Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you lost faith in Tesla?

Have you lost faith in Tesla?

• No

Votes: 295 59.5%
  • Nearly

Votes: 94 19.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 107 21.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had 2 M3LR's.

After their handling....not the removal itself per se...of the USS debacle (car ordered in May, private cash purchase when USS part of the spec.. no notification / communication whatsoever of the spec change either before or after delivery) I don't expect to be buying another Tesla.

Last edited:
My view, as a second Tesla owner, is I am thoroughly disheartened by the promises that were made for the cars in the European region (which includes UKNI) some four years ago. I now find the software updates a nuisance rather than something to look forward to. Some feedback from Tesla on progress, timescales etc might provide optimism but of course, it is never forthcoming. On the plus side, I am impressed with the hardware engineering and capability of the car. The biggest plus is that I never have to go near a dealer for 'servicing'. Would I recommend them? With the reservations above, possibly. Would I buy a third? Unlike the 'tick-in-the-box' way I purchased my second, unless there is a major step forward, I would look very carefully at what else will be available in two years time before making a decision.

I wouldn’t say I’ve lost faith in Tesla, but they don’t provide what I want. In my next car I want:

More comfort and refinement. The M3 is waaaaay too noisy at motorway speeds.​
A decent binnacle display.​
A HUD.​
Acres of real dead cow. The vegan “leather” looks and feels like no leather I’ve ever seen and just helps make the interior of the car look cheap. Which it is.​
A few physical buttons for HVAC.​
Software updates that don’t remove features or break something that previously worked.​

I can’t see Tesla providing any of these, which means my first Tesla will also be my last.

Just lol at voting “disagree” on an OP with a free choice to express your opinion via “Yes” or “No”
Understandable to me, this kind of thread usually just turns in to a pity party just like the removal of USS thread where a bunch of furious people just sit there in a misery circle complaining about unimportant stuff they can’t change.

I wouldn’t say I’ve lost faith in Tesla, but they don’t provide what I want. In my next car I want:

More comfort and refinement. The M3 is waaaaay too noisy at motorway speeds.​
A decent binnacle display.​
A HUD.​
Acres of real dead cow. The vegan “leather” looks and feels like no leather I’ve ever seen and just helps make the interior of the car look cheap. Which it is.​
A few physical buttons for HVAC.​
Software updates that don’t remove features or break something that previously worked.​

I can’t see Tesla providing any of these, which means my first Tesla will also be my last.
Yep, that sums up what I think. Tesla charge premium prices but the interior of the M3 is anything but premium. And I’m not criticising the simplicity, which I like, but it just looks and feels cheap.

No is the short answer.

The long answer is that I am very happy with my car.

Im also happy to report that TV autopilot is better than the older version with the radar. I know that is a controversial view but it’s the reality of my experience.

I think they have lost their marbles when it comes to current pricing. The Model 3 SR is not a £50k EV but that’s the price if you want anything other than white. £42k a year ago was pushing the envelope IMO.

The USS thing is not confidence inspiring but I’m not impacted currently and don’t plan on buying another car so I’m monitoring closely and keeping an open mind.

As for stocks, I’d have put Tesla in the same category as bitcoin, lots of hype, limited tangible value. The company was over valued and it was obvious to anyone looking at it objectively. It still is over valued IMO.

As for FSD, it’s £6.5k so and I just can’t comprehend it adding £6.5k of value so I couldn’t give two cares about it. If it was £1-2k they might peak my interest.

As for super chargers, the blame is clearly with those who enable the infrastructure to be built, aka the DNOs, planning and other associates red tape. It’s not just tesla having issues there. We are getting side loading and USB-C on iPhones soon, the changes of super chargers remaining a walled garden are near zero.