Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have we all been played by Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you know they aren't prioritizing deliveries based when the initial reservation was done? Just because everyone can configure now doesn't mean anything with regard to actual delivery dates... literally all cars depending on the options selected are saying the same thing. How do you know you aren't the one who gets their car in Sep and the later reservations are the ones who get delivered in Nov?

I repeat... everyone is showing the same 2-4 month or 3-5 month delivery timeframe estimates... that doesn't mean anything about delivery priority within the timeframe. Also... despite it saying 2-4 months... we know Elon says some P models will be delivered in July... I'd take these estimates with a heavy grain of salt.

Now if we start hearing about a large percentage people who start getting delivery dates before everyone else who ordered last week then YES I will be put out a bit.

How do you know they aren't prioritizing deliveries based when the initial reservation was done? Just because everyone can configure now doesn't mean anything with regard to actual delivery dates... literally all cars depending on the options selected are saying the same thing. How do you know you aren't the one who gets their car in Sep and the later reservations are the ones who get delivered in Nov?

I repeat... everyone is showing the same 2-4 month or 3-5 month delivery timeframe estimates... that doesn't mean anything about delivery priority within the timeframe. Also... despite it saying 2-4 months... we know Elon says some P models will be delivered in July... I'd take these estimates with a heavy grain of salt.

Now if we start hearing about a large percentage people who start getting delivery dates before everyone else who ordered last week then YES I will be put out a bit.

Did you read the post I linked?

Sadly I think it all comes down to the need to show a profit.

Any previous commitment or perceived obligation is out the window at least for the next few days.

We'll likely have a much better idea of what in the world is going on within the next week or so.

From the looks of it right now Tesla went from having a $1K interest free loan that was refundable to a $3.5K interest free loan that's not refundable. At least for those that jump.

Maybe the key is not to jump. But, I'm probably going to jump. :p

Why did we reserve 2+ years ago and hand over $1k in interest free loan to Tesla while folks who reserved less than a month ago are able to configure their cars while our estimates show Sep-Nov?

Shouldn't Tesla prioritize deliveries based on when the initial reservation was done? This is so bizarre.

:mad:

I can't edit the original post any more.

Please see the thread I linked. Somebody reserved their car 5/20, configured 6/27 for delivery on 07/20.

Did you read the post I linked?
Guess I didn't.... Although I imagine this guy is an extreme outlier... like his exact same configuration car was declined by someone in the same area. I don't think it will be representative of the majority. Also.... are you ordering AWD? If so... of course yours might be coming later (3-5 months) because they haven't been built yet... This guy happened to get one of the RWD that are floating around so it makes sense.

• Disagree
  • Funny
Reactions: dm33 and FlatSix911
Guess I didn't.... Although I imagine this guy is an extreme outlier... like his exact same configuration car was declined by someone in the same area. I don't think it will be representative of the majority. Also.... are you ordering AWD? If so... of course yours might be coming later (3-5 months) because they haven't been built yet... This guy happened to get one of the RWD that are floating around so it makes sense.

Not sure if it's an isolated case (there's another datapoint in that thread)

• Informative
Reactions: dm33 and dhrivnak
Why did we reserve 2+ years ago and hand over $1k in interest free loan to Tesla while folks who reserved less than a month ago are able to configure their cars while our estimates show Sep-Nov?

Shouldn't Tesla prioritize deliveries based on when the initial reservation was done? This is so bizarre.

I noticed that too. I don't think we are being played by Tesla but I have to admit it feels bad to see someone get their cars delivered when some of us have been waiting 8-10 weeks. I thought we would all be contacted already to schedule for July. I mean all April and May configs at least.

If the first week of July comes and goes with no contact then what does that mean? I wonder if ISA has a spreadsheet of dates when people configured or what methodology they are using. I think the logic we are using is First come, First serve. Obviously location, choice of color (silver least desired), previous owner, and random luck play a huge part.

Reactions: gogogoducks

No one has been played. We have financial needs mixing with delivery commitments.
That’s all.

I read the thread. It's a weird aberration. Or the person isn't being truthful. Tesla still has 400K reservations waiting on their car. Assuming he/she is being truthful then how could it happen? Elon did say that if you go for the specific design they are building then you may get your car sooner than a year. The other thing you might not consider is the filling of a truck going to a certain site. If Tesla sees they are short a single vehicle for an area of Georgia (as this person is) to fill a truck then they would scramble to find a vehicle to fill that truck. That person might be the lottery winner. Not because of timing but because of location. If that is what happened, it is human error and laziness that caused the weird aberration. I wouldn't consider it a trend.

There's my WAG on it.

I read the thread. It's a weird aberration. Or the person isn't being truthful. Tesla still has 400K reservations waiting on their car. Assuming he/she is being truthful then how could it happen? Elon did say that if you go for the specific design they are building then you may get your car sooner than a year. The other thing you might not consider is the filling of a truck going to a certain site. If Tesla sees they are short a single vehicle for an area of Georgia (as this person is) to fill a truck then they would scramble to find a vehicle to fill that truck. That person might be the lottery winner. Not because of timing but because of location. If that is what happened, it is human error and laziness that caused the weird aberration. I wouldn't consider it a trend.

There's my WAG on it.

If i had to guess, I'd say the latter is true, that they were filling the delivery train/truck to come to ATL. Seeing someone else's post in my thread and info from others outside of the thread, my VIN is the highest, by about 10k (not that they necessarily go in sequential order).

Reactions: Grendal
Sadly I think it all comes down to the need to show a profit.

Any previous commitment or perceived obligation is out the window at least for the next few days.

We'll likely have a much better idea of what in the world is going on within the next week or so.

From the looks of it right now Tesla went from having a $1K interest free loan that was refundable to a $3.5K interest free loan that's not refundable. At least for those that jump.

And $0.00 of that is considered profit until they deliver the car the deposit is for- so the "profit!' explaination doesn't hold up to accounting rules.

It does provide some operating cash on hand, but that is countered on a balance sheet by a liability since they "owe" something for that deposit.

• Disagree
Reactions: dm33
If you look at Cj’s tracking sheet there are a bunch of 6/27 configures with 6/28 Vin and A delivery as early as July 3rd.... whereas some of us have been waiting for 10 weeks give or take Tesla Model 3 Invites - Latest VIN

I had received the June delivery delay email and have received no communication. The only one communicating to Tesla is me. I really hope they get their stuff together and better manage customer expectations...

Lastly, I don’t feel played by Tesla.. I just think they need to get their *sugar* together...