Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - Model 3 reservations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep! Fully agree as well, as my wait from Aug to December was an eternity, I am sure TM will find some not so happy campers out there, the plus to the reservation numbers being higher then anyone even Elin expected is maybe it will put pressure to make sure the late 2017 a reality as we have seen the long delays of production times for the S and X, as a few of you are STILL waiting for you X and it's not months but years!

I have told my wife expect her 3 in 18 or even 19 prior to the unveiling, maybe now it will be sooner...

As far as the Teslainzaity for us, nah, I got my S, and she has the patients that I don't have....

Elon's interesting tweets in the last 72 hours, in case you missed them:

They're up to 276k orders as of yesterday. Holy cow! :eek: TSLA is going to pop at the opening bell tomorrow.

"Token of appreciation for those who lined up coming via mail. Thought maybe 20-30 people per store would line up, not 800. Gifts on order."

"Also, small token of appreciation coming for those who lined up."

I wonder what we're getting and if the HNL store line qualifies? I don't think we reached 800. :p (I'm pretty sure that must have been the Santana Row store count)

"A Model 3 order gives you priority in your geography, so, even tho total count is high, ordering early will make a big difference locally."

I wonder what "geography" Hawaii is in? I hope we're considered "west coast" so our production/delivery is sooner, but I hope not included in the bay area.

Not so fast, Nanimac,

I can see in your signature that you foolishly believe you'll take delivery of your Model 3 before I take delivery of my Model 3. Huh! I'll win this competition even if I have to order the optional espresso maker and the ludicrous-on-steroids performance option. (still fuming after coming in 2nd in the 70D competition. Iceman wouldn't look me in the eyes for a week because of it!)

Not so fast, Nanimac,

I can see in your signature that you foolishly believe you'll take delivery of your Model 3 before I take delivery of my Model 3. Huh! I'll win this competition even if I have to order the optional espresso maker and the ludicrous-on-steroids performance option. (still fuming after coming in 2nd in the 70D competition. Iceman wouldn't look me in the eyes for a week because of it!)

lol. Was wondering when you would notice. :D

Any guesses on what the gift for lining up is? I'm not expecting much as he did say 'a token of appreciation'. I think either a poster with sketches of the Model 3 that he tweeted, or perhaps a little Model 3 keychain? :)

I'm guessing a free upgrade to performance version, ludicrous mode for everyone who reserved from Papafox forward. For everyone (especially Nanimac) who showed up later, Tesla will provide you with a small digital musicbox with the sound of Elon Musk playing a sad but lovely song on the violin.

violin.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: spleen
I'm guessing a free upgrade to performance version, ludicrous mode for everyone who reserved from Papafox forward. For everyone (especially Nanimac) who showed up later, Tesla will provide you with a small digital musicbox with the sound of Elon Musk playing a sad but lovely song on the violin.

View attachment 170736

Bahahahahaha! I would sell that musicbox..lol.. I removed the delivery date from my signature..didn't want to bachi myself. o_O

Deposited on model 3 in KailuaKona. Wondering if anyone can tell me what service if any is available here. Also, any feedback on car reliability.

Snerruc, welcome to the forum! The only service center in Hawaii is located on Oahu at the moment, but Tesla plans to double the number of stores and service centers worldwide by the end of 2017, and so you might see something closer to you before your Model 3 arrives. I would expect Maui to be the next island to get a service center, due to the fairly large number of Tesla vehicles popping up there. Others on this forum can give you an idea of how the servicing works when you're on a neighbor island.

As for reliability, I own two Model S vehicles, one with about 20,000 miles and one with 43,000 miles. Not much has broken during that time. With my mainland Model S, I started hearing a weird noise shortly after buying it that required a trip to the service center for a 4-hour repair, but that was the only critical issue I have run into. These are really very simple cars with a battery and a reliable electric motor. I've never actually heard of a motor problem. Early in the release of Model S there were a number of people with door handle issues, but that problem has been cleared up. Some Model S owners have heard a noise associated with a drive unit going bad, and Tesla has replaced the drive units in a few hours time. The drive unit is covered by the 8 year drive-train warranty. I've had a few times when something was weird with the software, and so I rebooted the car's software and that has always cleared the problem. You may only need a once-yearly inspection of your car to keep things running well.

Deposited on model 3 in KailuaKona. Wondering if anyone can tell me what service if any is available here. Also, any feedback on car reliability.

I concur with Papafox. I have an early production Model S, and in the beginning there were a few niggling problems. The pano roof creaked (after a couple of attempts to get rid of it, it's now gone) and occasionally the extending door handles wouldn't open on the first try. Those have been redesigned and now work flawlessly. I also had the drive unit fail on me at 45k miles, and the service center drove a loaner out to me in 30 minutes(!) took my car away, and swapped back out to me later in the day after calling to see where I was. I don't know if you can expect that level of service on the outer island, but what I can tell you is that Tesla is committed to giving the best customer service possible, and I think this is easier to do than when you're going through a dealership. I would also like to think that Tesla continues to improve their manufacturing process and are learning from their first 3 vehicles, and will be successful at engineering the Model 3 to have even better initial build quality/reliability.

I concur with Papafox. I have an early production Model S, and in the beginning there were a few niggling problems. The pano roof creaked (after a couple of attempts to get rid of it, it's now gone) and occasionally the extending door handles wouldn't open on the first try. Those have been redesigned and now work flawlessly. I also had the drive unit fail on me at 45k miles, and the service center drove a loaner out to me in 30 minutes(!) took my car away, and swapped back out to me later in the day after calling to see where I was. I don't know if you can expect that level of service on the outer island, but what I can tell you is that Tesla is committed to giving the best customer service possible, and I think this is easier to do than when you're going through a dealership. I would also like to think that Tesla continues to improve their manufacturing process and are learning from their first 3 vehicles, and will be successful at engineering the Model 3 to have even better initial build quality/reliability.
Thanks for the info . There are 7-8 in Kona and I hope one responds as I really want to order a S rather than wait, but I'll stand pat ( probably 3 year wait) if service is a problem.