Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Any P3D+ Owners Gotten Carbon Fiber Spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated spoiler is also having issues sticking. I have a ceramic coating on the car so not sure if that has something to do with it. Detailing guys said it shouldn't matter.

Imgur (gif image of issue)
One of my detailers said it shouldn't matter as long as it's been a while and the surface is prepped with isopropyl alcohol, the other says you should polish the coating off before installing a spoiler. I'm going to be safe and polish that lip before I take mine in for spoiler install.

Round two looks a lot better. The badge was even off centered a bit and second mobile service guy corrected it.

873CC300-0525-4785-969E-4ACC9FDAE601.jpeg
8A2C9ED0-05E3-4335-8511-EC71431C9C57.jpeg
E3E8BBE4-D271-4A64-83ED-C52D7FC524E2.jpeg
229D820D-2BAD-4B38-B1AD-8A78B9243344.jpeg

Just wondering if anyone has gotten their spoiler on delivery or afterwards yet?

Came back in my head after seeing it at the autoshow a couple of weeks ago
I took delivery of my P3D+ on Oct 29th and I still haven't gotten it. I sent in messages with no reply. This is one my few complaints about Tesla. I guessing when i get my first scheduled service it will be installed...but i'm guessing. If anyone has gotten their, what did you do to get it?

My repair looks much better than the original: Imgur

Process for repairing:
1. Sprayed the old spoiler with goo gone to loosen up the adhesive. Let it set for about 10 minutes (he had to do some charge port work while he was here so did that while letting the goo gone stick)
2. Used a tool to slowly peel off the old spoiler while continuing to spray more goo gone.
3. We both cleaned up the little bit of remaining adhesive residue.
4. I machine polished the surface with both Menzerna Intensive Polish and Menzerna Final Polish to make sure we had a perfectly clean and wax/sealant free surface for applying the new spoiler.
5. Tech taped on the templates and then put tape on key spots on the spoiler (both ends and the middle) to line it up.
6. Positioned the spoiler and we both checked out the fit to make sure it was ok. He mentioned that they have gotten spoilers that didn't sit right (like my previous spoiler)
7. When we were happy with the positioning and fit he taped down the spoiler (to act as a guide for final install) and cut the tape.
8. Pulled spoiler off, removed backing tape, positioned it using tape as guides and then we pushed on separate sides of the spoiler to get it to adhere firmly.

He's asked that I apply heat every 2 hours or so today and repress to ensure firm adhesion. Also, won't be driving the car for 24 hours to allow it to fully cure. Overall it looks great now and is nice and flush on both sides. Will report back here if it happens to pop up.

Also, no idea how you do this with 1 person as having each of us tackle one side seemed to make a huge difference.