Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did some wire mapping last night and this is what I found:

09F3EF97-565F-4EFD-96FA-14D3F4FB6D9B.png

Seems to be correctly wired up now. I guess I'll find out when installed.

• Informative
Reactions: Alien8er and Ry3n
Thanks MexiCanuck for your PM on the Victoria installer. For some reason I've not been able to PM you back. I've been in contact with Cici regarding an installer in Nanaimo (EcstasyAudio) whom we've both contacted to see if he'd be willing to do installs for central islanders - waiting to hear back.

I hope the Nanaimo option becomes available. I live in Cowichan but work in Nanaimo and that option would be more convenient.

Version E DSP have separate channel outputs for the rear speakers so in theory you can add them to your existing rear deck speakers. Version B doesn't have those outputs.

To me, I didn't think the price difference between B to E was justified. I could be totally wrong but I'll let you guys know when I install.
The diffirent about version E and Vesrion B is huge.
1. The DSP of Version E is much better than Version B.
2.Version E DSP 4 input 8 output, Version B DSP 4 Input, 4 output.
3.Version E DSP have 31 part EQ, Version B dsp have 15 part EQ.
4.The IC we use for verion e DSP is high level than version b, it can output better audio signal.
5.The power version e DSP output is better than version B.
6.The rear surround speaker quality is much better than version B.
Overall, the version E system can make your car Stereo system become very awesome.

Was your harness cut for the rear speakers? I didn't order it with the rear speakers. Mine came like this.
View attachment 612118
I didn't order the rear speakers either (early 2020 with factory rear speakers). My harness was not cut like that. I had two pairs of wires coming out with an unterminated end (long enough to feed the speakers on the rear deck). I will just coil the extra up and will tuck it out of the way.

Version B installed! Here is my quick report:
- Install went well ... actually better than I thought. Haven't put it all back yet, but I don't think that will take long.
- Was not impressed at all when I first tried it. Didn't sound any different. I also couldn't get the software to talk to the DSP ... was if it was dead. Went under the seat and looked at the DSP and noticed there is a small switch labelled something/DC. Flipped that switch and a red light came on and suddenly music was now playing louder and through all the speakers! I then loaded the DSP software and config file successfully.
- Tested balance/fader and everything is good.
- Overall sound is improved, but I'm underwhelmed by the sub performance. It is on, but really not very strong at all. I verified that the settings are adjusted correctly according to the picture on github. I'll have to play with it some more.

Reactions: kiNGng3
Version B installed! Here is my quick report:
- Install went well ... actually better than I thought. Haven't put it all back yet, but I don't think that will take long.
- Was not impressed at all when I first tried it. Didn't sound any different. I also couldn't get the software to talk to the DSP ... was if it was dead. Went under the seat and looked at the DSP and noticed there is a small switch labelled something/DC. Flipped that switch and a red light came on and suddenly music was now playing louder and through all the speakers! I then loaded the DSP software and config file successfully.
- Tested balance/fader and everything is good.
- Overall sound is improved, but I'm underwhelmed by the sub performance. It is on, but really not very strong at all. I verified that the settings are adjusted correctly according to the picture on github. I'll have to play with it some more.

ACC/DC accessory power or DC power

Might have to cut subwoofer wires and reverse them?

Was your harness cut for the rear speakers? I didn't order it with the rear speakers. Mine came like this.
View attachment 612118
The harness cut off for new rear speakers.
If you did not order the rear speakers, please cut off the 4 wires.
reconnect the 4 wires to the rear plug wires back, according to the wire color.
White to white, gray to gray.
White with black connect to white with black, gray with black connect to gray with black.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Attachments

• Rear plug (2).png
    Rear plug (2).png
    1.5 MB · Views: 111
ACC/DC accessory power or DC power

Might have to cut subwoofer wires and reverse them?

Yes, was thinking about that. Would like to hear from someone at Hansshow first before butchering my harness :).

BTW, for anyone doing the install I found this YouTube video very useful:
. It's in French, but it has excellent views of the panels/fasteners/connectors that you need to remove.

I ordered version b without rear speakers as well but havnt received it yet. Does that cable activate the oem rear speakers? It looks like they cut it

I installed the B kit last night, and the cable is cut, but I have the SR + version manufactured before Feb 2020 so with the rear speakers already installed and I sent the hardness already cut so the speakers already installed do not not working, I would have to reconnect but the length of wires they left is preventing me, I would have to change the entire connector.
Someones know where I can found this kind of connecter to replace the wire correctelly ...

Attachments

• Wire cut.jpg
    Wire cut.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 94
I didn't order the rear speakers either (early 2020 with factory rear speakers). My harness was not cut like that. I had two pairs of wires coming out with an unterminated end (long enough to feed the speakers on the rear deck). I will just coil the extra up and will tuck it out of the way.

Correction ... mine is also cut and rear speaker not working. So I wonder if the two pairs of unterminated wires are active and I can just connect them to the plug where they are cut? I'm also in the same boat that the amount they left on the connector end is going to make reconnecting a challenge.

Correction ... mine is also cut and rear speaker not working. So I wonder if the two pairs of unterminated wires are active and I can just connect them to the plug where they are cut? I'm also in the same boat that the amount they left on the connector end is going to make reconnecting a challenge.

In theory it should work. Looking through the connection, the branched off wiring is the same.

About the subwoofer wiring, @Alien8er posted about it earlier.

My version b without rear speakers is due to arrive next week. Can someone please tell what I need to look for to identify if I am going to have a problem enabling the rear speakers. I really don't want to have to do wire cutting / joining / putting into a connector! I was hoping it would be as simple as shown in the videos: connecting a plug in the car with a plug in the new wiring harness...

My version b without rear speakers is due to arrive next week. Can someone please tell what I need to look for to identify if I am going to have a problem enabling the rear speakers. I really don't want to have to do wire cutting / joining / putting into a connector! I was hoping it would be as simple as shown in the videos: connecting a plug in the car with a plug in the new wiring harness...
I justed got the version B and installed yesterday... took me 4 hours in my garage
And I realize I don't have the good one of hardness because My SR+ was build before 20th. of feb.. and I have the rear speaker so I can't connect those and need to chage this connecter

Attachments

• Wire cut.jpg
    Wire cut.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 81
I justed got the version B and installed yesterday... took me 4 hours in my garage
And I realize I don't have the good one of hardness because My SR+ was build before 20th. of feb.. and I have the rear speaker so I can't connect those and need to chage this connecter

Does that connector not plug into the plug that came in the car, or are the wires going into that plug incorrect? What is the resolution to this problem?

Does that connector not plug into the plug that came in the car, or are the wires going into that plug incorrect? What is the resolution to this problem?
You see the white wires start from the connecter? this one suppose to go to the new cheap speaker supplied by Hansshow but I want to try the already have existing speaker. I already have into my car first I want to use it ...

So they've changed the plug at some point to not work with existing speakers in the rear shelf, and only with their new speakers? That's really unfortunate. I really didn't want to be fiddling around with wiring loom connectors!

Version B install update. So I swapped the purple wires around on the sub and it does seem much stronger, so that's good. I then tackled the cut wire for the rear shelf speakers. I was able to connect them up even though they didn't leave much on the plug side. While trying to strip one of the wires one of them came right out of the connector. I was able to fix that by soldering the wire directly onto the metal in the plug - it actually wasn't that hard. For joining these wires the easiest way to do it is to make sure you have pre-tinned all the wires so that you only need to heat them up to join. I then used shrink tube, and finally wrapped it in electrical tape to protect it. CAUTION: I tried it with one rear speaker first and found that they had the wires reversed (yes I connected white-white and gray-gray), so I had to reverse it. It now works perfectly and the sound is great! The rear shelf speakers do make a difference. Also, watch out for the power switch. I found that after disconnecting the DSP to do the soldering that I must have knocked the switch so that it was not coming on. If the DSP is off you still get sound, but not through the rear passenger door speakers. There is also a red light that you should see on.

So they've changed the plug at some point to not work with existing speakers in the rear shelf, and only with their new speakers? That's really unfortunate. I really didn't want to be fiddling around with wiring loom connectors!

Yes, what they have done is to snip the leads feeding into the plug that feed the rear speakers and have then connected a longer length of wire so that they can connect the speakers in their kit. Not great for those of us who want to use our existing speakers. It would have been better if they had just tapped in to those wires rather than cutting them.