Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elon spoke at a Tesla Town Hall meeting in Amsterdam recently. Many of the questions and answers were Europe-centric, i.e. expansion of the supercharger network in Europe. But a couple of questions gave answers that would be of interest to us.

Firmware 6.0 is just a few weeks away from rollout. No exact date was provided but JB Straubel said it was currently out in beta testing.

One specific feature that will come with 6.0 is restoring control over height. We will be able to lower the car if we choose too. We will be able to manually set the height where we want it and it will stay there, high or low.

There was a lot of secondary talking during the recording making some of the questions difficult to understand. If you wish to listen to it, its located on the marketwatch.com blog at:

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/energy...ope-after-spotify-gives-it-the-cold-shoulder/

The SC has three demo/sales cars now. One Silver P85+, one Grey P85+ and one RED S85. These are not loaners. Currently they have no loaners in Hawaii. (We need to "comment" to Barry and Luke about the lack of loaners so TM will do something about that. Squeaky wheel and all.

Bottom Line, I don't think so. I think they must wait for the new hire customer advocate, to come on board.. But close.
I didn't dig to find out if the three sales cars can be driven now. I was told by Barry that they are not loaners and the SC currently does not have any loaners.

Bottom Line, I don't think so. I think they must wait for the new hire customer advocate, to come on board.. But close.
I didn't dig to find out if the three sales cars can be driven now. I was told by Barry that they are not loaners and the SC currently does not have any loaners.

I think she is here already. I think I met her when I dropped into the SC to see about my annual checkup a few weeks ago.
For now I am holding off on my Annual until they either get the Black 85+ fixed or get a new loaner.

Just spoke with a dog owner I know in Kailua and she said "Hey, I'm getting a Tesla!" Turns out she and two galfriends had a rendezvous in the Seattle area for the purpose of all taking test drives in Teslas on the same day. Turns out that my friend's friends all ordered their Tesla Model S cars in the past couple of weeks and she's scrambling to get her order in now, too, so that they all get the cars about the same time. I better buy more stock.

Just spoke with a dog owner I know in Kailua and she said "Hey, I'm getting a Tesla!" Turns out she and two galfriends had a rendezvous in the Seattle area for the purpose of all taking test drives in Teslas on the same day. Turns out that my friend's friends all ordered their Tesla Model S cars in the past couple of weeks and she's scrambling to get her order in now, too, so that they all get the cars about the same time. I better buy more stock.

i wonder how how many there are now on island...I see at least 2 a day now when I'm downtown!

i wonder how how many there are now on island...I see at least 2 a day now when I'm downtown!

Our city's Motor Vehicle site is still stuck in the 90's--no such luck. I know someone who can lookup the exact number though...to the Bat Cave!

Will inquire.

There is a list for 2012 registered vehicles that lists the number of EVs registered in Hawaii. but not broken down by brand and no 2013. Howard Dicus (Hawaii business news reporter) had a report last month on the number of cars sold by brand but did not include Tesla individually. it fell into the "other" category.

2012sumregvehautos_oahu.png

Last edited:
There is a list for 2012 registered vehicles that lists the number of EVs registered in Hawaii. but not broken down by brand and no 2013. Howard Dicus (Hawaii business news reporter) had a report last month on the number of cars sold by brand but did not include Tesla individually. it fell into the "other" category.

View attachment 44934

Alright - which one of you is cruising around in a horseless car?? I want to borrow. There's 61 of them hiding somewhere.....:tongue:

Ugh! Driving up my hill to go home today, I hit a log rolling down the road. It was left out for bulk pick up. It hit the front passenger side of the car. Now I have green fluid leaking out and the wheel well is pushed in. Waiting to hear back from Roadside Assistance to tow the car to the SC after I talked with Tesla Service.
OH NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
I hope it's not too serious and that you can get your car back before too long :crying:

OH NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
I hope it's not too serious and that you can get your car back before too long :crying:

Thank you. Contacted my insurance company. They will arrange for towing to the body shop to assess the damage. Tesla Service/Roadside Assistance has already sent a message to the SC to inform them. The adjuster for the insurance company will be contacting me to arrange for the towing and was told that the body shop and adjuster will be in contact with the SC.

I am tempted to go down to the house that the log rolled from to let them know of the damage. There is a lot of green fluid leaking so I think it is the air conditioning that is leaking. It smells like the fluid from that.

It's certainly not going to be a cheap fix. I'm curious how much the damage will come out to. I just hope that everything gets returned back to normal in quick time. This problem is not Tesla related (an accident) so I suppose you won't be able to drive an S for that time (no loaner). That's gonna suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.