Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found one of your posts in which two channels of the Alpine seem to be used for the surround back speakers. In this type of installation (Model 3 ex SR +) the overhead tweeter is not connected?
In general (addition of the subwoofer separately), with control of the budget, is it more relevant to change the original speakers by STEG or Light Harmonics or to keep them and install a DSP?
I have the rear dash speakers using the rear channel of the Alpine amp and the overhead and door tweeter in parallel on the front channel. I haven’t used a DSP so can’t comment on that but changing to the light harmonic speakers is a noticeable upgrade.

I have the rear dash speakers using the rear channel of the Alpine amp and the overhead and door tweeter in parallel on the front channel. I haven’t used a DSP so can’t comment on that but changing to the light harmonic speakers is a noticeable upgrade.
Where do you install the Bass Blocker for the overhead and door tweeter?
What is the value off the impedance of these two tweeters connected in parallel?
The distribution of the sound level between the two tweeters is not adjustable (they are both on the same amplifier channel) is it good "naturally"?

Where do you install the Bass Blocker for the overhead and door tweeter?
What is the value off the impedance of these two tweeters connected in parallel?
The distribution of the sound level between the two tweeters is not adjustable (they are both on the same amplifier channel) is it good "naturally"?
The bass blockers are installed on the positive front output line of the Alpine amp. Both speakers are 4 ohms, in parallel this creates a 2 ohm load. A bass blocker that filters 0-5.6k at 4 ohms will filter 0-11.2k at 2 ohms. The sound level between both speakers is good “naturally” but if you wanted to control them independently, you could connect the door tweeters to the Alpine amp’s front channel and the overhead speakers to the rear channel, since you mentioned not installing the rear dash speakers.

The bass blockers are installed on the positive front output line of the Alpine amp. Both speakers are 4 ohms, in parallel this creates a 2 ohm load. A bass blocker that filters 0-5.6k at 4 ohms will filter 0-11.2k at 2 ohms. The sound level between both speakers is good “naturally” but if you wanted to control them independently, you could connect the door tweeters to the Alpine amp’s front channel and the overhead speakers to the rear channel, since you mentioned not installing the rear dash speakers.
I thought I would connect like this:
Signal speaker Daschbord (front Left) --> IN channel 1 ampli. OUT-> Speaker Left Daschbord (front)
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-->IN channel 2 ampli. OUT--> bass blocker -->Left Door tweeter
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!--> Left Overhead tweeter
ditto for the right side
With the solution proposed in the previous message that becomes the speaker on the dashboard (front) ?

I thought I would connect like this:
Signal speaker Daschbord (front Left) --> IN channel 1 ampli. OUT-> Speaker Left Daschbord (front)
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-->IN channel 2 ampli. OUT--> bass blocker -->Left Door tweeter
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!--> Left Overhead tweeter
ditto for the right side
With the solution proposed in the previous message that becomes the speaker on the dashboard (front) ?
I don’t understand your diagram.

I don’t suggest using the Alpine amp to power the dash speakers. It should look something like this.
EA2973BA-9BF7-4CA2-8970-444B5AE1D3F0.jpeg

Reactions: Stives
As I don't want to add rear dash speakers, I might as well use the 4 amplifier channels with the second diagram and use the gain settings to balance the levels. What is your opinion ?
The best place for the Alpine amplifier would be under the center console?
Do the dash tweeters have accessible connectors?
Do the overheads have accessible connectors?
Where can I buy the male connectors compatible with the female connectors already installed in order to manufacture the harness?

As I don't want to add rear dash speakers, I might as well use the 4 amplifier channels with the second diagram and use the gain settings to balance the levels. What is your opinion ?
The best place for the Alpine amplifier would be under the center console?
Do the dash tweeters have accessible connectors?
Do the overheads have accessible connectors?
Where can I buy the male connectors compatible with the female connectors already installed in order to manufacture the harness?
Splitting the tweeter and overhead speakers is something you could try if you wanted separate gain control. It’s not necessary in my opinion.

I place the Alpine amp behind the right rear seat side bolster.

The door tweeters haven’t had accessible connectors since the 2021 models were released. Posi-taps are required.

The overhead speakers have a connector accessible in the drivers side footwell.

I purchase the connectors from Hansshow.

Splitting the tweeter and overhead speakers is something you could try if you wanted separate gain control. It’s not necessary in my opinion.

If, like you, I mount the door tweeters and the overload in parallel on one channel of the amplifier; what will the other two channels be used for (I don't want to add rear dash speakers).

Are the overload tweeters wired to the SR and the wires accessible below the dashboard?

To reduce the cost of the upgarde, I could not install the Alpine amplifier and only connect the door twetters in parallel to the dashboard speakers, leaving the overheads mute.

The OEM amplifier that powers the dashboard speakers will be a little more loaded because the impedance decreases. Will the result be equivalent to the solution with Alpine? I guess you have already tested these two possibilities

If, like you, I mount the door tweeters and the overload in parallel on one channel of the amplifier; what will the other two channels be used for (I don't want to add rear dash speakers).

Are the overload tweeters wired to the SR and the wires accessible below the dashboard?

To reduce the cost of the upgarde, I could not install the Alpine amplifier and only connect the door twetters in parallel to the dashboard speakers, leaving the overheads mute.

The OEM amplifier that powers the dashboard speakers will be a little more loaded because the impedance decreases. Will the result be equivalent to the solution with Alpine? I guess you have already tested these two possibilities
The rear channels of the Alpine amp wouldn’t be used for anything in that case.

The overhead tweeters are wired but not connected to any amplifier. They can be accessed via a connector in the driver’s footwell.

I don’t recommend connecting any extra speakers directly to the OEM amplifier as it is part of the main computer and expensive to replace should an issue arise. The Alpine amp is relatively inexpensive.

I understood the interest of not connecting the additional speakers to the OEM amplifier. Very good remark!

The Alpine amplifier is therefore uncontrollable, but isn't it better to wire the overloads to the remaining channels rather than leaving them free?
Is it an operation which costs 2 additional bass blockers and which offers the possibility of adjusting the levels between the tweeters? Do you see a downside to this solution?

I understood the interest of not connecting the additional speakers to the OEM amplifier. Very good remark!

The Alpine amplifier is therefore uncontrollable, but isn't it better to wire the overloads to the remaining channels rather than leaving them free?
Is it an operation which costs 2 additional bass blockers and which offers the possibility of adjusting the levels between the tweeters? Do you see a downside to this solution?
I don’t find it necessary to have different gain levels between the 2 speakers. I find the extra speakers sound balanced to the rest of the system with only a minor increase of gain. I don’t see a downside, just not necessary to get the same sound.

Really hard to find the info I search. I HOT A 2020 premium F kit, but I do have a 2021 model. I miss the two front door speaker near the mirror and would like to find a way to connect them.

I dont't think I have the two bare wire speaker cable with the kit. But im not the one that as installed it. I' willing to do this job myself as It must me simple and not that much of work as per video I see. BUT i cant figure de difference between harness.

Is it possible to connect those speaker with the harness I have?