Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am having a terrible experience with hansshow. Bought and received the old Professional upgrade but the amp was dead on arrival. So I contacted hansshow last week and they said they will send me the replacement. After a couple days with no updates, I asked them for the return shipping label but now they are completely ignoring my whatsapp messages. I even called them but no one picks up except one guy and hung up on me saying in a second. This is so stressfull!

I am having a terrible experience with hansshow. Bought and received the old Professional upgrade but the amp was dead on arrival. So I contacted hansshow last week and they said they will send me the replacement. After a couple days with no updates, I asked them for the return shipping label but now they are completely ignoring my whatsapp messages. I even called them but no one picks up except one guy and hung up on me saying in a second. This is so stressfull!

Received a message from Hansshow, currently getting resolved. It seems like the person in charge was a new guy.

I have a 2019 june build SR+ and I just finished installing the diy version. I have the rear deck speakers , and wow it does have quite a difference in the sound stage. The sound feels livelier everywhere versus before.

I highly recommend it !

Where are you located ? I'm on the south shore (Brossard) and would kinda die to compare your 80USD$ harness against my 1200+$ Hansshow 'Pro' kit ... I'M afraid the difference won't be worth 1120$... Just to convince myself I've thrown money in the bin , basically.

Hey, I have done a quick sound measurement on my SR+ Model 3.

Anybody else done anything like this? Or, have a upgraded Model 3 I can test against, either a premium AWD or Hansshow version in my area? Far, far, far western suburb of Chicago?

No I haven't - but was about to equip myself to do so with a proper mic.

The problem I'm facing, having added the Hansshow Amp/DSP - is that I'm applying a Gain over a Gain; and nothing being perfect (except for Milla Jovovich in 5th element), obviously at different gain levels, frequency bands from the DSP get different treatment.

I usually fine-tune this just via the Tesla HU's tone control; but still sucks having to do so quite often.

I'm really close to sniifing the USB traffic between the App and the DSP for when you switch from 1 of the 6 pre-saved configurations, and then installing an rPI to switch between profiles. (We all know it<s not gonna happen; I.ve got kids and a wife, this is dream time-off-to-myself territory)

Unless...
New version only take about 30 minutes ~1 hour
Unless Chic.Hung has a better way to switch between DSP profiles ?

Below is the 2nd video I took showing how to add speakers to those who do not have them in the rear deck of your model 3’s.

I purchased on eBay a used rear deck. Ended up just using the speakers and the harness. This was purchased several months before other options were available. I was wanting to just swap it out but the deck received had condition issues.

The Hansshow new kits have rear speakers so if you want them to go in the rear deck this video will help. Not sure if Hansshow comes with a harness for their provided speakers though... If not you can run your own wires easily with the deck out.

Last edited:
No I haven't - but was about to equip myself to do so with a proper mic.

The problem I'm facing, having added the Hansshow Amp/DSP - is that I'm applying a Gain over a Gain; and nothing being perfect (except for Milla Jovovich in 5th element), obviously at different gain levels, frequency bands from the DSP get different treatment.

I usually fine-tune this just via the Tesla HU's tone control; but still sucks having to do so quite often.

I'm really close to sniifing the USB traffic between the App and the DSP for when you switch from 1 of the 6 pre-saved configurations, and then installing an rPI to switch between profiles. (We all know it<s not gonna happen; I.ve got kids and a wife, this is dream time-off-to-myself territory)

Unless...

Unless Chic.Hung has a better way to switch between DSP profiles ?

May I have your order number please ?