Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone done wheel spacers WITHOUT lowering springs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 19s and my spacers are ordered; should have them installed (assuming no issues) in ~1 week.
Nice! It's super easy. I was thinking of doing an install/review video.

For me the hardest part was getting the jack underneath the car. Once I had the jack pad in place the jack wouldn't roll underneath the car, so I had to use three 2x4s to drive the car up onto in order to get enough clearance for the jack.

Nice! It's super easy. I was thinking of doing an install/review video.

For me the hardest part was getting the jack underneath the car. Once I had the jack pad in place the jack wouldn't roll underneath the car, so I had to use three 2x4s to drive the car up onto in order to get enough clearance for the jack.

Sounds like a great time to treat yourself to a new low-profile floor jack.

Can you show pics of how dirty the car gets without mud flaps, and a pic of the car with mud flaps installed? Wonder what the efficiency hit is for this mod, and then combined with the added drag of the mud flaps?
BTW, the mud flaps made a HUGE difference in how dirty the sides of the car gets. There are never any more chunks. It's basically just a film of dirt from mist that get kicked up naturally. I would also recommend the mud guards to protect the fenders behind the wheeels from getting any rocks kicked up and destroying the paint like I've seen on some Teslas.

Not the greatest angle but here’s mine with 19’s and 15/20mm spacers.

Attachments

• B0668669-AF63-4434-9DC2-5D05A1CFBCDC.jpeg
    B0668669-AF63-4434-9DC2-5D05A1CFBCDC.jpeg
    404.7 KB · Views: 191
Reactions: Rothgarr
At first I kinda of wished I had special-ordered 15mm front, 25mm rear. But a few days ago I added wheel bands to my wheels, and they make the wheels stick out another 7mm to how far they stick out. So 25mm in the rear would have been too much.

I feel like if you're running stock 18"s, 25mm would make it more flush in the rear.

Agreed. If I had to do it again, I'd request 15/25

I have the stock aeros and am planning on getting 245/45-18 tires as well as 15/20 spacers. I'm worried that the 10mm wider tires(effectively adding 5mm extra offset) will stick out too much in both the front and rear. Has anyone done this? Will it poke out too much? Pics would be great.

I have the stock aeros and am planning on getting 245/45-18 tires as well as 15/20 spacers. I'm worried that the 10mm wider tires(effectively adding 5mm extra offset) will stick out too much in both the front and rear. Has anyone done this? Will it poke out too much? Pics would be great.
On my stock 18" aeros, the wheels stick out way more than the tires themselves.

• Informative
Reactions: rlb4
Agreed. If I had to do it again, I'd request 15/25
Ditto, looking at your photo. Also, others on forum posted OK 15/25 clearance.

I can just see the grin on the Tesla Service Manager's face when I go with
anything suspension related. Note to self: remove spacers before service:)

I had spacers on my S4 6MT and oh boy she looked sharp.

For those with jacking issues, the QuickJack 6000elx works great on M3SR/LR/MX/MY,
not on M3P/MS though, i do seasonals on 5 cars (mucho kids) so they are a lifesaver.

Attachments

• 20220828_101239.jpg
    20220828_101239.jpg
    463.9 KB · Views: 79
Last edited: