Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have Enhanced Autopilot but didn't pay for it

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my AWD M3 yesterday night and noticed that I had the following options under autopilot:
  • Auto Lane Change
  • Autosteer
  • Traffic-Aware Cruise Control
  • Autopark
  • Summon
They all work great, except the curious thing is I never added this $5K package when ordering the vehicle. Looking at my Tesla account online confirms this and show that the option is available to be added for $5.5K now.

Anyone have this same "issue"? Did the features go away with a Software Update?

Picked up my AWD M3 yesterday night and noticed that I had the following options under autopilot:
  • Auto Lane Change
  • Autosteer
  • Autopark
  • Summon
They all work great, except the curious thing is I never added this $5K package when ordering the vehicle. Looking at my Tesla account online confirms this and show that the option is available to be added for $5.5K now.

Enjoy the extended trial period.

Reactions: T-Will
Your car may have the EAP trial already installed. Tesla was sending out a 2 week trial to people who didn't have EAP. It might be that the trial got pushed and enabled before they delivered the car to you. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes away. If it doesn't, then enjoy!

Is this sarcasm or is there actually a trial period? I can't tell.

See for yourself:

Enhanced Autopilot Trial

upload_2018-9-25_11-33-58.png

Reactions: alfadur
I agree, I think you just have the software build where they enabled the trial period. Expect it to go away on the next software update.
So after I noticed the features, there was a software update for me that I proceeded to update to. After the update the EAP was still there. Here's hoping it stays! Will ke
When I had my 2 week trial, going into the AutoPilot settings screen showed me how many trial days I had left. Do you see anything like that on your settings?

Thanks for the information. I don't have anything that states trial days left on my M3.

So after I noticed the features, there was a software update for me that I proceeded to update to. After the update the EAP was still there. Here's hoping it stays! Will ke

Thanks for the information. I don't have anything that states trial days left on my M3.

I’ve read a lot of people getting EAP for free by accident. Most have stayed quiet now. So you may get to keep it for free for a long time till tesla discovers it.

I’m jealous. I spent $5000+tax on mine.

Reactions: Schmeltz318
What I believe happened is the previous owner of that VIN optioned for EAP but didn't take delivery for whatever reason.

When it transferred owners so did EAP.

Enjoy.. until Tesla can code a compliance module to check for it.

And of course you may find that you enjoy it enough to add it when it disappears. ;) TACC is the only feature my husband uses on our MS with EAP and he uses it all the time and when we ordered our Model 3 it was a no brainer to add. We plan to keep our cars for a considerable amount of time so over time even if we only use it and not the other features, feel we will get the value out of it on daily commutes and long road trips.

What I believe happened is the previous owner of that VIN optioned for EAP but didn't take delivery for whatever reason.

When it transferred owners so did EAP.

Enjoy.. until Tesla can code a compliance module to check for it.

Yep, this sounds like what happened. When I ordered they assigned me to one VIN. But they called a few days before delivery and said that the car came damaged and they assigned another VIN to me.

That new VIN must have had EAP spec'd by the previous owner who never took delivery.

Here's hoping it doesn't go away :cool:

Yep, this sounds like what happened. When I ordered they assigned me to one VIN. But they called a few days before delivery and said that the car came damaged and they assigned another VIN to me.

That new VIN must have had EAP spec'd by the previous owner who never took delivery.

Here's hoping it doesn't go away :cool:
The question would be - if Tesla discovers it and disables it for you, would you be willing to fork over the money for it? You might find out after 6 months that you would. Let's hope Tesla allows you to buy it for the original $5k instead of $6k. :)

• Auto Lane Change
  • Autosteer
  • Autopark
  • Summon

I have this same "issue/blessing" Do you know if this went away for you with a software update?
I paid for Autopilot only but I got the Enhanced Autopilot features. Summon / Navigate on Autopilot etc..

Found this Trial Info

Autopilot Trial - Going to check and verify that it is not on trail

Can I opt out of the trial?
Yes. You can opt out of the trial at any time by selecting, “I do not want to experience Autopilot” on the in-car notification which appears when your trial first begins. If you begin the trial but want to end it early, you can do so by going to the 'Autopilot' tab in the Settings menu and selecting the 'Trial' button near the top right of the display. Once the trial notification appears, you can tap on “I do not want to experience Autopilot”.

If you end your trial, your Tesla will automatically reboot to remove Autopilot functionality from your car. This process will only take a minute or so.