Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Any P3D+ Owners Gotten Carbon Fiber Spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoiler installed on Thursday still looking good. Today was first day driving it post install. Sitting flush with no edges coming up.

I like that it’s subtle from afar and blends in nicely with the silver. Up close it’s sporty but not cheesy looking.

0DA93CE8-0572-47D4-9920-D1AF1E85AB3E.jpeg

previously (25FEB) received inbox notice that
spoiler + dual badge were ready for install...

called san diego service center today to check
that they were in physical possession & to put
my VIN number on one for pickup on MON...

waited on hold, then a tech actually related
they hadn't received the shipment?!?

so rep stated 'I'm going to check into why you
got an invite to install, when we're not in possession?"

I offered that perhaps just finding the spoilers &
installing them would be time better spent!

so, just when it was thought the saga was over,
I'm finding another layer of deceit?

you can't be honest with your customers,
till your honest with yourselves!

previously (25FEB) received inbox notice that
spoiler + dual badge were ready for install...

called san diego service center today to check
that they were in physical possession & to put
my VIN number on one for pickup on MON...

waited on hold, then a tech actually related
they hadn't received the shipment?!?

so rep stated 'I'm going to check into why you
got an invite to install, when we're not in possession?"

I offered that perhaps just finding the spoilers &
installing them would be time better spent!

so, just when it was thought the saga was over,
I'm finding another layer of deceit?

you can't be honest with your customers,
till your honest with yourselves!

Wow. So you're saying I shouldn't expect to get mine installed next Wednesday?

Wow. So you're saying I shouldn't expect to get mine installed next Wednesday?

I am soo farking confused, unless your going anyway,
I'd call beforehand, there's as much a chance I didn't
get a straight answer from service center (off miramar)
as you did get a straight answer?

I've also been told I could have my spoiler mounted
on any model 3 of my choice, meaning a friends car,
yet others have been told 'not!'

it's getting to be like vegas, we keep betting, and
never get the payoff!

I am soo farking confused, unless your going anyway,
I'd call beforehand, there's as much a chance I didn't
get a straight answer from service center (off miramar)
as you did get a straight answer?

I've also been told I could have my spoiler mounted
on any model 3 of my choice, meaning a friends car,
yet others have been told 'not!'

it's getting to be like vegas, we keep betting, and
never get the payoff!

I scheduled an appointment at Miramar as a placeholder in case the spoiler came in, and for a couple of minor-ish things. So when I got the app notification on the 25th, I was stoked that I wouldn't have to wait very long.
I'll follow up on Monday morning.

I scheduled an appointment at Miramar as a placeholder in case the spoiler came in, and for a couple of minor-ish things. So when I got the app notification on the 25th, I was stoked that I wouldn't have to wait very long.
I'll follow up on Monday morning.

I too got the app inbox invite for spoiler...
I hope for the community, owners & corporation
that someone gave me bad juju and that
deliveries of spoiler are happening...

but horse *sugar* in the pile of hay,
doesn't mean we're getting a pony for xMAS!

good luck & please report back!

Got my appt for spoiler. Assuming the worst and that it willl be Mobile service's 1st install, what are the best methodolgy I can apply to get the best fitment?

2 Person install
decklid prep
masking or duct tape for 24 hr after to cure

anything else to avoid the reported fitment issues?

i tried having a mobile tech come out to replace mine and got this email:

I’m reaching out in regard to a mobile appointment you scheduled for a concern with the Model 3 spoiler. Unfortunately our mobile technicians are unable to resolve this issue in the field. The vehicle is going to need to come into a service center for further diagnosis and to determine a solution.

wtf?

Got my appt for spoiler. Assuming the worst and that it willl be Mobile service's 1st install, what are the best methodolgy I can apply to get the best fitment?

2 Person install
decklid prep
masking or duct tape for 24 hr after to cure

anything else to avoid the reported fitment issues?

- Dry fit first to make sure everything fits properly
- Use painter tapes to align the center and both corners
- Two person install would be best. Align center and both corners as you press the spoiler in

• Informative
Reactions: Daniel F and Mayhem
I’m patiently waiting my spoiler install, been waiting for months to see the car I ordered in it’s finished state. I ordered a solid black P3D+ because I thought the spoiler looked best on the SB car. Placed my order 7/3/18 and took delivery in October.

From the pictures I’ve seen various places online, the OEM spoiler looks great after install. But, I’m starting to get very nervous about these being properly engineered. Problems with the tape sticking have already been widely reported. If there is already a problem with these spoilers coming off due to adhesion, maybe this whole adhesive tape spoiler thing was bad engineering? Shouldn’t these be bolted on? With Tesla and specifically the Model 3 already being targeted by petty thieves (at least in the press), how many of these will be forcibly removed and sold on EBay? I’m just getting nervous about the longevity of this solution, will this spoiler stay on and in perfect position throughout the 4 seasons in WI year after year? How long will this typically adhere without falling off? This isn’t a cheap part, of it falls off during driving and you’re lucky enough to notice, and lucky enough no one following behind runs it over, and lucky enough it’s not damaged beyond repair, how much will we be charged to reattach it? I can’t recall any OEM accessory such as this, w this high of a cost, being applied with tape, especially to a car that’s been targeted by thieves (according to press reports).

I hope I am totally wrong about all of this, but from what I have seen, I am a little worried.

I’m patiently waiting my spoiler install, been waiting for months to see the car I ordered in it’s finished state. I ordered a solid black P3D+ because I thought the spoiler looked best on the SB car. Placed my order 7/3/18 and took delivery in October.

From the pictures I’ve seen various places online, the OEM spoiler looks great after install. But, I’m starting to get very nervous about these being properly engineered. Problems with the tape sticking have already been widely reported. If there is already a problem with these spoilers coming off due to adhesion, maybe this whole adhesive tape spoiler thing was bad engineering? Shouldn’t these be bolted on? With Tesla and specifically the Model 3 already being targeted by petty thieves (at least in the press), how many of these will be forcibly removed and sold on EBay? I’m just getting nervous about the longevity of this solution, will this spoiler stay on and in perfect position throughout the 4 seasons in WI year after year? How long will this typically adhere without falling off? This isn’t a cheap part, of it falls off during driving and you’re lucky enough to notice, and lucky enough no one following behind runs it over, and lucky enough it’s not damaged beyond repair, how much will we be charged to reattach it? I can’t recall any OEM accessory such as this, w this high of a cost, being applied with tape, especially to a car that’s been targeted by thieves (according to press reports).

I hope I am totally wrong about all of this, but from what I have seen, I am a little worried.

In general using 3M tape to stick on car accessories is fine. This has been common practice for ages. The issue is the shape of some of the spoilers is slightly off (like my first one). If the fit is poor you’ll know almost right away. Follow the best practices of ensuring a clean surface, proper fit, and proper cure time and it should be fine. Now that mine is fixed it’s very sturday.

In general using 3M tape to stick on car accessories is fine. This has been common practice for ages. The issue is the shape of some of the spoilers is slightly off (like my first one). If the fit is poor you’ll know almost right away. Follow the best practices of ensuring a clean surface, proper fit, and proper cure time and it should be fine. Now that mine is fixed it’s very sturday.
The issue though is that every install should be sturdy and fit. Not just 30% of them