Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Any P3D+ Owners Gotten Carbon Fiber Spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
cant seem to update my post but here's some images from left right.
NhvONY4.jpg

APgX3CO.jpg

Also the debris buildup due to the gap is pretty severe. It's sealed since we put silicone sealant in the gap but I don't think it's supposed to be that way

E18znIe.jpg

@Zoglog,

What’s all the white along the Spoiler gap edge? Debris, dust? Or is that the sealant they squirted in to fill the gap. Not acceptable to me nonetheless. I’m really really disappointed in this.

Ski

• Informative
Reactions: Jaywlker
Is that just your last 4? I had delivery a day earlier and my VIN is 74XXX.

Yes, last 4 digits. I know they don’t necessarily build in sequence of VIN but the digit before these 4 is lower than yours. Keep in mind, I asked about the spoiler during my service appointment, they didn’t reach out to me first. But, if they are going by VIN and delivery date I think they would start here in CA first.

• Informative
@Zoglog,

Why not installed? Doing the install yourself? What was your “issue”?

Ski

Car was ceramic coated. So the detailer had to buff it off first to ensure adhesion. Area is buffed now so Tesla should be able to fix.

in the model 3 in showroom and tesla pictures,
the top of trunk deck & top of spoiler are even.

in your pics it appears the spoiler is raised above
the trunk line, not to mention the gap in ridge?

are you good with that?

I mean i'm not good at all with the current fitment. By the way there is no way the spoiler is completely flush with the top of the lip. The way it's designed it clearly fits around the lifted edge of the trunk. However there shouldn't be the gap that I'm seeing on mine.

@Zoglog,

What’s all the white along the Spoiler gap edge? Debris, dust? Or is that the sealant they squirted in to fill the gap. Not acceptable to me nonetheless. I’m really really disappointed in this.

Ski

Dust in between, probably stuck to the sealant since it's latex. It's a temp solution to make sure water doesn't get in and the whole thing just flies off as water gets in there. Gonna try to get tesla to look into this asap. The shape of the spoiler I got doesn't seem to fit right.

• Informative
Just had the spoiler installed from the mobile tech. Unfortunately the tech messed up when putting the spoiler in and the driver side lifts up by couple mm (passenger side was perfect). The tech even managed to chip the paint while trying to fix the problem. He is going to come back later with another tech to help with the install and fix the chip.

The tech had an alignment tool that is supposed to help with aligning the spoiler. I don’t think it helped much as it doesn’t align the spoiler while putting it in.

Attachments

• E02AD9F6-96CD-4FBB-BFE9-15AFC6862807.jpeg
    E02AD9F6-96CD-4FBB-BFE9-15AFC6862807.jpeg
    357.5 KB · Views: 197
  • 9849D230-DBC0-4772-8CED-8C70CBE39920.jpeg
    9849D230-DBC0-4772-8CED-8C70CBE39920.jpeg
    582.4 KB · Views: 159
  • CD5D1430-A544-4D31-8DDA-4E6A86D70864.jpeg
    CD5D1430-A544-4D31-8DDA-4E6A86D70864.jpeg
    318.6 KB · Views: 154
  • F136DAF2-12AD-4C2D-B3A4-944E5A340D5A.jpeg
    F136DAF2-12AD-4C2D-B3A4-944E5A340D5A.jpeg
    649.9 KB · Views: 156
Just had the spoiler installed from the mobile tech. Unfortunately the tech messed up when putting the spoiler in and the driver side lifts up by couple mm (passenger side was perfect). The tech even managed to chip the paint while trying to fix the problem. He is going to come back later with another tech to help with the install and fix the chip.

The tech had an alignment tool that is supposed to help with aligning the spoiler. I don’t think it helped much as it doesn’t align the spoiler while putting it in.
Ouch :( Hopefully they can fix or cover up the paint chip so it's not visible when the spoiler is installed.

@wokuku,

Agreed. Right sight is perfect, nice tight line. Left side and deck edge are horrendous. Agree that it’s not fit properly.
Also (hate to even call your attention to this) but want to know for my future install if they ever get these right, is that trunk deck scratched where they wiped it parallel to the spoiler, is that just smudged or was that there previously?

Keep us appraised of your outcome.

Ski

Did you request mobile service or was that what they initially offered?

Mobile tech came again (with another pair of hands) and that definitely made aligning the spoiler a lot easier. See attached.

Most of the “scratches” are really just smudges. With that been said my car was delivered to me with a lot of light scratches at the clear coat level. They were most likely due to improper washing prior of delivery. I have been waiting for the spoiler to be delivered so that I can do proper paint correction + ceramic coating

Attachments

• 22DD16F8-7CB5-46EB-9FF6-F7C498E1E34F.jpeg
    22DD16F8-7CB5-46EB-9FF6-F7C498E1E34F.jpeg
    298.3 KB · Views: 157
  • 3DBE90B4-77EC-4293-867E-5C19DCE15555.jpeg
    3DBE90B4-77EC-4293-867E-5C19DCE15555.jpeg
    336.8 KB · Views: 158
  • AC4CC51B-9FE7-4E6C-97B6-16E73774E0DA.jpeg
    AC4CC51B-9FE7-4E6C-97B6-16E73774E0DA.jpeg
    269.6 KB · Views: 149
In my case I asked if I could bring it in to get it done but they insisted on doing it via mobile tech. They're also insisting on doing the fix via mobile tech. I think this is a huge mistake as I really think you need 2 people doing the install to get this right.

Reactions: wokuku