Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy New Year Everyone! Here's to continued growth of Tesla in the islands & hoping for new & exciting things: more TMC Hawaii get-togethers (I'll try to make it to one this time!), Volta chargers everywhere, our first Tesla store here and the introduction of the Model X!

Hope you all have an awesome 2014.

Had to wait for over a year for my current lease to run out, but my car finally arrives next month! Which brings me to my question. I've looked back over most of the past threads and couldn't find where someone had posted some referrals for electrical installers. Anyone have a recommendation?

Had to wait for over a year for my current lease to run out, but my car finally arrives next month! Which brings me to my question. I've looked back over most of the past threads and couldn't find where someone had posted some referrals for electrical installers. Anyone have a recommendation?

I can't help you there. We have a family friend who is a general contractor who got an electrician as a subcontractor to install my NEMA 14-50.

Wolfie, most any electrician should be able to do this install blindfolded. As long have you have a space in your panel and enough juice coming into your house, the install shouldn't set you back too much. If you have no space in your panel, that could change the cost significantly. I don't have a recommendation (I did my own install), but I think you'd be safe getting a few estimates from electricians in your area and picking the one you feel is the most competent and seemed to care about the job. Hopefully someone might chime in with a recommendation...

P.S. - Welcome to the club! Don't forget to join the Hawaii Group section here:

Hawaii Tesla Owners - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

Yesterday I was waiting at a stop light and a big 'ol Harley pulls up alongside me. The engine was rumbling loudly. It was shaking my car a little bit. And it just ANNOYED me. Unfortunately we were in traffic so I had to put up with this noise pollution and vibration for a good half mile before I finally got peace and quiet again. I guess having been accustom to my quiet Tesla, I'm much less tolerant of Harleys (and don't even get me started on those mopeds that sound like airplanes taking off all while spewing out visible clouds of dark exhaust as they speed away at a whopping 25mph). I get that Harley people crave the engine rumble, but being a Tesla guy, it just drives me nuts now.

Yesterday I was waiting at a stop light and a big 'ol Harley pulls up alongside me. The engine was rumbling loudly. It was shaking my car a little bit. And it just ANNOYED me. Unfortunately we were in traffic so I had to put up with this noise pollution and vibration for a good half mile before I finally got peace and quiet again. I guess having been accustom to my quiet Tesla, I'm much less tolerant of Harleys (and don't even get me started on those mopeds that sound like airplanes taking off all while spewing out visible clouds of dark exhaust as they speed away at a whopping 25mph). I get that Harley people crave the engine rumble, but being a Tesla guy, it just drives me nuts now.

I'm in complete agreement with you here. I find that I'm much much less tolerant of the noise pollution and actual pollution than I was before owning the Tesla. It really transforms your thinking about what a car should be like. And this is coming from a guy that used to drive an S2000 with a very loud aftermarket exhaust. It will be many years to come, but I think when electric cars become the majority of vehicles on the road, the ICE cars will quickly start to fade from the scene as more drivers become intolerant of the noise and exhaust emissions.
It makes me think of how much I tolerated cigarette smoke in bars and restaurants before, and how accustomed to clean air I got after all of the anti-smoking laws were passed. Now, when I go to Japan it really irritates me to have to deal with cigarette smoke in public, to the point that I want to just leave and go somewhere else. There will be a tipping point.

StephenM and jkam,

I agree with you both. What gets to me is the cars that have the large subwoofer with the pounding sound that vibrates your teeth. Although, when I'm in traffic, I tend to roll my windows down and open the sunroof and play my music loud as well. Even with my stock stereo system, the sound is awesome. My wife loves to have the sunroof open whenever we drive around.

Prepaid service plan intervals relaxed

For those of us in Hawaii who don't follow the regular forum often this may be an important post to check out:
Reinventing service... - Page 4

Prepaid service visits are now once annually regardless of miles driven, no longer annually or 12,000 miles. A coworker in my office who owns a Model S reports he also received essentially the same info by email from Tesla.

Wish I'd known this a couple days ago. Had my car in for it's "annual" service check yesterday at 12,000 miles after not quite 9 months. From now on, it's once a year for me. BTW, I let our local SC know about this. They did not seem informed about it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.