Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone sold their Tesla to Vroom?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm thinking about selling our car in anticipation of an update coming out that will cause extra depreciation.

Vroom seems to be an interesting option and wondering if anyone had used them.

My only concern is that they give you an offer for your car and then send someone to pick up your car and wire the money to your bank account AFTER they have picked up the car not WHEN they pick up the car.

I'm not very trusting and would like to get the money when someone takes my car so I'm wondering if anyone has gone through this process before. I'm just afraid about what I should do if they pick up the car and then I either not receive the funds promised or they try to reduce the amount by claiming whatever. Seems in such a case you are SOL because you have no money and they have your car...

I have not used Vroom but a friend sold his car to Carvana and they gave him a check before they took away his car.

Thanks! Getting a check when they collect the car is key.

I'm shocked people are apparently okay with Vroom's business model where some person shows up to pick up your car with a "promise" to pay the same day. I asked them what do I do if you don't pay -- call the police and report the car as stolen?! :)

I'll look into Carvana. Thanks for the tip!

If okay with you can share details of your model S for sale; I am in Texas and looking for P85D, 100D options. Thank you

We are likely going to hold on to our P85D until the Model S refresh comes out but I'll remember to message you when that happens in case you are still looking.

I decided not to even consider Vroom. It's crazy that their business model is that they send someone to pick up your car with the promise to within 24 hours via wire transfer. I don't care how reputable they claim they are but no money, no car.

Sold my MS to Vroom and the process could not have been easier. Admittedly I was a bit nervous about turning over the car before payment but everything worked out perfectly. Got paid the day they took it. Totally painless experience.

Glad it worked out but I just can't get myself to hand over my car keys and sign over the title without payment.

I can't believe people are fine with that. o_O

Carvana gave me a better price than Vroom when I sold my S. They also gave me the check when I dropped off the car at one of their “car vending machines” and even paid for my Uber ride home. I’m not sure how it would work if you don’t live in a city with a Carvana location.

• Informative
Reactions: P85Dave