Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Any P3D+ Owners Gotten Carbon Fiber Spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You did great lasting 5 months! Lol That’s better than most of us! Great Longevity!

Haha yeah, sad when 5 months is considered "great longevity"...

So I made an appointment to bring my car into the SF service center (which installed my first spoiler), and just got a call from Tesla offering the mobile service.

I asked how many spoilers the mobile service person would bring and they said "I can make a request to bring two, but a dozen is a little excessive" so I said thanks but no thanks, I'll bring it in to the SC.

Also, the person on the phone claimed there's a new revision of the spoiler that came out "late spring, early summer" that fits a lot better, but color me skeptical. I'll find out tomorrow, if I can get the part number.

Haha yeah, sad when 5 months is considered "great longevity"...

So I made an appointment to bring my car into the SF service center (which installed my first spoiler), and just got a call from Tesla offering the mobile service.

I asked how many spoilers the mobile service person would bring and they said "I can make a request to bring two, but a dozen is a little excessive" so I said thanks but no thanks, I'll bring it in to the SC.

Also, the person on the phone claimed there's a new revision of the spoiler that came out "late spring, early summer" that fits a lot better, but color me skeptical. I'll find out tomorrow, if I can get the part number.

@MarcG,

That was exactly my issue when I got the mobile install 2 months ago. I told him to bring as many as he could to try and find an acceptable ‘dry fit’ and he said he only had ONE! That kind of limits your options....lol. Prob is my SC is almost 2 hours away. So I went with it over no spoiler. Oy. And here I am...Wings flapping in the breeze! Lol
Let us know on that Part Number. I’m sure it’s the one I have.

Ski

Attachments

• 2E89A6D7-24C5-462C-A1E2-D5AD574FEFB6.jpeg
    2E89A6D7-24C5-462C-A1E2-D5AD574FEFB6.jpeg
    59.3 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Just checked my factory-installed 3P+ spoiler. Car was built April 27 and delivered May 2, so 3.5 months ago the spoiler was put on. Looks to be doing well from my quick pics and inspection. View attachment 441813View attachment 441814

@WilliamG,

Jelly!!! Lol. My Mobile guy didn’t use a heat gun on the tape pre-install, just stuck it on. But I don’t believe any of the installs are doing that other than the DIYers and they’re the ones with good installs! Maybe that’s the issue. Don’t know if that makes a difference in longevity.

Ski

Reactions: skrtskrt
Let us know on that Part Number. I’m sure it’s the one I have.

Good guess :D
The whole "new part since late-spring/early-summer" was total BS

So I got another once installed and it looks identical to the first one I got installed in April.
Even the installation looks the same, so I wouldn't be surprised if the edges start lifting again at some point.

If the factory use a different, stronger glue than what the service centers do, those may stick for longer.
I guess only time will tell..

Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 5.16.36 PM.png

Got ya beat. August delivery. Even tried setting up a mobile appt and was told I’d be contacts. I’ve complained a few times to no avail. I’ve more or less given up.
August 28 delivery for me, so I got you beat by one day ;). Just scheduled service for Aug 29. So it will be a year and a day. I was waiting until the spoiler issues got worked out, but gave up since I have a couple other minor issues (AC smell, horn) to deal with.