Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone posted updated 1/4 mile times since 5% update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have on my AWD non-P. Ran 12.37s @ 114.19 mph.

AWD-quarter-post5%.png

119 to 120 mph? Sounds optimistic.
I'm an eternal optimist. I think that would only be possible with the lightest-weight Alloys and wheels, perhaps a battery replacement, and very high ambient temperatures. I think more realistically 117 to 118 is the best possible trap speed.

I'm waiting for someone to do what the Tesla S drag racing guy does and strip out the interior and put in some light carbon cyber buckets. That is dedication to your craft for sure! I think he dropped almost 200 pounds though from the interior being completely gutted. I think if someone was willing to go that far they might get the first sub 3 seconds 0 to 60 time if they did that plus did some other dietary interventions like the lithium front battery, lightest 18-inch forged wheels, 235 tires, and maybe a few other tweaks.

Update. My best time last night was 11.730 at 113.87MPH. 90% SOC. 2nd best was 11.760. Bone stock. With light wheels, and maybe a few other upgrades for weight I'm sure it could go to 11.6x. If I go again I might charge on site to make sure I'm at 100% SOC. Opponent was some sort of newer challenger or charger. I did line up next to a Chevy Bel Air type car with huge racing tires and a cage but he was no problem, I got nervous that time. My best competition was actually a modified dodge ram that was hitting 12.5x.

Heartland Motorsports Raceway in Kansas. Had quite a few compliments on the car. I think the hard core anti-EV folks are a small/whiney minority in the automotive world.

20190405_194319.jpg

2 other runs were 11.839 and 11.818. SOC heading down to mid 80%. Tried track mode on last run and didn't seem to do anything.

Last edited:
I'm an eternal optimist. I think that would only be possible with the lightest-weight Alloys and wheels, perhaps a battery replacement, and very high ambient temperatures. I think more realistically 117 to 118 is the best possible trap speed.

I'm waiting for someone to do what the Tesla S drag racing guy does and strip out the interior and put in some light carbon cyber buckets. That is dedication to your craft for sure! I think he dropped almost 200 pounds though from the interior being completely gutted. I think if someone was willing to go that far they might get the first sub 3 seconds 0 to 60 time if they did that plus did some other dietary interventions like the lithium front battery, lightest 18-inch forged wheels, 235 tires, and maybe a few other tweaks.

Even just taking out the easy stuff like back seat, carpets etc. should be able to drop a nice chunk of weight.

Reactions: dfwatt
What was the temperature? That's a phenomenal trap speed. What's your best 0 to 60? I assume this was after the 5% power boost. Looks like you cleaned up!

Thanks haha! Felt good to make it into the low 12's. This time is after the 5%, yes. I'm on 2019.8.4. I had another run just before that of 12.40 @ 114.01.

Temp was 71F last night in Austin and ran around 87% or 88% SoC. My best 0-60 was 4.20s a few minutes later on a different road.

AWD-0-60-post5%.png

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde