Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Akikiki

A'-Lo-HA ! y'all
Nov 26, 2012
Kaneohe, HI
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller... Bueller... Anyone? Anyone?

Anyone got 8.0 besides me? Got the notification this evening. v 8.0 (2.36.108) Took 14 min 30 seconds to install.

Firmware 8.0.JPG

Got mine last night....love the changes.
- UI looks better except map traffic lines thinner
- AP better but not picking up road in a couple spots it used to and reading spots it had a hard time picking up before...lol
- Sound alert now to keep hands on wheel and music volume lowers. Haven't tested nagging yet.
- Also like the homelink alert.

Group thread too...

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/tesla-firmware-update-8-0.76399/

Reactions: Akikiki
It might not make any difference, but there's no harm in trying this. I heard it worked on someone else and it worked on mine. Cost nothing to test. Reestablish your home wifi connection to your car. Don't expect any immediate change, but check your cell phone app notifications about 3 hours or so later.

I got mine last night around 8:30 pm. I was over at a friend's house, talking with them about the Model S since they were interested in getting one. On my walk home, I saw the alert on my phone. Haven't read through all the release notes but the screens look interesting. One thing I did notice was that if a song is streaming on Slacker when I leave my car, when I come back to the car, for some reason, toward the end of the song, it would skip to the next song. Doesn't do that when I am still in the car.

I guess they finally started rolling out 8.0 to the X owners. Got the notification last night and installed. Still playing with it today - UI definitely is cleaner. Haven't played with autopilot yet today so don't know about how those changes are working.