Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Any P3D+ Owners Gotten Carbon Fiber Spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone with a "good" install take a close-up of their ends? Here's what mine looks like now:

Right side looks like it may have detached a little:
right.png

Left side looks OK-ish:
left.png

Great, got this email in the morning:

Also, one end of the spoiler MAY already be lifting :( Will keep a close eye on it.

I’ve made two trips to SC so far and both spoilers they tried to mount lifted. The spoilers are garbage. Probably better to wait a bit to see if they can sort it out or find another supplier. Totally ridiculous. A freaking spoiler shouldn’t be this hard to implement.

Reactions: is2scooby
I’ve made two trips to SC so far and both spoilers they tried to mount lifted. The spoilers are garbage. Probably better to wait a bit to see if they can sort it out or find another supplier. Totally ridiculous. A freaking spoiler shouldn’t be this hard to implement.

I’ll keep an eye on it myself for lifting, but it’s been 4 days strong and no major lifting has been observed. My trunk lid is also Opticoated, but that should make things worse. I’m happy, knock on wood.

These spoiler issues are just unacceptable. They are already months late getting them out to customers. Now we gotta wait longer for them to fix the spoilers? So frustrating. I’m still waiting for service to call me regarding a different issue I’ve had since I picked up the car. That was in December.

Can someone with a "good" install take a close-up of their ends? Here's what mine looks like now:

Right side looks like it may have detached a little:
View attachment 393792

Left side looks OK-ish:
View attachment 393794

If mine did that, I'd definitely complain. I posed some photos a few pages back. There is a small gap, which is because of the shape of the spoiler. Yours looks like a fitment issue, not the design.

I walked past my car earlier today and noticed there were small leaves trapped between the spoiler and trunk in the tiny groove. I guess this not avoidable as the spoiler isn’t flush with the edge?

I would think the only way freemont is going to own this FAIL
is with pictures of such events, posted far & wide!

I hope you got shots, and I hope you embarrass them into
reworking the solution, as clearly this isn't solved!