Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone removed the defrost vent closest to the windshield?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need to remove the vent. I had it in to service a few weeks ago for a few issues, and one was a rattle. Tech found it was the defrost vent. He put some foam or whatever on it and that resolved it. For a few weeks. It's back and I'd like to remove the vent and check things out. Even though the SC is 20 minutes away, I imagine this will turn in to an hour or more with travel. Would like a first crack at it, but don't want to break the vent either.

Pat, removing that involves taking the dash cover off first. Not an easy job and can very very easily damage the chrome strip along the front edge. Dash pad without installation can be as much as 895.00 plus tax. I'd let them fix it. Good luck

Pat, removing that involves taking the dash cover off first. Not an easy job and can very very easily damage the chrome strip along the front edge. Dash pad without installation can be as much as 895.00 plus tax. I'd let them fix it. Good luck

Really? That's surprising actually, as it didn't take them long at all to do whatever they did. Wonder if the tech just slid some felt in around the vent without removing it.

Thanks for the info, I definitely won't be messing with it myself now!