Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll be honest, I was super excited to activate the rear shelf speakers and ordered Version A of the Hansshow kit but now I'm getting nervous. Not only have I sent two messages requesting the status of my order, which was placed nearly a month ago, and heard nothing back but, it's sounding like I'll need to reconfigure the wiring harness they'll be sending to me... I have a couple of Model 3 owners in the area that were eager to see the results of my purchase but at this point I don't know how I can recommend the product or company. I suppose we'll see if I hear anything by next Monday.

I'll be honest, I was super excited to activate the rear shelf speakers and ordered Version A of the Hansshow kit but now I'm getting nervous. Not only have I sent two messages requesting the status of my order, which was placed nearly a month ago, and heard nothing back but, it's sounding like I'll need to reconfigure the wiring harness they'll be sending to me... I have a couple of Model 3 owners in the area that were eager to see the results of my purchase but at this point I don't know how I can recommend the product or company. I suppose we'll see if I hear anything by next Monday.

I'm pretty confident you will get your order. I don't think I've seen any reports of them not fulfilling an order. So probably just late based on logistics. Your other concern about reconfiguration is valid.

Found a subwoofer option from a company called NVX

Tesla Model 3 Complete Aftermarket Subwoofer Package | BE-TM3-VSW10S2-PACKAGE

I know nothing about this company but at least the components look to be of high quality. Sub mounts on the left side pocket instead of right. Enclosure is hand-laid fiberglass. Dual voice-coil 10" driver with 500w rms amp, 8 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit,
2-Channel Line Out Converter, and remote bass knob. No idea how it sounds but looks very high end including all the wiring. Full retail is $719 and currently (for today anyways) they have a Cyber Monday 10% discount.

Who wants to take one for the team? :)

View attachment 613338

It's exciting to see more kits becoming available for our Model 3s! Maybe it'll force Hansshow to step up the QC of their products, or even offer us more competitive prices.

I know nothing about this company but at least the components look to be of high quality. Sub mounts on the left side pocket instead of right. Enclosure is hand-laid fiberglass. Dual voice-coil 10" driver with 500w rms amp, 8 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit,
2-Channel Line Out Converter, and remote bass knob. No idea how it sounds but looks very high end including all the wiring. Full retail is $719 and currently (for today anyways) they have a Cyber Monday 10% discount.

View attachment 613338

NVX subwoofer kits are known in the Model S world. They came out 6 years ago. Great news they developed the Model 3 kit! This should be very good indeed.

For those with Version B trying to connect factory rear speakers but having a hard time because the amount of wire left on the plug is too small to make a connection ... I just had a thought. You should be able to bypass the plug entirely if you just snip the corresponding wires on the factory plug that the Hansshow plug (the one with the 4 cut wires) goes into. Then connect the rear speaker leads from Hansshow to them. Yes, this is butchering your wiring on the factory plug, but let's remember that those were not being used before anyway (so if ever you want to remove this stuff the car still works same as before - no harm done). This will be way easier to do.

Lovely, I will try it tomorrow because I tried to remove the pin connector and is the pain of the ...

Attachments

• Wire cut.jpg
    Wire cut.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 83
It seems like Hansshow should be paying posters here for troubleshooting their rushed out product...

Does anyone have any experience of doing this DIY (just rear shelf harness) updates on a right hand drive car. I received the cable but all the instructions are for a left hand drive...I know the cables are specific for lhD or rhd but the instructions are only lhD...any advice.ob what's different would be appreciated before I go rip the car apart (queue massive anxiety)...

View attachment 613338

I wonder why they decided to mount it on left side (eliminating the cubby hole storage) rather than the factory location. It does look impressive exposed rather than hidden.

I wonder why they decided to mount it on left side (eliminating the cubby hole storage) rather than the factory location. It does look impressive exposed rather than hidden.
But I check that part and it seems to be more quality and more expansive, do you know where it comes.. because Hansshow I paid a dutyfees not the worst part.. but it's seems to be more quality by the wires and connector and speaker .. Hum I'm so jalouse ..LOL

Maybe it was easier to create a box with the air volume they needed for a 10" but that's just a wild guess. I prefer it completely hidden but as an exposed sub I think it looks quite good. That fiberglass enclosure looks amazing.

Reactions: GT!!
Does anyone have any experience of doing this DIY (just rear shelf harness) updates on a right hand drive car. I received the cable but all the instructions are for a left hand drive...I know the cables are specific for lhD or rhd but the instructions are only lhD...any advice.ob what's different would be appreciated before I go rip the car apart (queue massive anxiety)...

Are the cables really lhd/rhd specific? I have no experience, but I'm pretty sure there would be no difference. There are really 3 main connection points to the factory wiring: at the amp (passenger footwell), for the front speakers (left side door + passenger footwell - same area as amp), for the rear speakers (right passenger seat). I can't see why they would move any of these for lhd. Opening up these areas is really pretty easy if you have the right tools (which are inexpensive). I started by opening everything up first (to get over the worries) and then starting the install.

I got my version B today. The loom does have the cables cut going into the rear speaker plug - but it also has the full length of cabling for the 'new' speakers that I did not buy. I was initially tricked by the fact that the cut wires were inside the tesa tape, so I didn't actually see them. I guess I can pull out the four cut cables and put in the 'new' speaker cable into the plug itself?

20201202_094606 (1).jpg
20201202_090909.jpg
20201202_091022.jpg
20201202_090921.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my version B today. The loom did not have the cabling cut at (what I believe) is the rear speaker connector - instead I see a full run of cabling that would be useful if I didn't have rear speakers. However, because I do have rear speakers in my car, I can see that the connector does not have the cables running into it, and so I will need to rectify this situation first. I am half tempted to find a car sound place in town to see if they could save me the hassle, but it is frustrating that this is necessary in the first place!

Somewhat annoyingly, the connector that doesn't have the extra four wires running into it doesn't even have the metal connectors inside it - so I can't put the wires in there without finding some of those or an entirely new plug.

View attachment 613517 View attachment 613519 View attachment 613518
You suppose to have 2 white wires and tow small speakers to attached it to the rear plateform I don't like it the small speaker, I think I gonna change it for the real one

You suppose to have 2 white wires and tow small speakers to attached it to the rear plateform I don't like it the small speaker, I think I gonna change it for the real one

I don't have the 'new' Hansshow speakers, just the ones that came with my car. I'm a little confused though. I'll wait to clarify with Hansshow later today and will report back.