Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Harvey

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

KarenRei

ᴉǝɹuǝɹɐʞ
Jul 18, 2017
Iceland
I'm surprised that there's not a Harvey thread for the disaster unfolding in Houston (I have family there). Just saw this picture and thought immediately of the forum:

ad8d3a7057916716d335d24a930e00ee09e301fed73e67d143013ab5eced4ee3.png

It's been crazy. I'm about 19 miles from downtown Houston. I'm OK so far, no damage to the house. Stuck in the neighborhood as the roads are flooded - my neighbor's SUV couldn't make it out, let alone my S2000.

I walked around a few hours ago and the flood control areas in the neighborhood are totally full. Another 2 feet of rain is forecasted through Wednesday, so there's a chance I'll end up with water in the house. Tornados are also of concern, this one hit 2-3 miles from my home.

• Informative
Reactions: Vern Padgett
I'm surprised that there's not a Harvey thread for the disaster unfolding in Houston (I have family there). Just saw this picture and thought immediately of the forum:
could the reason be that this is a forum directed to owners and people interested in Tesla?
I am fairly certain that there are many weather/news/texas web sites that are full of info regarding this storm.
last year when I had to evacuate my home using my Tesla to get out of harm's way because of hurricane Matthew this was the last site that I would have considered coming to for info on how that storm was impacting my area.

Okay, apparently this site isn't the right place to have a thread on topics related to the hurricane, including power status, supercharger status, road closures, anything pertaining to gas vs electricity in a disaster, and general hope / support for those trapped in one of the most significant ongoing natural disasters on the planet right now. In the subforum on the place where the disaster is taking place.

I guess it's easy to say "don't talk about it" when you live in Florida and have no family in Houston.

Okay, apparently this site isn't the right place to have a thread on topics related to the hurricane, including power status, supercharger status, road closures, anything pertaining to gas vs electricity in a disaster, and general hope / support for those trapped in one of the most significant ongoing natural disasters on the planet right now. In the subforum on the place where the disaster is taking place.

I guess it's easy to say "don't talk about it" when you live in Florida and have no family in Houston.
if someone has info on SpCs that are impacted that certainly would be useful however for things like road closures and up to date info, there are far better places for that sort of info, posting a pic of some gas station with issues certainly isn't really pertinent to what this site is for.

Reactions: X Fan
I think finding info about the possible closures of the SpCs is something that is difficult to find and is of importance to the people visiting here.
It is tragic what has happened there but for most of us who are nowhere near the affected area there isn't much that we on TMC could offer those people there other than words of comfort and hope for their well being

weather info for the affected area can be found here
Weather Maps
highway closures can be found here
https://drivetexas.org/#/5/29.192/-77.253?base=roadmap&future=false
if you want to send aid
Hurricane Harvey 2017: How to help victims of massive storm pounding Texas

• Informative

I can't speak for others, but I'm using other social media to stay in contact/informed. A few close friends in Victoria & Cuero (eye passed right over, they're still deluged) have been without power since yesterday, but still have cell service (and generators). I just never thought about talking about it here, since twitter is great for 'what's happening right now' and facebook is awesome for individual status updates. And one is texting me as his ranch has become impossible to leave due to downed trees. His house is on a small hill above a creek & animals are all on high ground.

Kort, discussing "possible supercharger closures" would be nice if that was the scale of the disaster we were talking about. Do you think the Channelview supercharger is running? It may well be underwater, given its location. Not clear whether Houston-North is underwater. The frontage road is closed due to flooding just a block north of it.... (I-45 itself appears to be open still, though)

Last edited: