Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Mini dash display 5.16"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used both ui1 and ui2, autopilot blue light does work. However, I noticed it‘s not in sequence with main 15’ display. But it does starts flashing blue
Even the video showed that they are not in sequence and that surprisingly the mini display got the blue warning light earlier than the 15" display. Sounds like they might have fixed the autopilot blue light for UI2? What about UI3....does it work with the autopilot blue light?

Are your settings, CAN2 and UI1/UI2?

Even the video showed that they are not in sequence and that surprisingly the mini display got the blue warning light earlier than the 15" display. Sounds like they might have fixed the autopilot blue light for UI2? What about UI3....does it work with the autopilot blue light?

Are your settings, CAN2 and UI1/UI2?
I have driven on AP with UI3, I will on the next drive. Setting are CAN 2 on all UI’s

I and some other german users of the 5.16“ display are searching for a download of „Tsl32_V3..0230407,1,4“ too. Hansshow seems to deliver newer FW with fresh ordered displays but forget to update the download of this FW at the own home page.
It doesn't seem like Hansshow offers the firmware update files on every single update. Hopefully Hansshow continues to update the firmware and can release the next firmware version post 0230407.

Hansshow did release a new version of their firmware on their site.

They have two different links on their product page:
  • First link says "Software file: Click Here". This points to the latest App version:
    • App: Tsl32_V3.0.230423 (April 23, 2023)
  • Second link says "Software for autopilot assistant driving blue bar upgrade: Click Here". This points to two updates:
    • App: Tsl32_V3.0.230330 (March 30, 2023)
    • CAN: Tsl_V210.3.E3.01
I did the update in the second link first, since it updated both App and CAN. I then did the update in the first link, which updated App to the latest.

Some quick observations:
  • Speed now says "MPH" instead of "MP/H"
  • UI3 has been added!
  • The speed bubble in UI2 has shifted to the right instead of being centered
UI3:
20230427_114542.jpg

Hansshow did release a new version of their firmware on their site.

They have two different links on their product page:
  • First link says "Software file: Click Here". This points to the latest App version:
    • App: Tsl32_V3.0.230423 (April 23, 2023)
  • Second link says "Software for autopilot assistant driving blue bar upgrade: Click Here". This points to two updates:
    • App: Tsl32_V3.0.230330 (March 30, 2023)
    • CAN: Tsl_V210.3.E3.01
I did the update in the second link first, since it updated both App and CAN. I then did the update in the first link, which updated App to the latest.

Some quick observations:
  • Speed now says "MPH" instead of "MP/H"
  • UI3 has been added!
  • The speed bubble in UI2 has shifted to the right instead of being centered
UI3:
View attachment 932672
Good find. I wish they would clean up the software page and not make it direct links but just a directory with latest and past software updates.

Officially the readme file says the following but I think it is a typo where they say UI2.
Version Tsl32_V3.0.230423
Update:
Add the UI2 theme and Autopilot driving reminder function

I think they meant to say Add the UI3 theme and Autopilot driving reminder function.

Some quick observations to add to your list:
  • Speed now says "MPH" instead of "MP/H" Confirmed. It also now says KPH instead of KP/H.
  • UI3 has been added! Confirmed
  • The speed bubble in UI2 has shifted to the right instead of being centered Haven't really used UI2 so I don't know what it used to look like.
  • The time estimation in the upper left corner is off in all UIs. After I installed the firmware update it was around 11:35 AM on my Tesla display but the 5.16 inch display showed 1:35 AM in 12H format and 1:35 in 24H format. Its like they take 1 step forward 2 steps backwards. Even in your screenshot it looks like you did your firmware update at night but yet your time says 11:45 AM which seems off.

Last edited:
Good find. I wish they would clean up the software page and not make it direct links but just a directory with latest and past software updates.

Officially the readme file says the following but I think it is a typo where they say UI2.
Update:

I think they meant to say Add the UI3 theme and Autopilot driving reminder function.

• Speed now says "MPH" instead of "MP/H" Confirmed. It also now says KPH instead of KP/H.
  • The speed bubble in UI2 has shifted to the right instead of being centered Haven't really used UI2 so I don't know what it used to look like.
  • The time estimation in the upper left corner is off in all UIs. After I installed the firmware update it was around 11:35 AM on my Tesla display but the 5.16 inch display showed 1:35 AM in 12H format and 1:35 in 24H format. Its like they take 1 step forward 2 steps backwards. Even in your screenshot it looks like you did your firmware update at night but yet your time says 11:45 AM which seems off.
Thanks for checking it out and confirming!

After I updated the firmware, all the settings reset to their default values, including the timezone. Once I fix the timezone, the time showed up correctly. I was inside a dark garage - the clock did show the correct time.

Thanks for checking it out and confirming!

After I updated the firmware, all the settings reset to their default values, including the timezone. Once I fix the timezone, the time showed up correctly. I was inside a dark garage - the clock did show the correct time.
Oh crap. I realized I had +7 GMT hours and not -7 GMT hours. DOH!!!

Last edited:

Update:

Oh crap I realized I probably had my time on +7 GMT instead of -7 GMT hours. Everyone false alarm and please ignore my blue bullet.

Last edited:
Thank you for the in-depth testing for both UI1 and UI2. Glad to see the blue bar works on UI1. I think you should submit your video to Hansshow to see if they can provide another firmware update to show the blue bar for UI2. It doesn't make sense why the blue bar can only be displayed on UI1 and not on UI2. I wonder if its relying on the CAN interface with that and whether newer M3 and MY that use the CAN interface have the problem fixed for both UI1 and UI2.

Did the regen bar work before or both UI's or is that something new as well in this latest firmware? Personally I think I am most likely going to stick with UI1 since I like the autopilot lane lines but I do want to see both UI's work with the blue bar regardless of preference so that it suits everybody.
This video was actually made just for Hansshow, but I thought I would share with everyone so they know what to expect.
I hope they fix UI2 fully, but I'm not holding my breath at this point...

I'm pretty sure the regen bars were working before this update.