Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine just showed up! And it was delivered via fedex as well.

It came with a trim piece removal tool as well. Nice touch! It seems pretty well made. I plan on opening up the little box to see what they are doing in there.

So far, nice job Hansshow!

Caps aren't going to do anything to change the impedance.

Will it work? Reports are it does. I didn't bother tracing out how the extra speakers are wired up (series or parallel). The amp probably has enough headroom to deal with the different impedance so that it doesn't matter unless you are really cranking it up.

Let me preface this with I have no idea what the difference is between the partial premium vs full premium amps.

Let's say the partial premium only has a 2 channel amp with 50 watts per channel. That is 100 w total. Let's also say the the full premium has 4 channels with 50 watts per channel 200 w total. So the full premium amp is more powerful, but the per channel rating is the same.

Get it? That's what I was speculating with my earlier post.

OK thanks. The website wehre you can buy the teslaoffer wiring harness clearly states that the harness may cause damage to the amp.
The hansshow website states that the diy harness adds crossover to prevent amp damage. I am just trying to understand technically how this works (prevent damage) since there are no crossovers and just caps

Hi all, I have recently purchased a DIY Audio Upgrade kit for my 2019 Australian right hand drive Model 3 SR+. I have installed the audio cables and box yesterday. The sound was good and all 6 of my extra speakers seem to be working.

Unfortunately after the install my microphone is not working any more. The car does not respond to any voice commands and the hands-free phone functions do not work. I tried rebooting the car (soft and hard) and it didn't fix the problem.

When I unplug the Hansshow cables/box and reconnect original cables, the microphone works again.

Has anyone come across this problem?

Hi all, I have recently purchased a DIY Audio Upgrade kit for my 2019 Australian right hand drive Model 3 SR+. I have installed the audio cables and box yesterday. The sound was good and all 6 of my extra speakers seem to be working.

Unfortunately after the install my microphone is not working any more. The car does not respond to any voice commands and the hands-free phone functions do not work. I tried rebooting the car (soft and hard) and it didn't fix the problem.

When I unplug the Hansshow cables/box and reconnect original cables, the microphone works again.

Has anyone come across this problem?

I haven't heard of this issue with anyone else, but I could see where someone might not notice right away.

Could it be a issue with right hand drive models only?

Reactions: realrift