Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JKam, I didn't know the SC had it. But isn't it a paint pen? I was looking for a bit more volume than that. Sure hope I never need this stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

RodF, Great, I will be watching for your reply. It would be fun, but don't let it interfere with your plans.

Well if you ever need more than the paint pen, you are talking about a pretty serious job - something that requires going to a body shop or something. Hopefully you won't ever encounter that situation. Plus if there was a situation where I would need to apply more paint than a paint pen, I would likely send it to the service center anyway. The service center would have access to the right paint.

• White Solid Paint

• Body Color Roof
  • 19" Wheels
  • Grey Leather Interior
  • Obeche Wood Matte Décor
  • 60 kWh Battery
  • Standard Suspension
  • Parcel Shelf
  • Destination and Regulatory Doc Fee

Aloha Everyone,

Would you be so kind as to let me know if you see the vehicle described above with my name on it at the Service Center? I'm getting vague answers from my inquiries...

Mahalo, Jeff

• White Solid Paint
  • Body Color Roof
  • 19" Wheels
  • Grey Leather Interior
  • 60 kWh Battery
  • Standard Suspension
  • Parcel Shelf

Aloha Everyone,

Would you be so kind as to let me know if you see the vehicle described above with my name on it at the Service Center? I'm getting vague answers from my inquiries...

Mahalo, Jeff

Ok, will keep an eye out for it.

Just joined the blog. My wife and I pick up our white Model S Tuesday morning. We put photo-voltaic on our roof last September to get rid of our HECO bill. That went from an average of $450/month to the base admin fee of $14 each of the past 5months. We decided to lose the gas bill on my wife's Jag so ordered the Tesla in December. We are too excited waiting for Tuesday.

Any special Hawaii issues we need to know about? How is dealing with the Service Center? I think I know Randy Abe's dad so that should help.

Just joined the blog. My wife and I pick up our white Model S Tuesday morning. We put photo-voltaic on our roof last September to get rid of our HECO bill. That went from an average of $450/month to the base admin fee of $14 each of the past 5months. We decided to lose the gas bill on my wife's Jag so ordered the Tesla in December. We are too excited waiting for Tuesday.

Any special Hawaii issues we need to know about? How is dealing with the Service Center? I think I know Randy Abe's dad so that should help.

Special Hawaii issue? The only part is the method of paying Hawaii sales tax and getting the car registered. There's been a couple of good guides on this thread so far. Congratulations!

Welcome and grays HNLDuck! The head of service is Barry Abe, and knowing his dad certainly couldn't hurt! But honestly, Barry does his best to help everyone, but has a lot on his plate. Still setting up the service facility, delivering all MS on the island, take care of all teething issues with this new car and also having to deal with all of the anxious soon-to-be owners (I'm guilty).
Specific issues to Hawaii? Maybe not enough new road to travel as I'm always looking for an excuse to drive and I'm just going around the island in circles. This may not be specific to Hawaii, but most times I try to charge at a local charging station (Ala Moana, Kahala Mall or the Dole theaters) there's always a Leaf taking up all the spots :biggrin:. I've been lucky from time to time though.

Well if you ever need more than the paint pen, you are talking about a pretty serious job - something that requires going to a body shop or something. Hopefully you won't ever encounter that situation. Plus if there was a situation where I would need to apply more paint than a paint pen, I would likely send it to the service center anyway. The service center would have access to the right paint.

That makes good sense. You are right. I will remember that about the paint.

- - - Updated - - -

Aloha and and welcome HNLDuck. We encourage you to browse though this thread from the begining to collect some useful info about hints we have learned. Spleen is correct particularly about the tag part. These info here that will save you repeating the same steps.

And great idea regarding the PV. Hey how about posting your configuration for us to admire in your profile signature settings?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, will keep an eye out for it.

RodF, Thanks for the fun. Was my pleasure meeting you. Have you been able to get that silly grin off your face yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
  • White Solid Paint
  • Body Color Roof
  • 19" Wheels
  • Grey Leather Interior
  • 60 kWh Battery
  • Standard Suspension
  • Parcel Shelf

Aloha Everyone,

Mahalo, Jeff

Jeffdhood, If your car is not at the SC yet? There are 20 expected in next week. There were 3 White at the SC today. I think 1 had White roof, but I think the interior was black. Hang in there.

What a great day!

Prior to today I just had random sightings of Teslas, and one test ride with a friend. I knew the car was nice, but when I saw my car for the first time, it looked stunning. The contrast of the black grill and roof against the silver just looked fantastic.

The only thing I can say about the car is that it is incredible. Like no car I have ever owned. I was having a hard time getting myself to sell my trusty Lexus SC 430, but right after the ride home I told my wife I was ready to move on and sell the car.

My wife has never visited the forum and did not know the term “Tesla Grin”, but she seemed to notice that silly grin I had on my face all day.

Akikiki, it was great to meet you. Thanks for coming down and for offering the great advice and insights. Thanks also for taking the pictures and your MAJOR thoughtfulness. I really appreciate it.

They were just about to start drilling in the mount for the front license plate when Akikiki told me I should look at his plate mounting first. Good thing he stopped me! I think it is the way to go. He documented what to get and how earlier in this thread.

I have read many posts about the great acceleration, but to actually experience the immediacy and extent of responsiveness to a small shove on the accelerator, WOW.

Sound system – There were some previous comments about the studio sound system – I’m pretty picky and so far it sounds plenty good to me. Just need to turn off the Dolby, push the bass and midrange because the system seems to naturally accentuate the highs. Lots of volume. When I bought my Corvette the first thing I did was tear out the Bose system and put in a completely different system. I’m not going to modify this system, it does everything I need.

Thanks to all of you for all the great insights you have posted to this thread, as well as the forum as a whole. First drive with a car this different and complex would have been a major culture shock. But I felt comfortable and informed.

Luke and Barry were great!

Jeffdhood, I did try to take a look around and I thought I saw several white cars with white roofs. But then again, I may have been a little distracted.

Welcome HNLDuck. This thread is a great thread for specific Hawaii issues.

Ride home – yes, Akikiki, I did play a song. I planned on listening to a Chicago sound and the logical choice was…… Make Me Smile!

Last edited:
What a great day!

Prior to today I just had random sightings of Teslas, and one test ride with a friend. I knew the car was nice, but when I saw my car for the first time, it looked stunning. The contrast of the back grill and roof against the silver just looked fantastic.

The only thing I can say about the car is that it is incredible. Like no car I have ever owned. I was having a hard time getting myself to sell my trusty Lexus SC 430, but right after the ride home I told my wife I was ready to move on and sell the car.

My wife has never visited the forum and did not know the term “Tesla Grin”, but she seemed to notice that silly grin I had on my face all day.

Akikiki, it was great to meet you. Thanks for coming down and for offering the great advice and insights. Thanks also for taking the pictures and your MAJOR thoughtfulness. I really appreciate it.

They were just about to start drilling in the mount for the front license plate when Akikiki told me I should look at his plate mounting first. Good thing he stopped me! I think it is the way to go. He documented what to get and how earlier in this thread.

I have read many posts about the great acceleration, but to actually experience the immediacy and extent of responsiveness to a small shove on the accelerator, WOW.

Sound system – There were some previous comments about the studio sound system – I’m pretty picky and so far it sounds plenty good to me. Just need to turn off the Dolby, push the bass and midrange because the system seems to naturally accentuate the highs. Lots of volume. When I bought my Corvette the first thing I did was tear out the Bose system and put in a completely different system. I’m not going to modify this system, it does everything I need.

Thanks to all of you for all the great insights you have posted to this thread, as well as the forum as a whole. First drive with a car this different and complex would have been a major culture shock. But I felt comfortable and informed.

Luke and Barry were great!

Jeffdhood, I did try to take a look around and I thought I saw several white cars with white roofs. But then again, I may have been a little distracted.

Welcome HNLDuck. This thread is a great thread for specific Hawaii issues.

Ride home – yes, Akikiki, I did play a song. I planned on listening to a Chicago sound and the logical choice was…… Make Me Smile!

RodF, Mahalo nui loa, you made my day!, errr, wait, Made my weekend. Take a nice looooong ride tomorrow.

hodgeshawaii, I was reading on TM forum today and saw the following comment on a thread talking about their rear seat experience. I thought this might be helpful to you
KOL2000 | June 2, 2013 new
We had same issue. Here's what we did:
Limo tint full black out on the rear window and put ac on highest setting, close front vents and let all of it go to rear. Aim the rear vents up so it flows to the back. That worked like a charm.
To get them to fall asleep buy neck pillows (like the one for airplanes).

60kWh, black, black leather/piano black, 21", pano, air suspension, tech, sound, child seats, supercharger

Interesting configuration. I'm guessing it's not an orphan from the Hawaii SC, but from another state, since I can't see anyone ordering supercharging for HI.

Thanks for the HAR citation. I'm going to have to keep that handy in the glove box when I go get safety checks. I can't tell you how many times I had to argue with them on my previous car.

Interesting configuration. I'm guessing it's not an orphan from the Hawaii SC, but from another state, since I can't see anyone ordering supercharging for HI.

Thanks for the HAR citation. I'm going to have to keep that handy in the glove box when I go get safety checks. I can't tell you how many times I had to argue with them on my previous car.

Supercharger? What's that? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.