Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow F9 9 inch display with camera and air vents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure, here you go! The OS and CAN versions are the same. The MCU version is 2023. Someone mentioned in the previous comments that updating their MCU fixed the CarPlay problem. I'll check for that.
Exactly. Hopefully your fix is as simple as flashing the MCU that can fix your problem.

I found this post which someone posted some MCU update files.

Even I tried so much, and I was about to give up. Finally, I clicked on the update button, which brought up a pop-up message with "download" or "NO" options. Navigate to "NO" with your right scroll button and then follow the instructions suggested by others: "Scroll to highlight the 'NO' (instead of 'update') button under OTA upgrade. On the right scroll wheel, click right and hold. After a few seconds, a pop-up appears with the build number of the various components." Let me know if you still face issues, I'll give it a try again.
Just to confirm that when you scroll to the "NO" option, do you then hold the right scroll wheel to the "3 o'clock" position to show the firmware version number screen?

1716497253165.png

Exactly. Hopefully your fix is as simple as flashing the MCU that can fix your problem.

I found this post which someone posted some MCU update files.

Just to confirm that when you scroll to the "NO" option, do you then hold the right scroll wheel to the "3 o'clock" position to show the firmware version number screen?

View attachment 1049911

I tried flashing both 1053 and 1056. The 1056 gave an invalid error, and the CarPlay error wasn't fixed with 1053. People have mentioned that the update gets stuck at 81% and to restart the device. I did that, but now I'm going to wait an hour or so and see if anything changes. Regarding getting the firmware version number, it's so frustrating! I've tried the same thing 50 times or so, and it's only worked twice :(

Sure, here you go! The OS and CAN versions are the same. The MCU version is 2023. Someone mentioned in the previous comments that updating their MCU fixed the CarPlay problem. I'll check for that.
I have 10.25 Inch Hansshow screen that has been freezing constantly. I reached out to support they provided me 3 different software versions and 2 different MCU same results. I am at the point where I am beyond frustrated I just get frozen screen when driving and drives me crazy.
Considering replacing it with this unit.

Can you guys chime in on reliability of the Hansshow F9-C Display reliability ? Does software crash while driving and reboot? How about boot up time?
Which model is better choice the lesser priced Linux or Android System?

Attachments

• H10-25.jpg
    H10-25.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 7
I have 10.25 Inch Hansshow screen that has been freezing constantly. I reached out to support they provided me 3 different software versions and 2 different MCU same results. I am at the point where I am beyond frustrated I just get frozen screen when driving and drives me crazy.

Can you guys chime in on reliability of the Hansshow F9-C Display reliability ? Does software crash while driving and reboot? How about boot up time?
Edit support supplied new software and MCO. They shipping a new harness cable as well.

Yep. What I’ve noticed is if I get in the car and put it straight into drive. It will come up black and white. If I put in in reverse and then into drive, it shows full colour. Hoping to get an update to fix but still no response from hannsshow
Finally got a response from Hannshow and they have sent me version 240411 update. Will test and upload for anyone who may need. This is for the Linux f9 version
So I finally got the F9 display and installed it without knowing which firmware built it has and I see what you are talking about when you say you get the black and white screen on the initial boot up. I saw some QR code which leads me to believe I have a late Feb 2024 build so hopefully.

Can you confirm if the 240411 build fixes the camera issue? If it does can you provide the 240411 linux build firmware file?

When you try the front camera you'll see what I mean. But I am usually in Carplay so if I have maps up and I need to see the directions right away it is annoying. And I also forgot to mention that the front camera goes away automatically at 20mph. 20mph is pretty fast to get up to when you're in a parking lot situation. You could also press the right wheel leftward to get out of the camera but then it brings you back the HUD rather than Carplay. And for those who are OCD it by pressing the right wheel leftward it also increases the tesla following distance for autopilot at the same time.

So again it would just be great to have them remove front camera activation upon going into D. It literally does not need to activate going into D.

The FY9 is cool but I really dont like the overall look of it. I think the speaker holes in the front make it look really tacky and not OEM. But again just my opinion. And yes the stupid diffuser air redirect thing was a joke and honestly make the airflow worse than without it my opinion. And you could move the steering wheel down but I think you're going to find there really is only one optimal spot you can adjust your steering wheel to so you don't cut off any parts of the F9 display by the steering wheel. Luckily I didn't have to adjust much actually once I got the screen. But some people who like the steering very high or low might have to adjust.

I'll find time later to post the firmware and you are correct it's for the Linux version. I bought mine from "For Your Car And Moto Store" but again it doesn't matter who honestly. I think they all have the contact for the main manufacturer and can ask them for new firmwares.
How is the 20240429 build working out for you? Did it resolve some of the issues that you were looking for?

I installed the F9 display and am getting the black and white camera issue on first use when waking up the car as seen in the picture below. If you exit out of the front camera view and open it again the color then displays. Hopefully this 20240429 build fixes and can you confirm that? I am still running on the 20240401 build that either it updated to via OTA update or it was the stock firmware that it shipped with. Couldn't consistently find a way to trigger the firmware version window. I only got it to show up once and took a snapshot of it.

If you have a chance, can you upload the 20240429 firmware build?

1716944944879.png

I don't know what additional benefits you get with the Android system but for driving I think the Linux version is fine because all you really need is Carplay/AA and the default theme UI if the reason why you got the front display. I guess someone can argue and say that having the Android version allows you to sideload apps like maybe Youtube or something else but I don't see the purpose of it. I still would use my phone to bluetooth any music/youtube audio via my phone which serves the same purpose.

I haven't had the F9-C display for that long but it seems to be pretty reliable I think. Certainly there can be firmware fixes to fix some things. The boot time is really quick like maybe 7-10 seconds. I haven't read as a major issue that the F9-C display constantly reboots.

@Panthers1
i do not recommend the F9, very low performance
converse i think 10.25 is the best one.
only bad is 12v power cable .
if the 10.25 can use the 12v power like F9, i will setup the 10.25!
I took a look at the 10.25 inch display installation and it is a complete nightmare having to hook up so many cables and to the battery. Not to mention the cost of the unit is insanely overpriced even on Aliexpress. I personally think the 10.25 inch UI looks crappy compared to the F9 9 inch display which one of the themes looks more stock Tesla.

Last edited:
I don't know what additional benefits you get with the Android system but for driving I think the Linux version is fine because all you really need is Carplay/AA and the default theme UI if the reason why you got the front display. I guess someone can argue and say that having the Android version allows you to sideload apps like maybe Youtube or something else but I don't see the purpose of it. I still would use my phone to bluetooth any music/youtube audio via my phone which serves the same purpose.

I haven't had the F9-C display for that long but it seems to be pretty reliable I think. Certainly there can be firmware fixes to fix some things. The boot time is really quick like maybe 7-10 seconds. I haven't read as a major issue that the F9-C display constantly reboots.

I took a look at the 10.25 inch display installation and it is a complete nightmare having to hook up so many cables and to the battery. Not to mention the cost of the unit is insanely overpriced even on Aliexpress. I personally think the 10.25 inch UI looks crappy compared to the F9 9 inch display which one of the themes looks more stock Tesla.
yes, if you choose the sample display , AA ro carplay is enough.
but the AA operation is very slow. so many navi app can run in the android system but not in AA,
change address is so hard by my hand.... ofcourse AA on the driving the phone can not use too.
i do like AA or Carplay, Waste too many battery, and wifi + BT connect take you phone so hot....

yes, if you choose the sample display , AA ro carplay is enough.
but the AA operation is very slow. so many navi app can run in the android system but not in AA,
change address is so hard by my hand.... ofcourse AA on the driving the phone can not use too.
i do like AA or Carplay, Waste too many battery, and wifi + BT connect take you phone so hot....
Well to be fair you are suppose to setup your destination on Google Maps before you start driving and should not be changing the destination while you are driving. It is suppose to be mirroring what your phone has already. I mean I honestly prefer the default UI screen on the F9 and only use AA/Carplay on road trips. The Tesla navigation is sufficient enough already unless you just want to browse the traffic.

Reactions: yyyl
I noticed the blind spot red light indicator warning when switching lanes is not working with the current firmware version.

Can anyone confirm if the blind spot red light indicator is working on their F9 display? If so which firmware version are you on that is working. I posted my firmware version that I was somehow able to get flashing once so far. I might need to flash to a Hansshow firmware file to 20240110 or the 20240401 to the display to see if it fixes this problem.

1717037719444.png

Last edited:
I reached to Hansshow on Whatsapp and they sent me the 20240515 Linux build. Here is the firmware file for download that I just flashed into my display.

Linux (Carplay version) 20240515 build = 8.9文件二软件240515update.zip

The great thing about this Linux firmware build is that the version info screen is consistently available under the "Update" button screen as seen in the screenshot below. No need to hold the right scroll wheel button anymore and keep repeating the steps in hopes to get the version info. Seems to be fairly consistent.

I was running the 20240401 build and one thing that was fixed in this 20240515 build is the black and white front camera appearance on the first use which was annoying. Now the front camera shows up in color on first use. I guess one thing I also noticed is that the "Plaid screen" option went away which I didn't care about anyways.

1717049275635.png

Last edited:
I reached to Hansshow on Whatsapp and they sent me the 20240515 Linux build. Here is the firmware file for download.

Linux (Carplay version) 20240515 build = 8.9文件二软件240515update.zip

The great thing about this Linux firmware build is that the version info is consistently available under the Update screen as seen in the screenshot below. No need to hold the right scroll wheel button anymore and hope to get the version info.

I was running the 20240401 build and one thing that was fixed in this 20240515 build is the black and white front camera appearance on the first use which was annoying. Now the front camera shows up in color on first use
Thanks mate! It’s asking for access to download the firmware. Are you able to post the actual firmware here pls?