Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have ordered - but interior concerns..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(thread resurrection)
I know this is a joke and you probably knew this already, but since I recently learned this fact . . . figured I would share for others to be educated.

Corinthian leather is not an actual type of leather at all, it is a marketing term

It was, in fact, branded by Chrysler and actually was endorsed by Ricardo Montalban (as you stated). It's just regular leather that is tufted.

Up until recently, I always thought it was some special leather used in cars back in the day. I guess I'm a sucker for good marketing.
I also didn't know it was a marketing name. Junkyard Gem: 1990 Chrysler New Yorker Landau Mark Cross Edition came up today and pointed to
(start at ~8:36) which is a longer (the whole?) part of that interview where he talks about Corinthian leather and Chrysler Cordoba. :)

fake leather is *much* harder wearing and lasts longer than the automotive leather you get up to a F150 Lariat trim / lower end Mercedes / BMW / Audi etcetc. That automotive leather is a thin / crappy leather *heavily* coated with a plastic material so it requires minimum maintenance - AND - wears harder. The high quality automotive leather in a high end Mercedes/ Lexus or a Platinum / King Ranch truck is thicker and less coated but does require regular maintenance and is $$$.

using high quality animal leather in a car which is likely junked after 10+ yrs versus for furniture lasting decades is wasteful IMHO

My model 3 performance, the seats are... sub standard. I actually hate the pleather.

I am selling mine / trading / whatever for the CT.

My concern is... for a truck, the Pleather is not as durable, hard wearing or as nice as legit leather.

Therefore... does anyone know if there is going to be an option for this?

Or will it have to be "and now.. *Marine grade* vinyl seats"... yay... Im not a vegan. Screw that..

I want real dead animal skins please, they wear harder, look better and easier to look after dammit too..

Anyone else agree or any super massive Teslacandonowrong types here think that thin pleather is superior?
Couldn’t disagree more my 6 year old X seats that is used as a work vehicle harder than any pickup truck out there is holding up great.. maybe just take better care of your belongings?