Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My cousin (who has a VOLT) says he run into that same situation a bunch of times..he even complained to Costco since a lot of ICEs park in the EV parking only stalls...they kind of just blew him off like those security guards did to you...Even though an ICE can get fined for parking in EV parking, doesn't seem like anyone is enforcing it :mad:

Well, it's not like I was planning to charge anyway... Blink chargers are not free...

- - - Updated - - -

nice picture, now to photoShop the grafitti...

Thanks folks. Here's another. The file was too big and I couldn't upload it on the road.

photo.JPG

Stephen, are we going to see your MS on display making all those ICE jealous at the First Hawaiian Auto Show?
yes, Someone should have a MS on display there this year. Especially since Motor Trend is one of the sponsors and it would be nice to have a great big sign saying that the MS is the Motor Trend Car of the year....

I plan on going to the show on Saturday.

I wouldn't mind donating my car for the cause since I still have my bimmer for another month, but I would be concerned with people damaging it (scratches on paint and what-not). That and a safety issue. You need to have the car on, to show the 17-inch screen, which would be the star of the show, but how could you be sure that someone can't put it in drive or reverse and damage the car/hurt people?

Anyone going to the car show on Sunday? Would love to check your car(s) :smile:

I wouldn't mind donating my car for the cause since I still have my bimmer for another month, but I would be concerned with people damaging it (scratches on paint and what-not). That and a safety issue. You need to have the car on, to show the 17-inch screen, which would be the star of the show, but how could you be sure that someone can't put it in drive or reverse and damage the car/hurt people?

I hadn't planned on going, but, since I missed the NON St. Patty's day drive around the island (done it several times because I like driving my car so much!!!), I would gladly attend so we could have the whole lineup in the lot!

PS Anyone heard that Detroit Electric plans on coming back! Dang!!!! EV Revolution is alive and well.

I am looking forward to seeing all of you on the road soon...

We'll be at the car show Friday night. Kind of sad that the Model S won't be on display but understand the difficult logistics for Hawaii.

Our DS got back to us and explained that our car had been rerouted to the Port of LONG BEACH and was currently on a ship heading to Hawaii. Really? Originally out of Oakland and instead they truck it all the way down to LA? (sigh)

The wait is killing us!

No need to unlock the car. Short notice but, just a couple of life sized (17") images on poster board showing the displays.

We'll be at the car show Friday night. Kind of sad that the Model S won't be on display but understand the difficult logistics for Hawaii.

Our DS got back to us and explained that our car had been rerouted to the Port of LONG BEACH and was currently on a ship heading to Hawaii. Really? Originally out of Oakland and instead they truck it all the way down to LA? (sigh)

The wait is killing us!

The ship that leaves Oakland actually stops in Long Beach on the way to Hawaii. For some reason they don't put the cars on the direct ship.

No need to unlock the car. Short notice but, just a couple of life sized (17") images on poster board showing the displays.

Yup, definitely short notice. If anyone knows how to set it up on short notice and they want it there, I would do it.

I do work through the weekend so maybe a tricky proposition anyway.

Sorry to hear about the agonizing wait, Spleen. I know exactly how you feel. Don't worry though, soon it will be here and all will be right in the world :biggrin:

The ship that leaves Oakland actually stops in Long Beach on the way to Hawaii. For some reason they don't put the cars on the direct ship.

Thanks for the explanation, dsmith - that definitely makes more sense.

Sorry to hear about the agonizing wait, Spleen. I know exactly how you feel. Don't worry though, soon it will be here and all will be right in the world :biggrin:

Thanks Stephen for the sympathy, we're certainly hoping so! Gorgeous pics of your car BTW earlier in the thread.

Just so you have the info

@Everyone,
I saw a thread on TM's forum about thick mats. It talks about 70 oz mats by Coverking versus the 40 oz mat from Lloyd Ultimat.

I could not find them on Costco, but did on Amazon, AND free shipping, BUT not to Hawaii. $%#^. I sent an email to the company selling them via Amazon.
He agreed to sell me a set of front 70 oz in the color I wanted. No free shipping though. It cost me $31 for shipping. I guess this turns out to be about the same or maybe a little cheaper than the Lloyd's from just about anyone with shipping to Hawaii. However, I rather try the 70 oz versus the 40 oz.

I have not received them yet. But if you have not bought any, I thought you would want to know about the Coverkings.

^Funny that you're talking about the weight of the mats. The ones that come with the car are so light that they fold over backwards on hard acceleration! I'll bet this is the only car that does that since most cars that pull that hard would have better mats :)

Update on the ownership experience. Besides the squeakiness emanating from the pano roof (known issue, permanent solution pending), this car is absolutely AMAZING! The instant torque and sheer power of the Model S is astounding and addicting. The ooh's and ah's from bystanders will go away as it becomes more commonplace, but not the driving enjoyment. There's no going back to ICE for me. Not unless I go broke (knocking on wood)
The VP for my company is in town, and got to ride and drive my MS. He's very impressed, and says he wants to pick one up for his wife. He drives an Audi R8 convertible.
He had a good laugh (and impression) when I took him out for a night on the town, and at 4 a.m. and with already a full car, many other of my friends wanted a ride home in my new ride. 4 fit easily into the back seat, and then my friend with 2 of his girlfriends wanted a ride too. I told him it's full, but he can hop in the trunk if he likes and I jokingly opened the trunk from the touch screen. He jumped in with the 2 girls and the the trunk was able to close!! We drove off, and I took everyone home. 2 in the front, 4 in the rear, and 3 in the trunk. If someone was fool enough to ride in the frunk I would have had 10 people in my car!! Hahaha! What a crazy story. My VP was amazed. I wonder if he will be stealing his wife's ride when it arrives :wink:

disclaimer: you're not supposed to put people in your trunk (or frunk) unless they're children and you have your jumper seats installed, but can in a pinch :biggrin:

Hi all,
I'm getting a 40kwh MS sometime in early summer. It'll be blue, pano, 19" wheels, with air suspension. Your posts are very helpful and lately I've been drooling over photos of StephenM's car up on Tantalus.

I live in Kailua and commute to the Kapolei area on weekdays. Good news is that it's almost all at highway speed. I grow my own 'lectricity on the roof and I'm very satisfied with that decision.

I've never owned a new car in my life and only once paid more than $5000 for my used cars, so you can imagine that this spanking new Tesla is going to be a new experience for me. I drove one at a Get Amped event is Portland, Ore. last summer and never quite got the accelerator pedal to the floor because we were already at highway speed and gaining on the car ahead. Mercy! This is going to be fun.

Although I've saved enough to buy the MS outright I may want to finance the car if rates are low enough. Any suggestions? Anyone investigate whether PennFed will loan to people in Hawaii?

Looking forward to catching up on all the great information in this thread and having a Tesla get together on Oahu some day!

Status
Not open for further replies.