Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Any P3D+ Owners Gotten Carbon Fiber Spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My spoiler came with 2 3m strips. Rhey also sent 2 extra rolls. I added the wide one in the middle.

Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 11.49.40 AM.png
IMG_8085.jpeg

Mine came with four strips. I indicated in green where the extra tape came applied. I don't * think * mine had the holes on the bottom, either (but I assume they must be there as part of the manufacturing process). Other than that they are probably the same spoiler.

(Mine is on the previous page, two posts with the white car)

The additional strips might be why it's showing no signs of lifting.

tape2.jpg

Last edited:
The listing didn't indicate that it came with adhesive, but mine came with adhesive, yes. Interestingly enough, it didn't appear to say 3M on it. Either way, it's stuck on there real good and doesn't appear to be going anywhere. Mine also came with two additional small strips at each end. Maybe this is why it's holding so well?

Thanks. Do you by chance have any more pictures with the car out of the garage? I’ve seen the different ones you’ve posted here and earlier. The are either really close or a bit far away. I’m interested in seeing it from sides and back with the entire car in the picture if possible. If not thanks for posting the ones you have.

I finally edited/uploaded the video showing how I installed the IKON Motorsport Carbon Fiber Spoiler.

I talk a lot in the video, but you can see how it instals in under 10 minutes. In my opinion it's the nicest spoiler out there. After having it on the car for months it is showing ZERO signs of lifting anywhere. I hope you like the video!

https://amzn.to/33Zj9bu

Great video, but in terms of fitment that spoiler just looks like a piece of carbon fiber stuck to the trunk lid. It doesn’t flow with the lines of the car at all. I still think the Tesla spoiler is the best looking and it’s a shame they can’t get their QC together with it.

Thankfully, my May-delivered 3P+ has had no issues with the spoiler as installed from the factory.

Reactions: Markardi
Great video, but in terms of fitment that spoiler just looks like a piece of carbon fiber stuck to the trunk lid. It doesn’t flow with the lines of the car at all. I still think the Tesla spoiler is the best looking and it’s a shame they can’t get their QC together with it.

Thankfully, my May-delivered 3P+ has had no issues with the spoiler as installed from the factory.
Thanks for checking out my video and commenting here! That’s awesome that your OEM spoiler it fitting correctly and staying in place. I think a lot of the forum members here would be envious of you!

As for the fitment of the IKON spoiler, it’s no less than the OEM spoiler. It may not be obvious from all the photos at the end of the video, but it hugs the same rear-of-the-trunk curves as OEM, just higher on the trunk.

I’ll agree that it definitely comes down personal preference!

Thanks again for watching!