Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I appreciate the good wishes on my car being delivered soon.

Regarding the pano roof creak: This is a known problem with service bulletins. There have been at least 3 different reasons for a pano roof creak reported on the forums. Barry should be able to get the service bulletins and fix your creak, whatever its origin. If my roof creaks I am going to be all over Tesla and Barry to get it fixed ASAP. My Leaf is dead silent, no creaks or rattles at all. I expect Model S to be built to at least the same standards.

We should not accept creaking pano roofs. If cars shipped here have the creak we need to raise a little ruckus and not put up with this till it's fixed. Hawaii should not accept lower standards than the mainland. People with pano creaks on the mainland are getting them fixed by their local service centers. We need to insist on the same.

On a happy note, my Custom CCI arrived from Teslaccessories it is well made and the Obeche (gloss) matches my dash Obeche finish. the heavy duty construction means that it is a bit heavier than I had imagined, but I think you can stand on it and it will hold together. It also includes a "hook" to help fish your USB cable through the openings. I wish I had opened the included envelope that it was in before I fished the wire through without it...

... you're a trailblazer, first-ever CCI shipped to Hawaii!

Regarding the pano roof creak: This is a known problem with service bulletins. There have been at least 3 different reasons for a pano roof creak reported on the forums. Barry should be able to get the service bulletins and fix your creak, whatever its origin. If my roof creaks I am going to be all over Tesla and Barry to get it fixed ASAP. My Leaf is dead silent, no creaks or rattles at all. I expect Model S to be built to at least the same standards.

We should not accept creaking pano roofs. If cars shipped here have the creak we need to raise a little ruckus and not put up with this till it's fixed. Hawaii should not accept lower standards than the mainland. People with pano creaks on the mainland are getting them fixed by their local service centers. We need to insist on the same.

FWIW, there is no creaking at all coming from our pano roof.

Web apps. Where are you find those? Google search, I guess, right?

found liks to them right here on TMC. users like timtorr have been "hacking" the phone app to figure out the API.
here is the link to artsci's python web page. the login is the same as your Tesla login, it passes this to the tesla server for access to your car data.
for Google just do a search for Telsa API.

looking at my car (via the web) and see the range dropping with every hour....
and the interior temp is 85.1 while the exterior temp is 75.2. the car has been sitting all night so the temps should be closer to each other.

Last edited:

I've already been in communication with Barry about the creaking. I'm definitely not accepting this as normal, but at the same time am not going to be "that customer" since I also work in the customer service business. I'll give him some time to fix it and he's aware of my problem. He's waiting for some plastic shims that they're supposed to install at some joints to stop the creaking. I'll report when it's done.

On a side note, I had my curb-rashed rim repaired and it looks like brand new so far. Just can't touch or wash the rim at all for a week. My car is dirty and needs a bath so I guess only the rims are not getting washed today.

- - - Updated - - -

On a happy note, my Custom CCI arrived from Teslaccessories it is well made and the Obeche (gloss) matches my dash Obeche finish. the heavy duty construction means that it is a bit heavier than I had imagined, but I think you can stand on it and it will hold together. It also includes a "hook" to help fish your USB cable through the openings. I wish I had opened the included envelope that it was in before I fished the wire through without it...

dsmith, congrats on the CCI!! That looks awesome. I'm hoping to be able to get a look at it in person some day. I'm torn between having that nice big open space, or not having to put my iPhone in the cup holder or door handle grab area :biggrin:

Me too. No creak

- - - Updated - - -

StephenM, I am relatively pleased with my iPhone holder approach. Its reversible in case a better method comes along.

I took the Pro.Fit International "Universal Vehicle Mount for iPod Classic" mount from Amazon. It says its made for iPod classic, but its also made for iPhones 4 and 5. The back side has raised plastic tabs to reinforce the screws and nuts that normally would hold it on the Pro.Fit "Bravo Universal Mount". But I didn't use the Bravo mount. I cut a square of plastic and drilled holes in it to make it a flat surface on the back side. Then used Industrial strength Velcro from Home Depot on the backside. Then a single wide strip that fits flat on the dash under the driver side right vent, down to the hazard flasher button. The Velcro holds it in place and allows me to remove it when I want. The Velcro on the dash makes the mount install reversible and won't leave a mark when I peel it off.
Here's the Pro.Fit mount.
Pro.fit.jpg

Thanks, everyone! So excited! Nanimac, papafox - I had a hard time choosing between blue and silver. Your blues will look so rich in the sun and look like black at night. What made me finally decide on silver was was the picture DSmith posted of his silver MS at the Ala Moana charging station. Beautiful! Looks like I may be one week earlier than you with a window of 05/22 - 06/05.

Thanks, everyone! So excited! Nanimac, papafox - I had a hard time choosing between blue and silver. Your blues will look so rich in the sun and look like black at night. What made me finally decide on silver was was the picture DSmith posted of his silver MS at the Ala Moana charging station. Beautiful! Looks like I may be one week earlier than you with a window of 05/22 - 06/05.

anything I can do to help...

- - - Updated - - -

Instead of driving around in my MS today I decided to ride my motorcycle. after being neglected since I got my MS it refused to start. I guess it was jealous about my MS getting it's battery charged and wanted some voltage itself. After charging it promptly "puked" oil all over the ground in an attempt to stain my MS. finally got it going and went out onto the road for a spin. I noticed the lack of regen while braking, I'll have to have that looked at. Oh, wait, no regen on an Indian MC.

What made me finally decide on silver was was the picture DSmith posted of his silver MS at the Ala Moana charging station. Beautiful! Looks like I may be one week earlier than you with a window of 05/22 - 06/05.

RodF, the silver is a classic beauty. You're going to be mighty happy with it, I'm sure. It also hides the dirt better than the blue or black.

Instead of driving around in my MS today I decided to ride my motorcycle. after being neglected since I got my MS it refused to start. I guess it was jealous about my MS getting it's battery charged and wanted some voltage itself. After charging it promptly "puked" oil all over the ground in an attempt to stain my MS. finally got it going and went out onto the road for a spin. I noticed the lack of regen while braking, I'll have to have that looked at. Oh, wait, no regen on an Indian MC.

dsmith2189, There are a whole lot of for sale signs of Porsches, BMWs, and the like because of this Model S. I think there's still going to be room in your garage for an Indian motorcycle, though. Even with the pano roof, the MS can't quite match the open air feeling of a cycle. I owned an open-cockpit biplane for 16 years and know that feeling well.

dsmith2189, There are a whole lot of for sale signs of Porsches, BMWs, and the like because of this Model S. I think there's still going to be room in your garage for an Indian motorcycle, though. Even with the pano roof, the MS can't quite match the open air feeling of a cycle. I owned an open-cockpit biplane for 16 years and know that feeling well.

No room for my Inidan. I live in a condo with only 1 assigned space. my MC and my MS are reeeeeealy cramped in that one space. the rear view camera is very useful to avoid the MC when parking and I make use of the folding mirrors too.

Status
Not open for further replies.