Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone bought and used Drag DR-83 wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone bought and used Drag DR-83 wheels?
I know that Drag isn't a great brand, but the wheels do look strikingly similar to the Uberturbines with a smaller 19" form factor that I personally prefer. I know that wheels with a similar look are available from more reputable companies like TSportline, but they cost more than double that of the Drag wheels. It would make sense they would be a bit better than the Drag wheels, but I just don't think they would be good ENOUGH to warrant the much higher price (TSportline wheels are virtually the same weight as the Drag wheels with a lower load capacity).
Here is a link to the Drag wheels:
If anyone has purchased and used these wheels, what conditions have they been used in and how are they holding up (specifically regarding the finish)?
Any thoughts at all on the topic are welcome.
Thank you!

Reactions: IMFletcher
I saw a difference in the offset and center bore between the two. The tsportlines match the factory specs for the center bore and the drag’s are larger. Not an expert on wheels, so just pointing that out.

Fwiw the tsportlines are plug and play. I don’t know what effort you’ll need to duplicate that on the drags.

A larger hub size often isn't an issue and can usually be installed just the same as hub-centric wheels, or sometimes with the addition of hub-centric rings. I currently have aftermarket wheels that aren't hub-centric, and they haven't posed any issues for me in any way, so I'm not too worried about that. Offset shouldn't pose much of an issue either. From putting in wheel info at willtheyfit.com, it seems that the decreased offset counteracts the narrower wheel, so the face of the wheel would sit in the same location as the stock ones on my MYP did, so I'm not too worried about that either (green is stock front MYP Ubers, orange is drag offering)
1669407598749.png

It may have some relatively mild impact on handling but I don't do any crazy driving (I'm more of a "floor it at green lights" type of guy) so it's not a big concern for me. Mostly just wondering how they've held up during use for people aesthetically speaking. I don't want to buy them and then be stuck with them scratching super easily from road debris during normal driving, paint flaking, easily rusting when driven through salty roads in the winter, etc.

It’s good to see you did the research. I have a set of rings at home for a Mini Cooper I used to have. I’m can’t remember why I bought them since I had the Ssr gt1 wheels(out of business) on them and they fit perfectly. I’ve got a new set of tsportlines and I am looking at ceramic coating them. Perhaps, that’s all you’ll need to enhance the durability.

Did you end up getting a set? I'm also looking for an uberturbine 19" clone and these appear to be the cheapest but I don't know a lot about the brand.
I did not. Sticking with my current wheels for now. From the research I've done on the brand, they're a good value, but considering how much less expensive they are than similar wheels from other brands, I just can't get it out of my head that I might "get what I paid for" and have issues with them.