Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you are developing a new DSP then do all the beta testers that corrected your problems get the new DSP?!

We should. We've done more than enough to help you guys.
I agree but I guarantee you that will be a solid NO from them. Since their current DSP admittedly has a problem causing deficient bass which can only be corrected with new hardware, they should absolutely provide previous buyers with replacements.

Reactions: badiban and kiNGng3
For the harness problem, we are sorry about that. Every comment we had check and we are work with it.

The majority issues are harness problems, we already solved the problem since 23rd Nov.
Presently audio system would not have the problem.
To make the system work better, especially the front door bass, we are developing new DSP, which can make every speaker works better.
It can works on Model 3 LR, Performance as well.

So if you are working on a new dsp to fix the bass problem.... when is it going to be ready?

because I’ve just purchase the F version and I can wait untill it’s fix before you send me a dsp that can’t fix the problem of the front speakers

So if you are working on a new dsp to fix the bass problem.... when is it going to be ready?

because I’ve just purchase the F version and I can wait untill it’s fix before you send me a dsp that can’t fix the problem of the front speakers
That is not a problem. Version F already provide an excellent sound effect.
We are trying to making the system work better.
What is your order number, WC-XXXXX, PM me on whatsapp +86 15627217968

If you are developing a new DSP then do all the beta testers that corrected your problems get the new DSP?!

We should. We've done more than enough to help you guys.

We should totally be eligible for the free dsp replacement for being their beta testers!

Wasted so many countless hours, tinkering and seeking help for something as simple as install guides and dsp updates.

Not sure about the rest of you but I feel ripped off by Hansshow. If this is how they conduct business and treat their early adopters, you better believe this'll be the last product I buy from them.

We expect better from you guys, William!

Make it right by sending us replacements!

Last edited:
No such luck guys. I already told you it would be a solid no. They are now painting the current DSP as an "excellent" unit but new one will even be better. If so many people say bass is lacking, obviously there is a problem. Engineering and R&D are expensive so why design a new one when the current one is "excellent" and has not been on the market long enough for them to achieve economies of scale. Makes zero sense.

We should totally be eligible for the free dsp replacement for being their beta testers!

Wasted so many countless hours, tinkering and seeking help for something as simple as install guides and dsp updates.

Not sure about the rest of you but I feel ripped off by Hansshow. If this is how they conduct business and treat their early adopters, you better believe this'll be the last product I buy from them.

We expect better from you guys, William!

Make it right by sending us replacements!

diffirent DSP have diffirent work effect.

And the price is different.

Our 2 version dsp have no problem.
Version B dsp is 4 in put and 4 output,

version E,F dsp is 4 input and 8 output.

Compare version B, verion E,F can boost more audio channel in Model 3, it can provide more power, and make the sound effect better than version B.
That is one of the reason why version E,F is much expensive than version B.

For some other luxury car, people would like to spend over 10,000 usd to change their DSP to make the audio system sounds great.

Reactions: cdswm3
The majority issues are harness problems, we already solved the problem since 23rd Nov.
Presently audio system would not have the problem.
To make the system work better, especially the front door bass, we are developing new DSP, which can make every speaker works better.

Did you not write this an hour ago and said there are issues and you are developing a new DSP? Don't come on here and contradict yourself. You only look like a fool in front of your customers.

• Disagree
Reactions: cdswm3
Did you not write this an hour ago and said there are issues and you are developing a new DSP? Don't come on here and contradict yourself. You only look like a fool in front of your customers.
Ff I make you misunderstand that, sorry for it.
I was said our harness have problem and already solved, but I did not say our dsp have problem.

Our version B,E,F DSP always works great. For clients who had installed the dsp, they know.
If I express myself wrong, hope I make it clearly this time.

There is no problem.
How to test it? just remove the DSP plug, you can tell the diffirent for with dsp and without DSP.

I have tried turning off the DSP before because I'm not 100% satisfied with the product, but it does not return the sound quality back to the original Tesla sound quality. So your suggestion is not valid.

If you know there's a problem with the original DSP and are designing a new one, you should send the original customers the updated DSP.

I have spent a lot of time installing, then having to uninstall due to a faulty harness and to reinstall the replacement again.
That does not include all the time trying to adjust the sound thru the DSP program. The sound is still too harsh.

diffirent DSP have diffirent work effect.

And the price is different.

Our 2 version dsp have no problem.
Version B dsp is 4 in put and 4 output,

version E,F dsp is 4 input and 8 output.

Compare version B, verion E,F can boost more audio channel in Model 3, it can provide more power, and make the sound effect better than version B.
That is one of the reason why version E,F is much expensive than version B.

For some other luxury car, people would like to spend over 10,000 usd to change their DSP to make the audio system sounds great.

I bought a Version E from Hansshow and the door woofers on both sides, are extremely underwhelming, little to non-existent.

Unless you can tell me exactly on how you will fix this issue with my current dsp, you owe it us to send us replacements.

We have not only made YouTube videos about your product but have actively advertised them too.

As it stands, I will no longer continue to support and unfinished, under-tested product. I definitely will not recommend anyone to buy your overrated products until there is proper research and development in place.

I am not the first and can guarantee you that I won't be the last to make this stand against buying a half-baked product.

Last edited:
I just read through all 47 pages of this, and signed up just to comment.

first wanna thank everyone for all the reply’s and work and R&D everyone has put in, I ordered Kit A with no DSP because from the YouTube videos I watched on the product the DSP seemed to be a headache, and now that I find this thread I’m glad a went that way.

I’m still nervous now about installing it, I might sell the kit and wait it out and see how it all irons out.

what I’m nervous about is 1) not getting a quality sound, and 2 is the kitA doesn’t have the ohm box, and no amp for speakers just the sub, so do I run a risk of overloading the factory amp like the early harness?

I bought a Version E from Hansshow and the door woofers on both sides, are extremely underwhelming, little to non-existent.

Unless you can tell me exactly on how you will fix this issue with my current dsp, you owe it us to send us replacements.

We have not only made YouTube videos about your product but have actively advertised them too.

As it stands, I will no longer continue to support and unfinished, under-tested product. I definitely will not recommend anyone to buy your overrated products until there is proper research and development in place.

I am not the first and can guarantee you that I won't be the last to make this stand against buying a half-baked product.
For the door woofer, It is not product problem. if you can only hear few sound from door woofer,
you can use the DSP to adjust the whole system to make each speaker work properly and fit your ear. That is one of our advantage compare to Amp, amp can not adjust anything.

We had sent a standard sound effect, it can fit normal user's ear. But if you have personal taste, you can open the dsp software, adjust related output channel to adjust it. Use original car EQ can adjust the sound effect as well.

I have tried turning off the DSP before because I'm not 100% satisfied with the product, but it does not return the sound quality back to the original Tesla sound quality. So your suggestion is not valid.

If you know there's a problem with the original DSP and are designing a new one, you should send the original customers the updated DSP.

I have spent a lot of time installing, then having to uninstall due to a faulty harness and to reinstall the replacement again.
That does not include all the time trying to adjust the sound thru the DSP program. The sound is still too harsh.

Which version do you have, may I know do you know how to adjust the DSP?
We already set a proper sound effect. If you do not like it, you can adjust it yourself.

And for some professional users, they can set some other sound effect data and share here, maybe these other sound effect is your test.

Or just tell us what kind of sound effect do you need, what kind of music is your favorite, we can set that effect for you.

I'm confused now. I was told by Hansshow that they didn't touch the front door lower speakers, but then they say there is a fix for it after Nov 23rd? Now I'm curious to what the solution or fix is. I have spent waaaay too many hours tinkering, adjusting tweaking, fixing things to try and get this right. Had I paid $200 for this, sure it would be fine, but it was $600+ USD, which is creeping to $1000 Canadian.

I've made videos, supported other people through email, private message and answered questions through youtube and people have bought the product because of that. I was also expecting the first version of this product based on a youtube video I saw and ordered the product specifically because of that video. When it came time to shipping Hansshow told me that they had a "better" system with an amp and DSP and that I should take that version instead. I accepted because, who wouldn't take a better system than what they were originally paying for right?

I'd expect for the amount of money and time spent I'd have an amazing sounding system instead of having to figure out why my blinker sounds are quiet sometimes and loud other times....

Reactions: badiban and kiNGng3
I was in the garage for a good 30 minutes listening. The sub is really underwhelming. It sounds more like a woofer than a sub. It has more punch with one of the rear seat folded. I folded the right rear side. I will roll like that for now and maybe add another sub down the road.

Noted , The sub does lack some punch but having activated the rear deck speakers made a difference when sitting in the back seats. I don’t notice it as much on the driver side. The higher tones from the tweeters do sound nice.Overall , it’s a noticeable improvement with no regrets.I’ll tinker around a little with the bass boost to see how much that will help punch I’m looking for. LOL

What is your version, when did you order it, please let me know, I will send you the proper stereo data.

What is your version, when did you order it, please let me know, I will send you the proper stereo data.

1. I have the Version E
2. Ordered October 23rd
3. I have already installed 1121 from GitHub
4. I'm also quite disappointed that you changed the subwoofer to an 8" round, less than 1-week after my order and I was sent a 5*8 speaker... Is that even considered a subwoofer? It does not sound very good

The highs are too high giving me a headache if I listen too long. This never happened with the original Tesla sound system even on long road trips before covid 19.

Reactions: kiNGng3 and geen
upload_2020-12-11_10-30-58.png

Which one is the most up to date sub? This model or the one on the website that doesn’t have the corners folded