Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone made the run from Jackson, MS to Memphis, TN ??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just did this trip in my S75 2 weeks ago. We were going from Houston to Memphis. Ended up going to LCH-BTR-JAN-MEM.

I was most concerned about the JAN-MEM leg, since it was showing 211 miles to our destination from the Pearl supercharger. Luckily it wasn't too cold (temps in the high 40s to low 50s). I had planned to stop at an outlet mall right outside of Memphis going northbound on 55 if we were losing range. I followed the advice from this forum to keep it slow the first part of the trip to guarantee that you're going to make it, then speed up. I was lucky enough to make the leg without having to stop at the outlet mall, arriving with 25 rated miles to go! I have to say that it did suck to have everyone and their grandma passing me while I was stuck at 60-65.

On the way back, I planned to top off at the MEM supercharger before heading out. It was about 10 miles out of the way from our prior destination (downtown Memphis). While we were supercharging, we ran into the Nashville gallery Tesla crew - they were in Memphis giving people test drives for the weekend. They had an X, an S P100D, and and S 75 D. That's when I got a nice little bit of info from the guy at the gallery:

THEY'RE INSTALLING A SUPERCHARGER IN GRENADA, MS

That should give the people going on I-55 a nice little cushion in between Memphis and Jackson!

Anyway, I thought I'd share that little nugget with everyone.

• Informative
Reactions: Missile Toad
I learned from experience that my 85D had plenty of range to make that trip. The biggest issue I had was, as I said earlier, the result of the fact the navigation system (at the time of this writing) did not know of the existence of the Memphis super charger. When you enter Memphis SC it says no such!! If you just enter Memphis, which is what I did, it takes you to the city center, which is nearly 20 miles from the SC.... I still made it but there was no room for error such as taking a wrong off ramp or missing and exit. That 20 miles was by far the most range anxious part of the trip. The lightning storm in Jackson on the way home was, however, the most stressful by far. I really did NOT want to charge that fast!
I will make that trip again and be very confident...all the while hoping that Elon makes up with the Clintons and decides to install a charger in Little Rock Arkansas, which would take hours off of the trip from Austin to Memphis.
Grant

I realize this post is a few years old, but planning a take my Model 3 from Austin to Oxford. Would love to hear more about the route you took. There will be a standard charger at my hotel in Oxford. Plan to take this a few times in coming months vs my usual flights. TIA!

I realize this post is a few years old, but planning a take my Model 3 from Austin to Oxford. Would love to hear more about the route you took. There will be a standard charger at my hotel in Oxford. Plan to take this a few times in coming months vs my usual flights. TIA!
There's a supercharger in Little Rock now so that trip is easy. You'll need to stop at the superchargers in Texarkana, Little Rock, and Memphis and then continue on to Oxford.