I ordered the EVOffer (Tesla Offer) Frunk and Tailgate kits. The order arrived crazy-fast. Ordered on a Friday before lunch, the tracking said it left Hong Kong that night, and arrived in Cincinnati, Ohio on Saturday around Midnight. It arrived at my house on Tuesday afternoon.
I was able to install the Frunk kit in about 2.5 hours. I could have done it in 90 minutes, but spent 30 minutes when I couldn't figure out how to install the manual trunk release loop. On my Model 3, the "tow hole" has no wires, and there is foam between the bumper plastic and the metal bumper frame. I gave up trying to find a way to thread the loop through. I also spent another 30 minutes going back and forth to review the install videos. And after "cleaning up" the wiring, decided I didn't like the job I did, so I cut all the ties and re-did it.
Another shout-out to @tlr1000 and others for answering questions!
...and there is foam between the bumper plastic and the metal bumper frame. I gave up trying to find a way to thread the loop through...
Rear view was working on the drive to the shop and when evfixme reversed it into their work area. It was the recent one hour of dashcam footage that didn’t have the rear camera view. Previous footage, prior to dropping car off at Evfixme, have all cameras present.Given the kit has no interaction with the cameras at all I would imagine one of the wires that is in the loom that goes up into the trunk has been severed. It’s a tight fit in there to pull the wires for the kit up, and the existing wires that are there are very thin (24awg).
That being said if even recent sentry/dashcam doesn’t show it then it would suggest it’s been broken for a while? Recordings don’t need the cameras to be present to work, of course.
Sorry to say that this sounds like an installation fail
The issue got worse this morning.@shimmy, I'm with @Durzel on this one. Therefore, very unlikely this would be fixed via software updates. The kit has no interaction whatsoever other than running wiring up a common channel (the silicone cable conduit) as the rear camera wire. It's possible they may have disturbed the camera cable enough that the link is not completely broken but loose. Did Evfixme use a cable lubricant when running the wire through the conduit?
Rear view was working on the drive to the shop and when evfixme reversed it into their work area. It was the recent one hour of dashcam footage that didn’t have the rear camera view. Previous footage, prior to dropping car off at Evfixme, have all cameras present.
You are aligned with evfixme on that hypothesis, however. Evfixme thought it was a cable that was snipped and was going to get a replacement, but after doing a full power down of the car (unplugging power under rear seat) the backup came back initially after boot up, but then went away a short time later and never came back. So it was deemed a software issue. We even attempted a code reload of the Tesla update. No luck unfortunately.
Still waiting on evfixme to reach out with a fix maybe after hearing back from the vendor.
Did you use tube lube because we just installed another car the other day and glided up quick and smoothly with the fish wire. If you don't know what tube lube is, refer to Hansshow vs Tesla Offer Power Frunk/Trunk - which one to buy?I got around to installing the Tesla Offer (EV Offer) mark 2.5 trunk kit yesterday. All I can say is eff trying to pull the wire thru the rubber tube from the trunk into the trunk lid.
The angle of the rubber boot near the trunk hinge is wayyy too sharp and makes it super hard to even run the fishing cable thru it. I struggled with it for so damn long, and even when I did manage to run the fishing cable thru, it was a heck of a time trying to pull the connector through.
Eventually, I gave up, and just slit the rubber boot on the rib portions only, which made it SOOOOO much easier to pull the wire thru, and didn't risk stretching the OEM Tesla wires/harness that are already in the rubber boot.
I taped it all back up with lots of electrical tape, and taped it all over with another layer of waterproof Flex tape to make sure water doesn't make it's way into the boot.
TLDR: Instead of trying to pull the wire thru the boot, I slit the boot to run the wire thru instead.