Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has SC Ever Went Above and Beyond For You [due to SC mess up]?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brought my S into the Dedham SC to have some things checked out. I mentioned to them my TPMS in one of the tires was acting weird the day before. They called back and mentioned I had 3 nails in that tire and recommend a replacement. They replaced it, got my car back and the next week was super busy for me. By the time I got around to washing the car I noticed a deep grove in the wheel that went half way around the wheel. It was clearly from the tire mounting machine and not road rash. I sent them pics and they said they would take care of it. Swung by the SC, they threw on a loaner and sent the wheel to be repaired. Got it back the next day and I swear I can't even tell where it was damaged.

The other way to look at this is it should have been obvious from the get go. Someone should have spotted this at the time but in the end it was resolved. No going back and forth on the issue.

Brought my S into the Dedham SC to have some things checked out. I mentioned to them my TPMS in one of the tires was acting weird the day before. They called back and mentioned I had 3 nails in that tire and recommend a replacement. They replaced it, got my car back and the next week was super busy for me. By the time I got around to washing the car I noticed a deep grove in the wheel that went half way around the wheel. It was clearly from the tire mounting machine and not road rash. I sent them pics and they said they would take care of it. Swung by the SC, they threw on a loaner and sent the wheel to be repaired. Got it back the next day and I swear I can't even tell where it was damaged.

The other way to look at this is it should have been obvious from the get go. Someone should have spotted this at the time but in the end it was resolved. No going back and forth on the issue.
Great to hear they did the right thing...but agree with you; the person who mounted that tire should've seen the mark they put on the wheel and they should've proactively fixed it for you.

My car had a very tricky problem that took a very long time to resolve requiring repeated service visits (wouldn't charge) over a period of almost 5 months. In all fairness they had to more or less tear the car apart to find a faulty wire after doing all the usual diagnostics. For that I felt they really did their best. They kept me informed, I had Tesla loaner cars the whole time, they gave me some very generous perks (though that did not include free FSD which would have been a great bonus). I was courteous, polite and understanding and treated them respectfully which is more than I could say about same of the jack asses that came by the SC. In turn I think they treated me well and did their best. Both at Van Nuys and Burbank, Burbank was more on top of things than Van Nuys though. In the end I got a better car that had all those little niggly problems from early model 3s fixed and has been rock solid ever since.