Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow premium audio upgrade for 2023 M3SR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update:i will have it Wednesday per the current tracking…hope to be able to install that afternoon/evening. Would be nice to have it tomorrow lol as temps will drop wed here lol…i did check and can enter service mode so If i piss off window calibration i can recalibrate…as thats why the teslaoffer one doesnt have you pull the block.
the teslaoffer one scares me that it just hard wire’s the 2 small speakers to the same exact line as the biggerones. On left and right where the Han show uses a dap to split the speakers out

Reactions: illson
OK yall so the moment has arrived it has been recieved and i verified the pinouts all match and connectors all connect…

First off one negative i have found for it is the Turnsignal clicks are 2-3x louder it seems (could be my imagination)

But it all works GREAT i will never be able to go back lol…it’s amazing the difference it makes.

Just note if you have large hands like i do (i have to order 2xl gloves) it can be a challenge to get it connected to the computer port (took me about 20 attempts 5-6 cuss words and contemplating calling a mechanic friend to help…but i finally got it in In my own…

i will Also note i did not disconnect the 12v battery (looked but couldn’t find an obvious 12v + terminal found out afterwards its not as obvious as i was expecting(
) nor did i disconnect the HV pack but i did go under safety and shut the car down. Once i pulled the big block i had to shut it down again…once i got everything installed it came back up by pressing the break peddle and worked perfectly I went ahead and recalibrated the windows anyways but all worked as expected Before i did that.

PS: I also checked while i had the bottom off. the port is still there on the computer to allow for USB in the Center console that may be an upgrade i do next…I was worried they may have removed the port from the computer to save another USB chip but it appears they didnt.

Note i connected Computer, seatbelt connector then the big block) i bought the DIY 2022 LHD 106 usd currently it is not the “new” version i wanted the signal processor/frequency divider i like this one as if in the future i need to restore it i can by just disconnecting the blocks and no wires where damaged unlike the Teslaoffer one where it has to tap into a wire that could damage it in theory

it took me about 45 mins to install would have been under 30 had my hands been smaller…

Last edited:
OK yall so the moment has arrived it has been recieved and i verified the pinouts all match and connectors all connect…

First off one negative i have found for it is the Turnsignal clicks are 2-3x louder it seems (could be my imagination)

But it all works GREAT i will never be able to go back lol…it’s amazing the difference it makes.

Just note if you have large hands like i do (i have to order 2xl gloves) it can be a challenge to get it connected to the computer port (took me about 20 attempts 5-6 cuss words and contemplating calling a mechanic friend to help…but i finally got it in In my own…

i will Also note i did not disconnect the 12v battery (looked but couldn’t find an obvious 12v + terminal found out afterwards its not as obvious as i was expecting(
) nor did i disconnect the HV pack but i did go under safety and shut the car down. Once i pulled the big block i had to shut it down again…once i got everything installed it came back up by pressing the break peddle and worked perfectly I went ahead and recalibrated the windows anyways but all worked as expected Before i did that.

PS: I also checked while i had the bottom off. the port is still there on the computer to allow for USB in the Center console that may be an upgrade i do next…I was worried they may have removed the port from the computer to save another USB chip but it appears they didnt.

Note i connected Computer, seatbelt connector then the big block) i bought the DIY 2022 LHD 106 usd currently it is not the “new” version i wanted the signal processor/frequency divider i like this one as if in the future i need to restore it i can by just disconnecting the blocks and no wires where damaged unlike the Teslaoffer one where it has to tap into a wire that could damage it in theory

it took me about 45 mins to install would have been under 30 had my hands been smaller…
When you say that "the pinouts all match and connectors all connect"

Do you mean that this unit is 100% plug into the OEM connections and no splicing, no hunting for power connections etc?
Just unplug the OEM connections and plug these in?

When you say that "the pinouts all match and connectors all connect"

Do you mean that this unit is 100% plug into the OEM connections and no splicing, no hunting for power connections etc?
Just unplug the OEM connections and plug these in?
Yep unplug the oem plug this in then the oem plugs into the other end. Its like a 6-7” extension

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Randy-12
Can anyone verify that the turn signal clicks are louder after audio upgrade?
yeah, i noticed that too lol i thought i may have been crazy though as well i only had it for less than 24 days and was out of town without it for 10 of those days...i don't mind it too much as i know i won't leave it on too long then LOL.

i think it all has to do with the fact it uses the left speaker for that so it puts the click on the other 2 smaller speakers.

My DIY kit just arrived. I think I got the one for RHD as the wire between the computer connection and the one in the side wall is about 5 feet or so long instead of a foot.

I hope there is room up there to hide that bundle of wires!

My DIY kit just arrived. I think I got the one for RHD as the wire between the computer connection and the one in the side wall is about 5 feet or so long instead of a foot.

I hope there is room up there to hide that bundle of wires!
Mine seemed a bit long too (not sure if its 5 ft but either way all fit up there with Room to spare. I can check tomorrow i will be installing my tparts usb ports and cable tomorrow

I just ordered the kit with the dap for the front 4 speakers. Will have it in ~ 1-2 weeks (ships from China) will 100% post the results.
You convinced me to try it out. Ordered the new DIY for the AMD.
Did you order the DIY or the DIY (New version)? I am still on the fence because idk which one exactly to get and what the difference are.

Reactions: RichAZ/CapeCod
I ordreed the DYI with the detachablue box. The i presume older DIY…I can confirm i guess i got the RHD one too the cable between the wall and the computer when stretched out reaches past my center console when connected but i have then all zip tied up now…and hooked up the Tparts USB ports with data for my center console

I ordreed the DYI with the detachablue box. The i presume older DIY…I can confirm i guess i got the RHD one too the cable between the wall and the computer when stretched out reaches past my center console when connected but i have then all zip tied up now…and hooked up the Tparts USB ports with data for my center console
This one, correct?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-22 at 2.04.14 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-22 at 2.04.14 PM.png
    597.4 KB · Views: 639