Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has your Tesla Account Updated with EAP & FAD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still not updated here. My order reads "Autopilot Convenience Features" not "Enhanced Autopilot".

Even more confusingly, I was told that the FSDC option is only a software/feature upgrade (testing and regulations permitting, of course), which directly contradicts the web page text indicating that this option also doubles the number of cameras from four to eight. So, which is correct? Do all eight cameras come with the Enhanced Autopilot option or not?

Still not updated here. My order reads "Autopilot Convenience Features" not "Enhanced Autopilot".

Even more confusingly, I was told that the FSDC option is only a software/feature upgrade (testing and regulations permitting, of course), which directly contradicts the web page text indicating that this option also doubles the number of cameras from four to eight. So, which is correct? Do all eight cameras come with the Enhanced Autopilot option or not?

I maybe wrong here - but all 8 cameras come with every tesla produced after that date... and YES they only become active if you purchase the FASD 3k addon.... if you do not then you continue to use 4 --

That's what it shows up as on the spec sheet. They changed the description of the old autopilot hardware to be something like Autopilot Hardware 1 Convenience Features and Enhanced Autopilot now shows as Autopilot Convenience Features. If you view the source and search for the option codes, if you see APH0, APE1 and APF1, then that's Enhanced Autopilot. If you see DA02, that's the old autopilot.

I maybe wrong here - but all 8 cameras come with every tesla produced after that date... and YES they only become active if you purchase the FASD 3k addon.... if you do not then you continue to use 4 --

OK, that makes sense and is what I thought all along. If that's true, though, then the web page text is confusing. After reading it again just now, I agree that's what they intended to convey, though I'll maintain that it's poorly written. :)

I may be a bit crazy, but I went ahead and ordered both EAP and FSDC. I have doubts about the feasability of reaching true FSDC, but I am hoping that Tesla will take care of us early adopters. While the full extent of FSDC may not come out right away, I can see Tesla introducing some features for the FSDC folks that the EAP only folks don't get (maybe some less-than-full autonomy features that require all 8 cameras). We will see...

I almost did the same, but the Tesla girl with whom I spoke last week talked me out of ordering the FSDC. She didn't think that enough features would clear regulatory hurdles in the next three years to justify ordering it now. I went with EAP alone.