Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Any P3D+ Owners Gotten Carbon Fiber Spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do they all come in that carbon fiber look?
Yeah. A guy recently shared a pic of his that he got wrapped though. Looked nice.

On the west coast, it seems. Or some parts of the east coast. The midwest seems to have gotten the shaft. I've talked to all my local SCs and nobody's even seen a spoiler.
Same here in KC. Really annoyed honestly. It should be in order of purchase/delivery, not geography. A guy who got his car in December shouldn't get one before my August car.

Just got the super weird office form to sign up yesterday, received a sketchy text this morning to call a number or email [email protected] (<- apparently stands for bay area northern). Called in to schedule the install and was notified that mobile installs of the spoiler are on hold due to adhesion issues. I am fine waiting a few more months whilst they work out the kinks.

I got mine installed today via mobile service, and it looks better than I thought it would. I’m pretty happy overall as I wasn’t planning on installing. I have a full stealth wrap and am really pleased that the spoiler finish is sort of matte too.

It was part of some other work (replace dash due to embedded hair, 3rd attempt as previous attempts I rejected he dash due to damage observed prior to install).

I’m in SF, and took delivery in September FWIW.

I asked about cracking and adhesion issues guy said he has installed 15 in the last two weeks and only 1 had issues. He also sort of suggested it was at least partially his fault. I’ll report back if I have problems.

Attachments

• 8AA89F88-0953-4764-AD46-469ED857A73E.jpeg
    8AA89F88-0953-4764-AD46-469ED857A73E.jpeg
    245.4 KB · Views: 198
  • 1271FFD1-F0FD-458C-868C-9ED80198BFE1.jpeg
    1271FFD1-F0FD-458C-868C-9ED80198BFE1.jpeg
    203.1 KB · Views: 153
Took delivery of mine last WED 03/13 and of course it did not come with it. Delivery driver didn;t have a clue about what I was asking for either. Contacted Tesl the next day and got an immediate response that I will be getting my in "6 weeks or so"

Tesla Mobile Service came today to install my spoiler here in Northern California. My 3 was delivered in January 2019 and I proactively reached out to schedule the appointment.

The tech was great, but unfortunately even though he brought 4 spoilers none of them fit well (all were warped). One also had a blemish. He recommended that I wait until there is a revised part.

Tesla Mobile Service came today to install my spoiler here in Northern California. My 3 was delivered in January 2019 and I proactively reached out to schedule the appointment.

The tech was great, but unfortunately even though he brought 4 spoilers none of them fit well (all were warped). One also had a blemish. He recommended that I wait until there is a revised part.

Wow, 4 and none of them fit well? That's insane. I don't get why this is so challenging.

I took delivery at Rocklin on 12/5 and when I contact them, they just tell me they have no idea when they are coming in.

It's time for my monthly ping to my service center again. This month's reply:

"We have received your service request regarding your badge and spoiler concerns. The Performance rear spoilers are not expected to be available until the end of spring 2019.

There have been small batch releases of badges and spoilers and they are allocated based on delivery sequence. I have proactively ordered a rear badge and rear spoiler for your VIN. I cannot provide an ETA on this order at this time.

We will reach out to schedule the service just as soon as they arrive. If you have any questions in the meantime, do not hesitate to ask."