Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - Firmware Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just catching up. I am still dealing with a hard drive crash. unfortunately of the 8 hard drives I have the one that crashed was my primary and had all my software and backups on it. (3TB Drive) I may be able to save it by changing the HD Controller from an identical model over to the bad drive but in the mean time I have to be satisfied with more updates in my MS. I had one waiting at the airport when I got back and another one today.
when I left the airport I saw a Sig and a white MS parked there. the half asleep parking attendant asked for the $180 parking fee for the two weeks I was there. I had to remind her that I was again driving my trusty MS and not the POS ICE rental car.

Just catching up. I am still dealing with a hard drive crash. unfortunately of the 8 hard drives I have the one that crashed was my primary and had all my software and backups on it. (3TB Drive) I may be able to save it by changing the HD Controller from an identical model over to the bad drive but in the mean time I have to be satisfied with more updates in my MS. I had one waiting at the airport when I got back and another one today.
when I left the airport I saw a Sig and a white MS parked there. the half asleep parking attendant asked for the $180 parking fee for the two weeks I was there. I had to remind her that I was again driving my trusty MS and not the POS ICE rental car.

You have just a couple more hours today to register for Octoberfest. We surely hope to see you there with us.
And sorry about the HD problems you are having. The chicken will have a soft towel for your eyes.

I was at the SC yesterday for a few hours getting some things updated...including an upgrade from 5.9 --> 6.0 (Finally!).

PapaFox was there as well and we got to chat for a bit and Susan showed us their newest arrival--an autopilot capable 60. Of course it's not activated yet, but it has the cameras, sensors and some interior changes as well--nice to see!

Just installed 6.0.2.0.77. Took about 19 minutes once downloaded.

Radio was setting on Slacker playing Christmas music before I started. As the firmware finished and the car booted back up, the Christmas music came back on. My first thought was "Wow, How cool is that? They loaded the firmware with Holiday music". And then I woke up. (Too much eggnog, I guess).

Just installed 6.0.2.0.77. Took about 19 minutes once downloaded.

Radio was setting on Slacker playing Christmas music before I started. As the firmware finished and the car booted back up, the Christmas music came back on. My first thought was "Wow, How cool is that? They loaded the firmware with Holiday music". And then I woke up. (Too much eggnog, I guess).
My 6.0.2.0.77 update was waiting for me after my workplace Christmas party. I was giving two women a "tour" of my car and told them this was a special tour I had arranged just for them. Watching a real live firmware update... one of them was impressed the other was..... married.

6.1 is out! Who will be the first in Hawaii to get the update?

And... wait for it, wait for it, you are not going to believe (finally) what's added to 6.1
Can any of you long-timers remember the most oft requested feature? What is it?
E-Yep, Reverse Camera Guidelines. Not joking.

Reverse_Cam_Guide.jpg

Last edited:
And... wait for it, wait for it, you are not going to believe (finally) what's added to 6.1
Can any of you long-timers remember the most oft requested feature? What is it?
E-Yep, Reverse Camera Guidelines. Not joking.

View attachment 68624

Yay!! I thought somebody had said previously that this wouldn't be possible to be added by software because the Tegra processor in our car wasn't capable of it? In any case, happy that it's finally here!

Yay!! I thought somebody had said previously that this wouldn't be possible to be added by software because the Tegra processor in our car wasn't capable of it? In any case, happy that it's finally here!

What? What's that Spleen? Elon sends vehicles to outer space. He's building 'the loop' to Mars. And you doubted he could get backup guidelines in a camera? Come on. Renew your Faith, but another Tesla.

I got the 6.1 update!
I was using the new cruise control to work yesterday and today. TIs pretty cool, but a little scary. It slows down pretty late compared to what I would while driving. Dont know if I'll use it a lot. One great feature on the ne updates is shuffle on music, both usb and slacker works great! and the back up lines are pretty cool. It also has a pre conditioning for the air conditioner after it sees a pattern of driving times and cooling setting. This car is amazing!