Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you installed A sight-line dashboard instrument cluster display?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone added this to your 3? A sight-line dashboard instrument cluster display

If so, your thoughts, please.

If not, would you or wouldn't you add it?

IMG_0844_4c0a65f1-e9bb-4212-871d-65a0d1ab3a3c_1080x.jpg
speedo_3_200x200_crop_center.jpg

Last edited:
Can the hud be updated via usb ect?

This is off EANOP's web site

----------------------------------------------------------

Does the TH100 HUD can upgrade software online?

Yes, EANOP designed a Micro USB port inside of the HUD. if Model 3 & Y upgraded software, EANOP will send software to EANOP customers, customers can open the back cover, and connect the Mirco USB port with a data cable, upgrading software themself

This is literally further away then the current speedo position. In my sitting position the speedo is 1” away from where my palm rests on the wheel and very easy to glance. This one i’ll need to look way down. Seat is at its lowest too. I don’t see how this adds anything to the experience.

It checks all the minimalist boxes for sure, but my experience with 3rd party accessories that have a proprietary UI like this one, is that you’ll get maybe 1 or 2 updates and then it’s forgotten about when the next iteration becomes available. I have a 9” Linux display and even though it has CarPlay there is an instrument cluster mode that can suffer from the same effects of a software update. I have had to beg and plead for a software update from hansshow and the three that I have gotten since May, there is no changelog to tell me what has been fixed.

It’s an evil of all these 3rd party accessories, in buying them, you have to accept that it can be a brick at any given tesla update if the manufacturer doesn’t update their software.

Super compact but doesn't seem to provide a lot of info. On the opposite end of the scale is the massive rectangular displays that do have a lot more info but also a bit too big and blocks airflow. I think something in the middle is better - a bit bigger with more info but not so big that it blocks airflow. For me, the mini display that a few vendors sell that mounts on the steering column seems to be a good balance between info and size.

I recently purchased and installed the 4.6in screen from Hansshow. There are a few different places to buy this screen. It's small, but gives you the vitals. For a little over $200, it is a nice addition to the car. It looks like it came from the factory like this. The welcome animation is nice too.

Install took a little over an hour and is slightly different for AMD and Intel processors. My car has the Intel, so getting to the ECU plug was a pain. But if you watch all the YouTube videos, the average home mechanic should be able to handle this install - no problem.

Really happy with it!

Tesla M3 Screen.JPG