Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone with FSD received HW3 upgrade?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like it might be awhile.
BFE73AA8-3A6D-46F7-8520-82CD5AD71A58.png

Reactions: Ludalicious
Given that there are no real benefits of having HW3 now from end-user prospective, I think it is better to have your HW upgraded to V3 as late as possible (HW3 can use a bit more of total energy AFAIR, and also there might be different HW versions, I would rather have the latest one).
I'm a bit concerned about getting mine after I've run out of bumper-to-bumper warranty (probably by the end of the year). Although I'd hope Tesla would provide some coverage beyond that if the HW3 goes flaky, I'd rather it be crystal clear upfront that it is under warranty.

Not sure why you think 25% more power consumption is "statistically insignificant."
Because it is +/- 0.1% of your car's total battery power use.

Unless you are going for a constant rolling 30mph hypermiling record you just won't notice any difference in practice. Even with the hypermile attempt you're talking maybe at most a couple miles on 600 miles.

Because it is +/- 0.1% of your car's total battery power use.

Unless you are going for a constant rolling 30mph hypermiling record you just won't notice any difference in practice. Even with the hypermile attempt you're talking maybe at most a couple miles on 600 miles.

I hear you, but it's not statistically insignificant when you have thousands upon thousands of cars that now don't travel "quite" as far. That's millions of miles lost. It doesn't bother me, personally, of course.

• Funny
Reactions: SammichLover
I hear you, but it's not statistically insignificant when you have thousands upon thousands of cars that now don't travel "quite" as far. That's millions of miles lost. It doesn't bother me, personally, of course.
If only I could figure out a way to reduce the time I spend tying my shoes every day by 2 seconds so that by the end of my life I had saved 12 hours, think of what I could do with that time! :D

An 26% power draw increase for the HW3.0 computer is going to be undetectable to the driver.