Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow F9 9 inch display with camera and air vents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone figured out yet how to find the version info?

Really frustrating that this isn't in an obviously spot. Otherwise how do I know if an OTA update is an actual update.

I recall when tried the OTA update in the past it would just let you keep on "updating" but it just applies the same patch over and over again.

Wouldn't be a huge issue so to say if it knew it was on the newest version and would just not display the OTA update.

Has anyone figured out yet how to find the version info?

Really frustrating that this isn't in an obviously spot. Otherwise how do I know if an OTA update is an actual update.

I recall when tried the OTA update in the past it would just let you keep on "updating" but it just applies the same patch over and over again.

Wouldn't be a huge issue so to say if it knew it was on the newest version and would just not display the OTA update.
It was hit and miss for me, but if you click on the ota upgrade, when it shows you the screen to select download. Hold down the left wheel button (like you are rewinding music track) for a few seconds and version info should show

I received the F9 unit recently and started to install it yesterday. I have a 2021 M3 with Intel CPU. My car does have the blue and white connectors like the instructions for the AMD cars, but I also have the gray connector on the MCU computer. It is a refresh model with the new center console and blacked out trim, etc. I installed the harness on the MCU since I have Intel, and the unit does not work correctly. It boots up and I get data from the car like SoC and door open indicators etc., but when I tap on 'settings' on the screen, the settings menu comes up for about 2 seconds and then dismisses. I cannot select anything. If I put the car in Drive, I never get the speedometer display. The steering wheel controls work, but anything I bring up dismisses in 2 seconds. For instance, the front camera view starts to come up, but then quits after 2 seconds and goes back to the home screen showing the car in the middle. Noting works properly. I tried rebooting the unit, replugging in all connectors, restarting MCU, etc. No changes.

I then unplugged the gray MCU connector and tried the AMD side of the harness on the blue and white connectors. The screen powers on and I get some data from the car like SoC and odometer, same information and behavior from the MCU connector. Settings dismiss, no speedometer, front camera quits after 2 seconds, same exact behavior.

If I leave the blue connector disconnected and just have the white AMD one plugged it and I replug the white and black connectors on the screen, it will power up and I can navigate the settings menu without it dismissing, but have no car data. I tried the OTA update which 'worked'. I say this because I did get a % update indicator and it rebooted after 100% (also no change in behavior with the blue connector attached, same issue with settings and everything). But I tried the OTA update again and it showed the same progress % indicator and rebooted. I think the OTA is fake and is not doing anything. There is no version number of the software anywhere I can tell.

So, I am not sure if my unit is faulty or the harness, or what. I emailed and texted support, but have not heard back. As it is now, it is not usable. did you end up connecting for everything to work properly?
what wires did you use for everything to work properly?

Here is the update Hansshow sent me this morning for the Android version. 8.9å®å软件240401update.zip
Im glad you specified the version between Linux and Android. I downloaded this April Android build file and used a file comparison tool and compared it to the April 1 Linux build file provided by @rousseau and the binaries didn't match even though the file size is the same. So somehow there has to be something slightly unique about it.

Im glad you specified the version between Linux and Android. I downloaded this April Android build file and used a file comparison tool and compared it to the April 1 Linux build file provided by @rousseau and the binaries didn't match even though the file size is the same. So somehow there has to be something slightly unique about it.
I would imagine there's quite a bit of differences, or uniqueness, between them. One is running an Android OS with apps support. I imagine a Linux subsystem is quite a bit 'simpler' than Android, hence the cost difference. If it wasn't for the Android version's SIM card support, I wouldve saved money and just gone for the Linux version.

Has anyone managed to get a more up to date firmware version for the f9 Linux system? I currently have the April 01 version installed and having issues with the camera showing the picture in black and white. Have WhatsApp Hannshow and it’s been a week without a reply 🙁
which file did you download? Did you flash the linux version of the April 1 update or the android version of the April 1 update? Make sure you are flashing the right file.

Have you tried this file for the Linux version for the April 1

Have you tried enabling the OTA feature to see if there is a new update?

which file did you download? Did you flash the linux version of the April 1 update or the android version of the April 1 update? Make sure you are flashing the right file.

Have you tried this file for the Linux version for the April 1

Have you tried enabling the OTA feature to see if there is a new update?
Yes, that’s the Linux version I’ve currently got installed.

Haven’t been able to get OTA feature to work. Followed the instructions of naming the hotspot car and password 1234567, etc.

Version number attached for reference

Attachments

• IMG_0697.jpeg
    IMG_0697.jpeg
    197.9 KB · Views: 2
Yes, that’s the Linux version I’ve currently got installed.

Haven’t been able to get OTA feature to work. Followed the instructions of naming the hotspot car and password 1234567, etc.

Version number attached for reference
wait what does your hotspot name in your settings say? Does it say "car". Sometimes it can be set to "tlink" as the SSID needed but it should match what your particular device shows. I am sure also you have to disable any sort of security for the hotspot setting to "None".

Btw how do you get the version number to display in your attachment? What is the button sequence you need to press in Settings?

When they say this product has OTA it is a lie. These chinese companies will not host a file server to make OTA work. That is why we need to keep getting files directly and update via USB. Even when I knew an update should be available I was able to connect the unit to wifi and do an "OTA" update but it just updates to the same version you're already on.

And stop buying products from bullshit companies like Hansshow. They are nothing but drop shippers and get the products from the same chinese vendors. They just did a great job with marketing and giving free products to all those stupid youtubers who promote their products no matter what with affiliate links. They just got big enough to make the vendors put on custom logos to make it seem like they built the product and make firmware for it...they don't.

Buy it cheaper directly from alibaba or aliexpress and ask the vendors for firmware updates and they will provide it just like hansshow but I'll get the firmware without the stupid ass Hansshow logos built in.

When they say this product has OTA it is a lie. These chinese companies will not host a file server to make OTA work. That is why we need to keep getting files directly and update via USB. Even when I knew an update should be available I was able to connect the unit to wifi and do an "OTA" update but it just updates to the same version you're already on.

And stop buying products from bullshit companies like Hansshow. They are nothing but drop shippers and get the products from the same chinese vendors. They just did a great job with marketing and giving free products to all those stupid youtubers who promote their products no matter what with affiliate links. They just got big enough to make the vendors put on custom logos to make it seem like they built the product and make firmware for it...they don't.

Buy it cheaper directly from alibaba or aliexpress and ask the vendors for firmware updates and they will provide it just like hansshow but I'll get the firmware without the stupid ass Hansshow logos built in.
Which aliexpress vendors have the firmware update files?

I feel like almost all of them. Even when I had the older model front and rear screen I would ask them to ask the manufacturer for the newest firmware and they would provide it. And again they provided the firmware that didn't have the shitty hansshow logo on it. It was just the stock one which was more generic.
I tried checking with 2 Aliexpress resellers of this display and neither one of them have the firmware file for the F9 display. Not sure where this near 100% success that you are talking about at least for this display.