Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone upgraded door speakers (like the focal ISU200) and not dash?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks, I suspect it is too, but haven't seen that anyone has installed a tweeter using a crossover from the door, so I'm leery about trying it. Seems like it would be easier, but I have no idea what I'm doing and don't want to mess things up.

Does anyone know if the signal to the front door is full range? If so, wondering if it would make more sense to use the included crossover with either the Focal or Hertz kits to connect the door tweeters, rather than messing with the Hanshow harness and having the amp handle the signal processing to the tweeters? I have an SR+, so currently no signal to the tweeters.
I haven't actually measured it, but I believe it's midbass only. This is a good signal for adding a subwoofer, but that's about it.

I’m looking into the focal isu200.

I will not be amping these. And I have a 2019SR+

Has anyone installed these without an amp or crossover from the focals? I installed Morel Maximo 6 and did not enjoy it. I had to avoid using the crossover and go straight to the harness for both tweeter and woofer. Now I’m looking into different options and remember people had success with the focal lineup.

Edited: I just realized the ISU200 is a 8 inch woofer. How do you get it to fit? With the amped garage bracket, does it just fit naturally? Anyone got pictures? Currently trying to search for it right now.

Last edited:
You need to use the bracket and it’ll fit just fine. I did not add an amp with mine either, just plug and play with the proper adapter, also from amped garage.
Awesome thanks, how is the sound quality compared to without it?

I have 3 infinity ref speakers installed and a idmax 12 currently. I really enjoyed the sound with this current set up, but felt like the car was still lacking mid range.

I installed the morels and my sound stage became smaller and sounded worse. I like bright speakers and the morels are warm.

I liked the stock speaker better then the morels, but want to add to the mid range and hoping the isu200 can fill in the mid range issue and keep the sound stage big, along with the brighter sounds.

I realized after installing the morels, the original tweeters weren’t that bad. Wondering how much of a difference the isu200 will make and if the tweeters sound good.