Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Any P3D+ Owners Gotten Carbon Fiber Spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From my experience as a trial lawyer: no jury is going to give you anything because you accepted the car without the spoiler. A judge could easily find the plaintiff responsible for defendant Tesla’s attorneys’ fees. Not an advisable course of action.

wouldn't this fit perfectly in small claims court?
seems simple to me, we bought a package,
package delivery was partially fulfilled, very
easy for a judge to award $1,500 price of S
carbon fiber spoiler?

what am I missing?

I have an unfulfilled Delivery Do List, which is an unfulfilled contract. I could easily argue the expectation created when I agreed to that contract was 4-6 weeks, which is what I was told. At this stage Tesla has not fulfilled the contract and is in breach. Could easily win a small claims settlement on this if you wanted to put the effort in. I gave it some thought toward the end of 2018 to get a settlement and just buy an aftermarket spoiler as RPM for example had no issue getting spoilers in to the market. In the end decided not to as the aggravation level would have been higher than it was worth.
carbon fiber spoiler?

what am I missing?

You really need to review the documents that you’ve signed / agreed to. I believe that you’ve agreed to notify Tesla in writing about disagreements / failure to perform. Tesla has substanyially performed because you’re driving around a fancy new car. But you’ve not notified them in writing per the terms of your purchase agreement, and you’ve not initiated arbitration according to the agremeent that you’ve signed.

A review of your purchase documents will go a long way to inform you about what you need to do.

• Informative
Reactions: CrazyCoconut
Curious as to where you got the custom badge? Looks great
Bought 3 bars on Ebay I believe several months ago. Don't believe it's there anymore but if you do a google search I believe you can find similar 3 bars in chrome, although somebody told me they are now selling as single bars so would need to order 3. Got the P from abstract ocean. Abstract Ocean also sells 3 bars but they are smaller and not chrome.

Reactions: Jaywlker
You really need to review the documents that you’ve signed / agreed to. I believe that you’ve agreed to notify Tesla in writing about disagreements / failure to perform. Tesla has substanyially performed because you’re driving around a fancy new car. But you’ve not notified them in writing per the terms of your purchase agreement, and you’ve not initiated arbitration according to the agremeent that you’ve signed.

A review of your purchase documents will go a long way to inform you about what you need to do.

I'm not quite sure why you began & ended
stating need to review signed docs?
are you not a 3 owner?
AFAIK the PUP (w/missing spoiler)
are identical to non PUP.

mine do not state car was delivered minus badging & spoiler,
that portion of delivery contract was verbal.
however manroney states it was paid.
small claims would seem to be designed for incomplete contracts?
for the record, I have informed TSLA of the omission of spoiler
suggested that given I'm 6 months without an estimate of delivery
it would be appropriate to install or buy back, to which the response
was soiller delivery & install were to be 'soon' this dating back to OCT!

please, tell us what is missing to uphold this contract?

Incorrect, I have notified them numerous times in writing over the past months regarding their failure to perform.

You are also incorrect that I need to initiate arbitration. Language from my Arbitration Clause states “If you prefer, you may instead take an individual dispute to small claims court.”. Did you read yours?

Last edited:
Bought 3 bars on Ebay I believe several months ago. Don't believe it's there anymore but if you do a google search I believe you can find similar 3 bars in chrome, although somebody told me they are now selling as single bars so would need to order 3. Got the P from abstract ocean. Abstract Ocean also sells 3 bars but they are smaller and not chrome.
Thanks, it looks pretty nice and different from anything else I have seen out there.

Incorrect, I have notified them numerous times in writing over the past months regarding their failure to perform.

You are also incorrect that I need to initiate arbitration. Language from my Arbitration Clause states “If you prefer, you may instead take an individual dispute to small claims court.”. Did you read yours?

I’m glad that I got you to review the documents that you signed and agreed to.

Why don’t you go ahead and file a small claim? Who is stopping you from going to small claims court?

Or are you just venting / looking for sympathy?

You are having a valid emotional reaction, but emotional reactions are not always the best legal reaction. If you personally think it’s worth your time to go to small
claims court, when Tesla is showing good faith in delivering your spoiler, then use your time how you think to be wise.

And to clarify: the thread’s discussion included discussion of class-actions and jury verdicts, neither of which are going to happen when Tesla is providing exactly what you were promised and agreed to, perhaps slowly.

Further, I own both an M3 Performance and an M3 dual motor.

Best cars I’ve ever owned. Tesla is changing the world and we’re lucky to be a part of that.

So Tesla Service came by today and fixed the spoiler. Looks MUCH better now, it is now flush with the body. There is a small gap (~1 mm but I think that's just the adhesive) but you can barely tell. Took exactly 23 minutes to fix.

Before, if I pressed on the right side the spoiler would move a little bit downwards. Now if I push down it is rock solid and will not budge.

79oA4A3.jpg

oK1E1ke.jpg

That does look much better. How did they fix it? Did they actually have to replace the spoiler or do they have some other fix? They called me this week to schedule a fix so want to make sure they have a good process before I get them to come out.

Reactions: Sg911 and Jaywlker
That does look much better. How did they fix it? Did they actually have to replace the spoiler or do they have some other fix? They called me this week to schedule a fix so want to make sure they have a good process before I get them to come out.
They replaced the entire spoiler, I think that the first install job was just rushed and was therefore botched. The mobile tech installed a new badge and this time it was installed properly.

They replaced the entire spoiler, I think that the first install job was just rushed and was therefore botched. The mobile tech installed a new badge and this time it was installed properly.

Thanks. I may have to do this then

Does your install have any gap in the middle where it makes contact with the top? Mine has about 1-2mm gap at the middle and less gap as you reach the edge but still some. I'm worried water will get in and eventually wear away at the tape.

I had an appointment at Costa Mesa this past Friday to reinstall one of my front ultrasonic sensors. When I dropped my car off I asked about the spoiler. They informed me it was on backorder but they would schedule mobile service to install for me.

When I picked up my car on Saturday, they informed me that mobile service from Buena Park would contact me to schedule the installation. Buena Park called today and I’m set up for installation on 3/6 at my house (I’m out of town this week and next). Hopefully all goes well with the install!

• Informative
I had an appointment at Costa Mesa this past Friday to reinstall one of my front ultrasonic sensors. When I dropped my car off I asked about the spoiler. They informed me it was on backorder but they would schedule mobile service to install for me.

When I picked up my car on Saturday, they informed me that mobile service from Buena Park would contact me to schedule the installation. Buena Park called today and I’m set up for installation on 3/6 at my house (I’m out of town this week and next). Hopefully all goes well with the install!
what month did you take deliver your car and what are the last 4 digits of your VIN? the service center person i spoke with today said they are going by VIN #

• Informative
carbon fiber spoiler?

what am I missing?
The package price was refunded to us though, or at least to those that asked.

what month did you take deliver your car and what are the last 4 digits of your VIN? the service center person i spoke with today said they are going by VIN #
That doesn't seem accurate. I've only heard of CA folks getting them so far.

8/18 delivery here in Kansas City. My local SC doesn't even know that spoilers are being deployed.

08/19/18 delivery, VIN 5785
Is that just your last 4? I had delivery a day earlier and my VIN is 74XXX.

Last edited:
The package price was refunded to us though, or at least to those that asked

I don' think our refund was because we didn't get (spoiler) something,
as I understand it, the perf upgrade package was repriced to be
included in AWD performance model, which still doesn't explain
why those (either before or after repricing) not having spoiler installed
on delivery aren't still owed a spoiler or reparations in lieu of?

• Informative
Is there a gap on the top portion for anyone's
5M0C5GD.jpg

@Zoglog,

Man that’s some gap topside between the trunk and Spoiler. What is that gap a quarter inch? First concern would be crap, leaves, debris/foreign matter etc getting in there. Secondly water (freezing), sitting in there long term. Concerns? Not sure I like that fitment. How hard is it do design a spoiler that runs the trunk lines of the trunk?
We have CAD, there are lasers...I mean come on.....this isn’t paper mache in a garage.

Ski

• Informative