definitely notice if there was less.

I don't understand the wiring, but I assume that the 4 front speakers are driven from the front channels. After I installed it I moved the fader to all four corners of the car to verify everything was wired correctly. When I moved the fader to the rear, the front speakers went quiet.

I am looking to buy a DIY version for 2019 SR+.
The installation videos are all for bigger installations, which I won't be able to get done.

Is there a specific smaller installation video for just the DIY on SR+‽

I did lookup Henshaw site.. they have video's for other types of installation and not DIY one.

Power or ground? And where does power go to? VC Right?

68AE088C-8952-47A5-9D8B-33E50119B45B.jpeg

I ordered version E as well, still waiting for my car to show up. I am worried that the subwoofer in kit E won't be as good as the stock tesla one or the 10" they offered.

I ordered Version B (same sub as E). I'm told it will be an 8*8 sub, and yes I'm hoping it is comparable to the 10" one the were offering. Worst-case I figure I'll have the wiring and DSP and can always swap-out the sub later if I'm really not satisfied. Or maybe even try to find a deal on the stock subwoofer.