Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Happy Birthday to me... it's a P90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pete,
Congrats on the new ride and your birthday. We met at the supercharger in Mt. View yesterday.
Thanks for the Tesla tips - I hope you don't mind if I post a few photos of your beautiful P90D.

IMG_3806.JPG
IMG_3807.JPG
IMG_3808.JPG

Maybe we can borrow Moffett :)

There was/is one in Fremont, but I don't know if it is still open. The next is Sonoma I think. At least Fremont is closer a supercharger.

even better if you could get hold of a Vbox or similar as well to log the data so we could all see accurate acceleration data for comparison with other models.
(think someone on here said they could loan theirs?)

even better if you could get hold of a Vbox or similar as well to log the data so we could all see accurate acceleration data for comparison with other models.
(think someone on here said they could loan theirs?)

If someone in the Bay Area has one I can come to them. It'd be nice if there was a SC near by so I can charge to 100% before doing the test.

So far I have these items remaining:
- Better video of speedo since it was a crappy place to try
- Vbox
- More reactions

Are there any other requests? data, videos, etc

It would take some time but video of a supercharger session from <20% to >80% [edit: on a 120kw SPc without the paired stall being in use] would answer a lot of questions about the characteristics of the new batteries. It's encouraging to note that you're seeing a ~7.5% increase in range rather than the advertised 6%.

Last edited:
It would take some time but video of a supercharger session from <20% to >80% would answer a lot of questions about the characteristics of the new batteries. It's encouraging to note that you're seeing a ~7.5% increase in range rather than the advertised 6%.

Are there specific pieces I can share or would you need the whole thing? I can easily go run the battery down tonight and charge again, but the video would be quite large.

So I don't know if this means anything, but I've charged to 100% a few times, and I've seen some loss in rated mileage. I saw 273.9 last night and charging to 100% earlier today I saw 272.61

what is that knob left of the screen, underneath the vent? Haven't seen that before..

Magnetic phone holder
Amazon.com: #1 SMART Accessories

It's really really good. It will hold an iPhone with the leather case on in Ludicrous mode, and an iPad mini 3 without the case. I also put another one on the other side to hold the GoPro and the videos show it holds well. You can take the top disk off too to make it look a little cleaner when not being used.

Are there specific pieces I can share or would you need the whole thing? I can easily go run the battery down tonight and charge again, but the video would be quite large.

So I don't know if this means anything, but I've charged to 100% a few times, and I've seen some loss in rated mileage. I saw 273.9 last night and charging to 100% earlier today I saw 272.61

The whole thing would be needed but a time lapse would be ideal, the goal is to see how similar the taper looks to that of the existing 85kwh battery, if the 90kwh pack can support a 120kw rate all the way up to 50+% SoC this would be pretty big news and a significant reason to upgrade from a 85kwh pack (though that result is unlikely)

The whole thing would be needed but a time lapse would be ideal, the goal is to see how similar the taper looks to that of the existing 85kwh battery, if the 90kwh pack can support a 120kw rate all the way up to 50+% SoC this would be pretty big news and a significant reason to upgrade from a 85kwh pack (though that result is unlikely)

I'll give it a try then. I'm not sure what will happen, but as a backup would taking a photo every 1% or so provide useful information or does it need to be more frequent?

congrats on the P90D! take it somewhere safe a do a 0-120MPH blast, really curious to see how it performs above 60 MPH as that's where the P85D really struggles... I have many videos of my P85D that I can overlay to compare... send me a PM here or at [email protected]

thanks!

Do you know of any tracks in California that could support that and doing variable speed accelerations? An oval or retired airport? A video of it off a track is less than ideal for legal reasons.