Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - Model 3 reservations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great to see everyone! And enjoy the rest of your vacation gg_got_a_tesla! Hopefully no more lines for you ;)

Who else is going back to the SC to watch the reveal at 5:30 pm HST with the rest of the Tesla fam?

Great to see everyone! And enjoy the rest of your vacation gg_got_a_tesla! Hopefully no more lines for you ;)

Who else is going back to the SC to watch the reveal at 5:30 pm HST with the rest of the Tesla fam?[/QUOT

I am going to try to go but I know traffic will be bad

Guess i'm not going now since i should've left already to get there on time...Will just have to watch on my phone :(

Last edited:
@nanimac, one must always read between the lines with Elon :)

- full auto pilot *hardware* is standard as are the autopilot "safety" features (auto-braking and such). Sounds like full autopilot functionality (that includes autosteer, auto lane change and maybe more in a couple of years) would be a paid-for option. Very much like with the S.

- supercharger capability? From a hardware perspective, yes. But, enabled by default? Sounded like that would have to be paid for as well.

Great looking car though. The L-shaped handles are cool!

@nanimac, one must always read between the lines with Elon :)

- full auto pilot *hardware* is standard as are the autopilot "safety" features (auto-braking and such). Sounds like full autopilot functionality (that includes autosteer, auto lane change and maybe more in a couple of years) would be a paid-for option. Very much like with the S.

- supercharger capability? From a hardware perspective, yes. But, enabled by default? Sounded like that would have to be paid for as well.

Great looking car though. The L-shaped handles are cool!

True...was just talking to Akikiki about that...and yes, great looking car! Of course, we wouldn't expect anything less from Tesla :)

I got RN1089xxxx. wonder why you got 107?

Interesting, I received an email w/subject "Your Model 3 reservation is confirmed" at 2:35am this morning. However...
  • No mention of RN # in the email
  • No mention of RN # in My Tesla (when I login through website on my laptop)
  • No mention of RN # in ipad Tesla app
When reserving yesterday morning at the service center, I was told to use same email address as I currently use for Tesla account, which I most certainly did (now quadruple-checked). I wonder what's going on...

Nanimac, other threads explain it as the which computer server they were connected to at the time...

Hawaii Kai, trust me I know how you fell, but on the brighter side maybe soon, being that 115k reservations were made, and we were techinically the last group to order maybe it's just still processing....

I just read reservations are up to 180k

Last edited:
Wondering where Hawaii fits in the production queue. Tesla employees first then West Coast Tesla owners and then West Coast non owners. I'm assuming Hawaii is included in West Coast, because it certainly isn't Midwest or East Coast (and I doubt we are in the last category: Pacific). However within the West Coast, I'm guessing there is a hierarchy between Bay Area, Southern California, Oregon, Washington and Hawaii. Could be wrong.

On my Model S I was reservation #170, but VIN #4xx.

Last edited:
That's a good question Jkam. (Sorry I missed seeing you yesterday. Looked for ya after I saw your car there.)
Nanimac and I figured out that Hawaii is in fact in the Western Region. But we were surprised that CA had a 3 hour head start on making reservations before HI, considering we had heard that regions would be merged to form the lists. But within the region, we would wind up behind CA, AZ, NM, UT, WA, OR, NV. Unless, TM does something to balance HI customers.

Oh well, we have at least a year to whine about this before the first ones are ready. Let's see what happens.

Akiki, I think I read somewhere that the reservations will be timed from how much time after the particular Tesla store opened. So let's say my reservation went in at 9:15am HST = 12:15pm PST. My reservation was 15 minutes after the Hawaii Tesla store opened. So it will be in the same range as people that made their reservation 15 minutes after the Arizona store opened and 15 minutes after NV store opened....
That's the way I understood it. Could be wrong nonetheless.

My original question though wasn't about reservation #s, but actual production #s since everyone is up in arms about the possibility of the federal tax credit expiring.

Like I said earlier, my original S reservation was #170 yet my car off the production line was in the #400s. Reservation # does not equal Production #. If they prioritize Bay Area and Southern California before Hawaii within the Western Region, then even though someone might have an early reservation # in Hawaii, the actual production of the car could be way further down the line.

I agree with JKam. Tesla will be swamped trying to sort through all of the different queues. You've also got the employee queue, and the current Tesla owners queue, the general queue for first time buyers, and then the sub-queues for all the regions.

Tesla is getting crushed with reservations. That's a good thing and a bad thing. Good thing because it's good for the company that they have such a sought after product. Bad thing, because you know people are going to get pissy at how long they have to wait to get their cars. You think us Model S owners had it rough with Teslanxiety? Just wait until you're #200,000+ on the wait list for a Model 3. Elon did tweet about rethinking production due to high demand, and it will take a capital raise and even more careful execution to make sure to not endanger the company to pull that off. They're smart, so i think they will pull it off, but there's always risk to such a demand explosion in a capital intensive venture.