Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you lost faith in Tesla?

Have you lost faith in Tesla?

• No

Votes: 295 59.5%
  • Nearly

Votes: 94 19.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 107 21.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is off topic but the 1 litre of oil consumption per 1,000 miles is a common usage figure that manufacturers use after which there is clearly an issue with the engine.

Specifically for Toyota they historically don’t use anywhere near that, with owners rarely having to top up between yearly/10,000 mile services. However in the more recent past, some of their engine designs have suffered from carbon build up on the pistons which seizes the oil control rings and makes the engine start to consume oil. You know there is a problem way before you get to the 1 litre/1,000 mile limit but Toyota won’t do anything until then (even though it’s a known issue and there are new piston and ring designs available) by which point you could be out of warranty and the cylinder walls have been scored.

Reactions: Js1977
This is off topic but the 1 litre of oil consumption per 1,000 miles is a common usage figure that manufacturers use after which there is clearly an issue with the engine.
Just throwing a bit of balance in to the let's have a moan affair. I never new this was the general consensus because having owned in excess of 60 cars across most common brands and being in motoring circles this was not really a thing. This is obviously a get out of jail card for manufacturers. Needless to say, I could not sell the car privately knowing there was a problem with it even though it was still under warranty hence chucked the problem back to the trade and since solved this niggle by simply not having the combustion engine. Only the motorbike remains for now as such liability.

Reactions: Msicario
Must get my rattles sorted …
in last 1 year and 3 months of ownership I had total of 16 service appointments (in SC and ranger). couple where when I turned up and no courtesy car, so I left, I got few technical issues, but probably 8 of them was because of rattles. almost (!!!) sorted them all out!!!

good luck in sorting them :D

50k car and at least 8 appointments for rattles.
Gh8aMlmH5E9EVbl6cpPLF7svZnVGxy-__4IVi2o9P4SVDlOPXUGo9fWxH7gpoRtrMcK6Z1Z_J7FEqvSBqNeeuvfUZgZvCIwnUFMmmzi6xYQ62Tu9ae9N7KEm2fxeODOeN5H1weugF48mgTy07bJwytuUlQ6Ef6KQQGLY-RTPQDj09LoO9ur3zSDqMKIFVXzaNdcGglWaC_hpHWoFnWZzt3Rhl9YGhCmdEe8rDC1mJy08IlkJtbUm8BBge6WbOFat2igto2LPgDO8I6QOl1n5UBcQZqKeTIEZ7AgeP3gtOHWk8RuVbxVoWeNEW1aiOpu-clbUgafWLEPc_i3gapBFMQb9S1kynoy7b7lCrHiR3pYCSiZO4zOt3Gs6YqNctQtTwCIlFMDXvag-H8TPVx7YPeNF3S6MItJa02KHSj9zkrwrLbH1QzNdj5NjWSHUSDFOBx8z6X59eQEAKPDzJiKqvnBYZwbBN2ZqjveEJnbwrWe-0XddCrcgQQgzkj8EghPup9j97fLLdU7LqxDsFqvyDJZSVFL5wd-ML1HEVgBF9seGas39n4TLfEZtZ5o9WiKaNhoAhkr1xDJIcIiiwr_rmVtWQSvXtqJQM1UJomJ55fT1-pECP8fXvXo8-gVMCvDcBg3f-vnJVxRKmVNpU1JTSqeq4OT-lDW3EUOD9ACZAa9CRC0qFq0HQoab8lhfokGvbS37j3VWz-NylEhzxLHX4S_uSGI7kkkKpNuuhnjtAEi2EJNoHP8M_Z7YV-ppKuG4X7upjQQXjukEzIIRdE_8IKO0Q4DqFu4pnJ_Wv-3VguRB0BC2dK8VufkTIEe4tWEdX-fbaldoWCO0_QGKKTWWAwfCHf6kc41JvXJHymTK_33tcrtv1iK8QPmy_uxTwfBMEf_DHBBUpAffykJBs_0nF6gZyefBahV5EYsnFmRa9T5iRvczrkCq1jVuhnX66-USa6bLyMFhBO-TwMzLqWaW=w727-h969-s-no
giphy.gif

Reactions: UrbanSplash
in last 1 year and 3 months of ownership I had total of 16 service appointments (in SC and ranger). couple where when I turned up and no courtesy car, so I left, I got few technical issues, but probably 8 of them was because of rattles. almost (!!!) sorted them all out!!!

good luck in sorting them :D

50k car and at least 8 appointments for rattles.
Gh8aMlmH5E9EVbl6cpPLF7svZnVGxy-__4IVi2o9P4SVDlOPXUGo9fWxH7gpoRtrMcK6Z1Z_J7FEqvSBqNeeuvfUZgZvCIwnUFMmmzi6xYQ62Tu9ae9N7KEm2fxeODOeN5H1weugF48mgTy07bJwytuUlQ6Ef6KQQGLY-RTPQDj09LoO9ur3zSDqMKIFVXzaNdcGglWaC_hpHWoFnWZzt3Rhl9YGhCmdEe8rDC1mJy08IlkJtbUm8BBge6WbOFat2igto2LPgDO8I6QOl1n5UBcQZqKeTIEZ7AgeP3gtOHWk8RuVbxVoWeNEW1aiOpu-clbUgafWLEPc_i3gapBFMQb9S1kynoy7b7lCrHiR3pYCSiZO4zOt3Gs6YqNctQtTwCIlFMDXvag-H8TPVx7YPeNF3S6MItJa02KHSj9zkrwrLbH1QzNdj5NjWSHUSDFOBx8z6X59eQEAKPDzJiKqvnBYZwbBN2ZqjveEJnbwrWe-0XddCrcgQQgzkj8EghPup9j97fLLdU7LqxDsFqvyDJZSVFL5wd-ML1HEVgBF9seGas39n4TLfEZtZ5o9WiKaNhoAhkr1xDJIcIiiwr_rmVtWQSvXtqJQM1UJomJ55fT1-pECP8fXvXo8-gVMCvDcBg3f-vnJVxRKmVNpU1JTSqeq4OT-lDW3EUOD9ACZAa9CRC0qFq0HQoab8lhfokGvbS37j3VWz-NylEhzxLHX4S_uSGI7kkkKpNuuhnjtAEi2EJNoHP8M_Z7YV-ppKuG4X7upjQQXjukEzIIRdE_8IKO0Q4DqFu4pnJ_Wv-3VguRB0BC2dK8VufkTIEe4tWEdX-fbaldoWCO0_QGKKTWWAwfCHf6kc41JvXJHymTK_33tcrtv1iK8QPmy_uxTwfBMEf_DHBBUpAffykJBs_0nF6gZyefBahV5EYsnFmRa9T5iRvczrkCq1jVuhnX66-USa6bLyMFhBO-TwMzLqWaW=w727-h969-s-no
giphy.gif
that is beyond ridculous. I sold my brand new mini (when they first got relaunched) because I had to take it in about 5 times for various things. I don't know why on earth you still have the car.

that is beyond ridculous. I sold my brand new mini (when they first got relaunched) because I had to take it in about 5 times for various things. I don't know why on earth you still have the car.
because:
1) it's on the finance (well, tesla loan)
2) currently value is probably less than loan balance.

IF I had an option get rid of it, I would.

I will get rid of it in few years time, though (planned to hold it for a long time...)

I could (maybe should) have rejected mine, but I had no idea what I would replace it with. Stories of owning an EV without "the network" put me off other EV's and my work EV scheme , makes EV's the sensible option. I'll just keep taking it back in and making a scene till i'm happy (not getting a courtesy car is a pain, but i'm happy burning through uber vouchers). At least I can give it back after 3 years and hopefully other charging will have caught up.

Yes for me… I’m fed up with Tesla… however I do actually like my M3P which I’ve owned from new for 3.5 years …
Trouble is, I don’t want the hassle of the 3rd party charging networks and they still make amongst the most efficient EVs!
I’m properly annoyed with their false promises and particularly annoyed about me spending £6k on a FSD promise !

Yes for me… I’m fed up with Tesla… however I do actually like my M3P which I’ve owned from new for 3.5 years …
Trouble is, I don’t want the hassle of the 3rd party charging networks and they still make amongst the most efficient EVs!
I’m properly annoyed with their false promises and particularly annoyed about me spending £6k on a FSD promise !
but you already have access to 23 SC which are available for non-teslas..

I would make a bet that this number will double in next 2 years max (or maybe all the sites will be accessible to other cars). then the only reason to buy tesla will be evaporated.

in my experience, the need of SC with LR vehicle is not that important. I charge on rapid charger, on average, less than once every two months. but YMMV

I would make a bet that this number will double in next 2 years max (or maybe all the sites will be accessible to other cars). then the only reason to buy tesla will be evaporated.
both teslas here going back 3 years have never had the need to charge outside home bar once. However, connectivity to the car is important to me as not to be frustrating and Tesla is still the staple on this front also having used bmw, nissan and Hyundai. Also for maximum performance and practicality at this price range there is no competition. If none of these things matter to you then yes a Tesla might not make much sense :)