Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Papafox, Me too. We can get you out to the SC when you need to be there. Post it here when you know - when.

Here's something you might find useful. This is a Model S Vehicle Demo hosted for MS owners. Tesla did it. Lots of detail and you can watch it more than once. http://vimeo.com/56110773 This is considered a private video, so you will need its password. Case sensitive t35la4ALL This video will give you a head start on things you will want to know later.

Last edited:
nanimac, I just called and they said the EOL date is now the week of 05/13/13. He said the delivery button and VIN number should be available around the end of next week. Looks like they are moving it up!

Congrats on an earlier EOL date! Just called Tesla..my EOL is still week of May 20th. Wonder if our cars will still get batched together for shipment? Either way..we are getting close to the home stretch :)

All that are waiting: As time for payment approaches TM will want a copy of your driver's license and current insurance card. (Does not need to be for the MS on the card,). I took a picture with my iPhone, emailed it to myself, and had it in an email ready to forward to "them" when they asked. Next will be the only part that hurts --- payment.

All that are waiting: As time for payment approaches TM will want a copy of your driver's license and current insurance card. (Does not need to be for the MS on the card,). I took a picture with my iPhone, emailed it to myself, and had it in an email ready to forward to "them" when they asked. Next will be the only part that hurts --- payment.

Got the request for license and insurance card today! So excited!

StephenM, Nanimac, RodF, Papafox, congrats to all of you. I am so happy for you folks. Have you started practicing your Tesla grin?
Have you done your homework (watching the video on how-to-Tesla)?

Have you been able to access your MS via the Tesla app yet? Does your VIN show up in it?
As you know, I've had mine now for 25 days. Today was the first time I was able to log in to the App and see the things I can do on the S.
So cool. I am driving my co-workers crazy honking its horn.
(I haven't had this much fun driving a car in 40 years.)

StephenM, Nanimac, RodF, Papafox, congrats to all of you. I am so happy for you folks. Have you started practicing your Tesla grin?
Have you done your homework (watching the video on how-to-Tesla)?

Have you been able to access your MS via the Tesla app yet? Does your VIN show up in it?
As you know, I've had mine now for 25 days. Today was the first time I was able to log in to the App and see the things I can do on the S.
So cool. I am driving my co-workers crazy honking its horn.
(I haven't had this much fun driving a car in 40 years.)

Was waiting until the end of the month to start getting my financing, insurance, etc. in place..just realized that the EOM is next week! Read on one of the other threads that someone said they got their delivery button for a 40KWH to be delivered May 6..looks like the 40K production is finally happening! Am going to watch the video this weekend :)

ddruz, ??? Where ya been dude? We've not heard much out of you lately. If you'd taken delivery, you woulda been braggin'. Have you received notice or delivery date yet? Is yours going to be in this next big batch to arrive?
Hi Akikiki, Thanks for keeping tabs on me. Still checking all the forums daily. Just keeping a low profile. Very excited for all the local folks getting close to delivery! Can't wait to see Model S's all over.

My DS (Robert Aguirre) emailed me two days ago that my car is on the boat that left So. Cal. over the weekend but that it could still be 2 to 3 more weeks before actual delivery. I've been waiting since Feb 2011 when I put down my deposit so a bit longer is no biggie.

I'll just be happy if my car arrives without any problems, panels aligned, interior fit and finish up to spec, etc. Apparently it was made in the last batch before end of quarter when they were rushing so I don't know whether it will be acceptable right off the bat or if I'll need to insist that Barry fixes a few things before I take it which could mean still a few more weeks of delay.

Nonetheless, I was at Home Depot today checking out materials for building a parcel shelf. So I'm prepping.

ddruz, Good to hear from you. 3 weeks huh? That's a week on the boat, if the boat doesn't get held at Long Beach. So, week on a boat, boat arrives and containers are unloaded. Since the big Red T is not showing on the outside of the container, and no one at Matson pays attention that ddruz is waiting on them to process his sweetie, it will sit a few more days. Then UPS jumps in and contacts Hawaii Freight to move it to Waipahu. Barry takes it, goes over it with a fine-tooth-micro-fiber-cloth, checking everything to make it perfect, has it washed, detailed and charged. Then comes Ring-Ring ...ALOHA ddruz, whata doing? Can you come get your sweetie. Okay, that's right, that's going to take about 2 1/2 weeks. I hope to hear from you, so I can be there and see your big Tesla Grin !

Question re: registration - I am planning to have both my wife and I as joint registered owners, but does that complicate the registration process? Will both of us have to be present at all the places that you needed to go to get the car registered? If too much of a hassle, I will just put it under my name. I needed to let Tesla know how the car will be owned. Thanks.

Question re: registration - I am planning to have both my wife and I as joint registered owners, but does that complicate the registration process? Will both of us have to be present at all the places that you needed to go to get the car registered? If too much of a hassle, I will just put it under my name. I needed to let Tesla know how the car will be owned. Thanks.

I did the same. I don't recall all the details, but I had my wife sign all the relevant papers at home, and then I went around and did all the legwork to the Tax Office and DMV. She did not have to be present at the Tax Office or DMV.

What you tell Tesla does not matter. It's how you do the registration at Satellite City Hall that really matters

- - - Updated - - -

Also, as soon as my car arrived in Hawaii I was notified. Delivery was 2 days after that. Only problem is a damn creak in the panoroof that needs to be lubed or tightened or something.

I agree completely. Aside from that irritating creaking from the pano roof, this car is fantastic! Just get rid of that creaking ...

RodF, I don't have any personal knowledge/experience with what you are asking, but I doubt anyone will disagree with you if you ask DMV to do that. DoTax will only care if that you give them their 4.5%, its not nuthin' to do with the titling or registration. DMV might even insist on dual names if the Lien has both your names on the loan. For that reason, DMV might even be forced to put both names. I think the trick you might want to try is he "or" she versus he "and" she. But that's just my two cents. :)

- - - Updated - - -

diamond, I hear what you are saying about th creak in the roof. (No sir, I'm not experience that... yet - knock on wood). But if this is any comfort, think of it this way, "there's about a million people right now that wish they had the problem you(we) have, i.e. driving around in a $100K car with a creak in the pano roof.". Just a little humor and how it makes you smile a little, no offense intended.

New subject/question: Is anyone playing with the Telsa app and using it on the MS when you can be driving the car? I've been hiding around the corner and flashing the lights and honking the horn as people walk by at work. Also showing off how I can turn the A/C on and cool the car before we get in it at lunch and ride off. Its a hoot. Anyone?

ddruz, Good to hear from you. 3 weeks huh? That's a week on the boat, if the boat doesn't get held at Long Beach. So, week on a boat, boat arrives and containers are unloaded. Since the big Red T is not showing on the outside of the container, and no one at Matson pays attention that ddruz is waiting on them to process his sweetie, it will sit a few more days. Then UPS jumps in and contacts Hawaii Freight to move it to Waipahu. Barry takes it, goes over it with a fine-tooth-micro-fiber-cloth, checking everything to make it perfect, has it washed, detailed and charged. Then comes Ring-Ring ...ALOHA ddruz, whata doing? Can you come get your sweetie. Okay, that's right, that's going to take about 2 1/2 weeks. I hope to hear from you, so I can be there and see your big Tesla Grin !

I dunnno about your time guestimate Akikiki. My MS was delivered (at home not SC) within 24 hours of arriving (usually Thursday AM). Matson Docks, Horizon unloading, UPS auto Logistics Picking up and Delivering on Friday noon. Of course my MS sat on the dock in Oakland an extra week (and watched two ships load cargo and leave) for no reason.

If it's on the boat that left last weekend it should be here today and could potentially be available at the SC this weekend. I hope I don't get ddruz's hopes up too much. If you have name of the ship you can go to the Matson web site and see where the ship is now (within the last 6 hours)

- - - Updated - - -

I agree completely. Aside from that irritating creaking from the pano roof, this car is fantastic! Just get rid of that creaking ...

and then there is the problem with the "nut" that holds the wheel... oh, that's me...

- - - Updated - - -

New subject/question: Is anyone playing with the Telsa app and using it on the MS when you can be driving the car? I've been hiding around the corner and flashing the lights and honking the horn as people walk by at work. Also showing off how I can turn the A/C on and cool the car before we get in it at lunch and ride off. Its a hoot. Anyone?

I was playing with some of the web apps people have been working on. When I went out to my car the next day my pano roof was open 100%, I guess it worked. A lot more controls and information are available than are in phone app. Still no official API for the web apps, just what a few people have come up with on their own.

On a happy note, my Custom CCI arrived from Teslaccessories it is well made and the Obeche (gloss) matches my dash Obeche finish. the heavy duty construction means that it is a bit heavier than I had imagined, but I think you can stand on it and it will hold together. It also includes a "hook" to help fish your USB cable through the openings. I wish I had opened the included envelope that it was in before I fished the wire through without it...

dsmith, I hope you are right and ddruz's car is here. I was just messin'. I hope ddruz understands that.

Web apps. Where are you find those? Google search, I guess, right?

The CCI is cool huh? That's great. Happy for you. I hope to see it someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.