Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Any P3D+ Owners Gotten Carbon Fiber Spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got mine today. They called to let me know it was ready on Tuesday and the mobile tech came by today to do the install.

I'm in Menlo Park, CA. The tech also told me that they were doing an install event at Tesla's Palo Alto HQ today with 2 techs doing spoiler installs all day long.

Here's what it looks like: spoiler & badge
Looks good! Didn’t know that they could install these at your house. Did they give you an option to bring it in or do mobile? I would much prefer mobile. How long did it take?

Looks like spoilers are showing up in China off the truck.

Tesla-Model-3-Europe.jpg

Tesla ramps up Model 3 deliveries in Europe, Elon Musk is there to supervise

What about us?

Last edited:
CF spoiler and badge installed today. It went pretty quickly and didn't take much time out of my day.

Observation: The spoiler I got looks like it's lifting at the edges. At least there's a gap between what's presumably some 3M tape at the spoiler that's visible on either end. It was like that when they put it on. I asked them about it and they said it's normal. The rest of the spoiler sits flush. This was the second spoiler they put on my car after the first spoiler didn't fit well. I've attached a picture below. How is everyone's install looking in this area?

And did anyone else have to Goo Gone their badge after placement? Mine had a good amount of adhesive on the letters.

IMG_20190209_201326.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Sg911
CF spoiler and badge installed today. It went pretty quickly and didn't take much time out of my day.

Observation: The spoiler I got looks like it's lifting at the edges. At least there's a gap between what's presumably some 3M tape at the spoiler that's visible on either end. It was like that when they put it on. I asked them about it and they said it's normal. The rest of the spoiler sits flush. This was the second spoiler they put on my car after the first spoiler didn't fit well. I've attached a picture below. How is everyone's install looking in this area?

And did anyone else have to Goo Gone their badge after placement? Mine had a good amount of adhesive on the letters.

View attachment 376015

I really wish I could run Teslas quality control concerning their service centers and such. Tesla needs people who love Tesla and not just workers working for them.

• Disagree
Reactions: Sg911 and Hawnboy
I really wish I could run Teslas quality control concerning their service centers and such. Tesla needs people who love Tesla and not just workers working for them.
I disagree. I have never encountered a Tesla employee that didn’t love Tesla but more the depth of their ability to execute, they’re r overworked , spread thin, and follow thru was weak...

• Funny
Reactions: voip-ninja
I disagree. I have never encountered a Tesla employee that didn’t love Tesla but more the depth of their ability to execute, they’re r overworked , spread thin, and follow thru was weak...

I have.

I have indeed.

I have found a few young people out here that just needed a job. They couldn't care less if they worked for GM...or Ford....or anything. They just need a job. I have seen the stereotypical 9-5 worker in a Tesla store here. 80%+ of the people there that I know attest to the fact that they don't make enough to be Tesla owners.

Fortunately I live in an area where I can see the desperation of unemployment and Tesla has one of their stores right in the midst - and I will be there in the morning for a service call @8:30am

You can disagree with the truth/fact, however it doesn't change it.

I have.

I have indeed.

I have found a few young people out here that just needed a job. They couldn't care less if they worked for GM...or Ford....or anything. They just need a job. I have seen the stereotypical 9-5 worker in a Tesla store here. 80%+ of the people there that I know attest to the fact that they don't make enough to be Tesla owners.

Fortunately I live in an area where I can see the desperation of unemployment and Tesla has one of their stores right in the midst - and I will be there in the morning for a service call @8:30am

Working at Tesla and not being able to afford one is reasons for motivation/inspiration, not laziness/resentment.

This is why America's influence is waning and we should be learning Mandarin to welcome our new overlords.

Working at Tesla and not being able to afford one is reasons for motivation/inspiration, not laziness/resentment.

This is why America's influence is waning and we should be learning Mandarin to welcome our new overlords.

And you are saying that to who?

Motivation/Inspiration?

Many people here might say that to own a Tesla is exclusive....and many have a sense of entitlement concerning owning a Tesla but unfortunately I'm not directing this conversation to their attention. Its a luxury and not a necessity or the norm to own such a car. Even $35k is a high price to a tremendous portion of our US population. I will respect whatever background and support anyone has had growing up to think that everything is possible, however when I heard the maintenance receptionist at Tesla say that working at Tesla allows her to feed/clothe/pay the rent for both her and her 2 kids - I'm not sure how if the opportunity to own such a vehicle as a Tesla would cross her mind.
Her sense of accomplishment comes in the daily form of being able to provide for her family "alone". She doesn't need a Tesla for inspiration or motivation. She is employed by Tesla and receives payment for her work provided so that her 2 motivations at home would be able to once in a while be able to go out to a restaurant or something.

She is not one in a million either as one of the Service Technicians at Tesla has a similar story. Its a job.

What I find lacking at this Tesla workplace is motivation by leadership. Motivation through appreciation. Motivation through concern about their employees. None of which would change the overall motivation that these individuals have after they get off work.... but motivation of accomplishment and true positive confirmation and thankfulness for jobs well done.

That kind of behavior would cost Tesla absolutely nothing as it would cost each person reading this NOTHING to do to someone today. It would be a win-win for everyone - both the giver and receiver.

Reactions: Jedi2155
I have.

I have indeed.

I understand yet it’s only an opinion in your area or in my area. I have been to maybe 9 TESLA SC in FL, NC, Cali, NY, and Washington state, and haven’t encountered that as you say. What says the community in their areas!? Surely , California is enthusiast central!

View attachment 376015
My factory installed spoiler has those same gaps at the ends.

• Informative
Reactions: Jaywlker and Mayhem